PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Round

UltimaSepheroth
08-14-2003, 10:34 PM
just curious what everyone's opinion on this is.

do you think that using Knights of the Round to insta-kill Jenova and Bizarro Sephiroth is cheating or cheap?

BG-57
08-14-2003, 11:17 PM
I do not consider it cheating using any character/technique/item that the game intends you to have available at that point. It is conceivably cheap. :greenie:

I think it boils down to playing styles. Some people like more of a challange. More power to them. :)

Big D
08-15-2003, 12:45 AM
Winning the game quickly and easily = reward for doing those freaking long sidequests that are essential to get such items as the KotR materia.

It's 'cheating' if you hack the game and reduce the final boss' HP down to five. It's not cheating simply to use a magic spell that can be acquired in the normal process of playing the game.

Doens't mean you have to use it, of course - I usually go for other, more efficient tactics.

o_O
08-15-2003, 12:36 PM
I do belive it is a 'cheap' tactic, however, as Big D said, why take the time to acquire these items if you won't use them. Let's face it, getting KOTR takes about 8 hours out of someone's life, why-oh-why would you waste that time, if you weren't going to use it often? Sure, there's the WEAPONs, but surely KOTR was put into the game for a greater purpose than elimination of two bosses. Nevertheless, I never have KOTR equipped when fighting Jenova or Sephiroth in the Northern Crater. :p

musashius
08-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Seeing as how the final bosses of the game aren't very difficult to defeat (I beat them without going to any materia cave and didn't get Omnislash), I'd say it's harder to spend time getting KotR than just fighting the bosses without it. WEAPONS, on the other hand...

Master.Pug
08-15-2003, 01:50 PM
I only use Kotr against Ruby Weapon, its soo cheap to beat any other enemy with Kotr...
Bizarro & Jenova are still easy, even without it ;)

one_winged_angel
08-15-2003, 11:02 PM
as Big D kinda said the only way to cheat is by somehow disrupting the games code, otherwise you can only do what the game is programed to let you do

soulICE
08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
i get it just so i can waste a few hours to get the gold chocobo, and when i finally get KoTR, i always manage to smile like an idiot. no matter how many times ive beaten this game (goin on 7 times now), i still get excited when i accomplish this.

just somethin about the game.. everytime i play it, i still find somethin new.. or maybe i lack when it comes to noticing things :tongue: owell.

so this isnt spam, it isnt cheating if you can readily get it. tho i dont use KoTR that much (cept on ruby and emerald).. i just think using it for a one-hit kill strategy.. kinda takes away the battle experience. but thats just me

Raistlin
08-16-2003, 05:59 AM
It's only cheap if you say, "OMG the games so easy wtf this sux" and you're using KotR.

o_O
08-16-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Raistlin
It's only cheap if you say, "OMG the games so easy wtf this sux" and you're using KotR.

Yes. xD

It's a matter of choice, really. If you want an easy battle, use it, if not, don't. :p

§håd0w
08-18-2003, 12:32 AM
hell. using KOTR to beat jenova and sephiroth isnt cheap at all. using w-summon with KOTR is cheap. thats what i do

Master.Pug
08-18-2003, 01:21 PM
even without Kotr, the game is too easy...
I like the difficulty of FF1,3+4!
they aren't too difficult, its an average difficulty;)

hell is ff7 easy:(

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by o.O
I do belive it is a 'cheap' tactic, however, as Big D said, why take the time to acquire these items if you won't use them. Let's face it, getting KOTR takes about 8 hours out of someone's life, why-oh-why would you waste that time, if you weren't going to use it often? Sure, there's the WEAPONs, but surely KOTR was put into the game for a greater purpose than elimination of two bosses. Nevertheless, I never have KOTR equipped when fighting Jenova or Sephiroth in the Northern Crater. :p

8 HOURS ON THE CHOCOBO QUEST?????????

I did it in 2,5

-=]Assassin[=-
09-14-2003, 03:58 AM
im kinda 50 50 i would rather fight the hard way but me and my friends have a annual ff7 race and i usally get kinghts of the round at disc one or beggining of 2 and it helps alot.

Big D
09-14-2003, 04:13 AM
Unless you cheat, it's not possible to get KotR on disc one, or at the start of disc two. It can't be done until after you've obtained the Highwind.

Advent Child
09-14-2003, 07:10 AM
I can't be bothered to watch such a long animation

Sefie1999AD
09-14-2003, 09:48 AM
I don't think it's cheating, but the game's pretty easy anyway, so I just use it against Emerald and Ruby Weapons. For everything else, including the final bosses, I use other tactics.

BTW I remember watching my friend play FF7. He was on Disc 2, doing Yuffie's side-quest. He got really annoyed by Yuffie's father constantly casting Cure2 on himself, so he used Knights of the Round to defeat him. That was a real overkill, don't you think? :rolleyes2

§håd0w
09-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Lol. I remember beating all of them in one hit. So noone could cure.

With 4x of course.

PhoenixAsh
09-14-2003, 02:15 PM
I beat the game normally first, now I use whatever I want, including W-Item. I use KOTR on Bizarro because it's just an annoyance to fight more than one target.

Kindo
09-14-2003, 02:48 PM
You know, the first time you play the game you usually don't know about all that uber side-quest stuff. So either you're one of those guys who look up all secret stuff before you have completed the game atleast once, or you're an exception.

My personal approach when playing and RPG for the first time, is to not look anything up on the web, or with friends or whatever. Trying to keep everything as pure as possible the first time. I also try to avoid leveling up and other general "beefyness" the first time through, simply to maintain the challange of the game that the developers intended you to get. Getting KotR the first time through (and especially USING it), is just wrong.

katana
09-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, seeing as how I'm going to SO MUCH FRIGGIN TROUBLE FOR THE GOLD CHOCOBO!!!!!!

Anyway, I still havent beaten one winged Sephiroth, so I sure as hell am looking forward to using KOTR on him. Although I had no trouble at all on Jenova or Bizzaro Sephiroth...

They're haunting me...

:choc: :choc: :choc: :choc:

NM
09-20-2003, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't call it cheating or cheap. As has been said it takes alot of time to get a Gold Chocobo so you can aquire it so why not use it on the final boss?

I think every FF game has some move that deals out an insane amount of damage. Bahamut in FFX for example. Just 'cos it does some major damage dosn't make it cheating or cheap.

Just my 2 pence anyway. :D

-=]Assassin[=-
09-20-2003, 12:50 AM
well i wouldent say it was cheap or cheating but i would rather use other skills my seplf because its just to easy to use KoTr, but thats me.

Kenshin IV
09-20-2003, 01:45 AM
The bosses are easy enough that it doesn't really matter. If you want to get them over with fast, use Knights of the Round. If you want to take your time, don't. Knights doesn't make the game any less challenging, really because the game is super simple to begin with.

Radje
09-20-2003, 05:43 PM
I think it's fine to use it as it takes some pretty hard work to get it yet i usually seek a challenge.

katana
09-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Woah. If you take away One Winged Sephiroths barrier and use KotR, that insta kills him too....

Nice.
:choc:

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 10:16 PM
does deBarrier even work on Safer Sephiroth? I dunno, I just went for it. Beat him with a total amount of HP left (for entire party) under about 2000. I got really lucky.

NM
09-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah Debarrier works on him.

He always casts wall at the start of the fight so just take it away from him with Debarrier and give him a good kicking. :D

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Damnit. I spent like an hour trying to beat him. If I had known I could use DeBarrier, I would've beat him a lot quicker.