PDA

View Full Version : Why is FFII so bad?

Wightraven
08-14-2003, 07:16 PM
OK, I'm at the Earth Cave in FFI, just about to fight Lich. So I decide I don't want to do that now, and switch over to FFII and start up a game...

It's... weird... the graphics are... screwed up-looking... they're different size... and it doesn't feel like an FF...

... so really, someone tell me why I should keep playing this game? I know all about the fly stat system, but beyond that I know nothing of this game (so please mark spoilers).

Bahamut2000X
08-14-2003, 08:52 PM
The graphics are the same for FFII and FFi on the NES. If you meant the WSC version then the FFII graphics are better then the FFI one.

I say keep playing it cause it has a good plot and when you beat the final boss you get a big feeling of acomplishment seeign as how it's so hard just beating the game.

SpikingZero
08-15-2003, 03:09 AM
It's not bad.

People just have no patience for it.

Wightraven
08-15-2003, 02:54 PM
All right then. I can't say your evidence is exactly rousing, but I shall press on.

By the way, I'm playing the PS2 version. I used to have the NES translation, in which the graphics were just a teeny step above FFI's (IMO), but I bought Origins for FFI and noticed, "hey, FFII's on here as well."

SuperPac
08-16-2003, 06:14 AM
Well, FFII is a great game, and personally it's one of my favorites. In fact, VII is the only one I like more. The stats building system is excellent (as long as you don't cheat), and it is HARD!!! That's one thing I really like about it. Also, the plot is really good, especially for it's time. The unique KEYWORD setup really grabbed me, and I just love exploring the world and trying to defeat all the monsters so I can fill up my database, raising my magic (also a great plus!), and just trying to get everything. Also, the artwork you can unlock is top notch!

twobitmage
08-16-2003, 10:26 AM
simply because you percieve it as bad

Wightraven
08-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Yes... thank you twobitmage for answering my post topic instead of my actual question...

... anyway, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I'm playing and enjoying FFII now, thanks to you people. Feel special.

black orb
08-18-2003, 02:50 AM
>>> I used to think the same, but the game is not bad, is just not impressive as FF1 and FF3 also you cant choose class/jobs. thats why I thought it was bad..

SuperPac
08-19-2003, 05:24 AM
Ah, now I feel loved. Thanks Wightraven, I do feel special!

Master.Pug
08-19-2003, 09:49 AM
FFII isn't bad, its great! (stomps FFVIII in the ground)
why do ya don't like it??
ok, its somewhat easy to level up alot, but the story is nice & I like the chars... even Gordon:D

MagicKnight Locke
08-19-2003, 10:36 PM
take my word,ive never canceled an ff except ff2,it got so boring at ice caves that i frameskipped so the bloody game part would go faster

Nemesis the Warlock
08-25-2003, 12:30 PM
FFII is my favourite in the series. Don't know how anyone can find it boring. It's more challenging than any other FF, in my opinion. It takes some patience, because you have to cover large distances, and most dungeons are twice the size of the final dungeons in PSX FFs.

It's a shame this battle system wasn't used in any other FF (if you don't count FF Legends). I like the idea of only levelling up the things you actually use.

Sefie1999AD
08-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
It's more challenging than any other FF, in my opinion. It takes some patience, because you have to cover large distances, and most dungeons are twice the size of the final dungeons in PSX FFs.

And that's why some people don't like it: they can't stand a game that makes them think and that isn't a major breeze. :p

Although I don't agree with all those stuff Nemesis said about FF2, I sure think it's a quality game. The best storyline I've ever seen in a NES game (although it most of SNES and PSX FFs have a better story, IMHO), with lots of tragic events and surprises. And that already makes the story way better than FFX's! The music is also good. There's lots of good songs around, and I really like listening to FF2 songs in FF: Symphonic Suite and FF Origins soundtrack. The battle system has its ups and downs, but if trying to remain objective, I'd say... it's pretty innovative.

DMKA
09-19-2003, 02:50 AM
That horrid, oldschool, 8-bit sound is what makes it difficult for me to play, which is why I've yet to complete any below 6, though I've played them all (well I haven't beat 4 yet because I keep getting my ass whooped:p ). Though I do admit they're far better in the challenge department, I need a compelling story with characters bearing realistic charateristics and most of all GREAT AUDIO. I'm a music addict...everything I do and like is heavily infulenced by its music.

I need to finish FFII sometime, I just don't know when.

Butz
10-23-2003, 11:34 AM
i've finished ff1

and i think you should too

ff2 the boring thing is the levelling takes a long time

but its good i'm playing now and close to finishing it

Ultima_Paladin
11-03-2003, 03:22 AM
ff2 is a great game, i think all ff's are great games :D

Alexis
11-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I think FFII is good,but very difficult(Mysidia Tower)!!!

robfinalfantasy
11-04-2003, 01:34 AM
It's the first game to make use of customizable characters. You can make your team however you want and if later on you regret then you can change them. Also you get temporary characters which is always cool. I would say that the customizing part is the best. Those might be some reasons to continue with it.

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 03:13 AM
I wasn't too fond of the spell levelling, but other than that, I thought it was a great game. If I want a powerful, say, Fire spell, then I don't want to waste my time with weak Fire spells so that they'll eventually become stronger, all the while depleting my MP like crazy. I think I had one person with a level 15 Cure and two with a level 7 Cure, and other than that my highest spell was level 2. Other than Ultima, I tried to level that up for a while but only got to level 5.