PDA

View Full Version : CT - defeating Magus :'(

Sjekso
08-15-2003, 07:08 AM
2 hours and 40 attempts later...no results... I cant figure out how to defeat magus. I have read the strategy guide to attack him with a specific spell when he has that barrier up. When i do, he always counters me before, or after with 1-2 spells that nock off 60-80 hp. Frog cant heal the group fast enough and everyone ends up dying in the end. Plus... i always noticed that if you dont do anything, everyone loses 1 hp every few seconds.

If someone could conjure up their memory of how they defeated Magus, please any details you can remember may tip the scails in my favor so i can finally get past him.

here are the levels/spells i have been using in my strategies.

Crono lvl 25 - lightning 2
Frog lvl 23 - water, heal
Lucca lvl 24 - fire, protect

Thank you Sincerely,

Sjekso

Outsider
08-15-2003, 07:27 AM
Equip Frog with Masamune and the "Hero Medal" (so Frog critical hit rate will raise), and Crono and Lucca must heal the others (you should take Marle, cuz Aura Whirl is a great help in this fight).

Keep this strategy until Magus "risks casting a spell" (or something like that), he will stop using that Barrier Change, and you will be free to use any spells you want.

Until he stops using Barrier change keep this strategy:
Frog - Attack
Crono - Attack, Mid-Tonic (Aura Whirl if you have Marle)
Lucca - Mid-Tonic

Sjekso
08-15-2003, 08:00 AM
thanks, i'll try that out. Just gonna take me a bit to get back to the End of Time to get Marle. Lol :) But, i'll try anything at this point. Thanks agian.

Sjekso

Sjekso
08-15-2003, 08:44 AM
...i just wanted to say that i love you Outsider, i missed the most obvious strategy :/...

Super Christ
08-17-2003, 01:05 AM
During your first play through the game, Marle is probably the best person to have in your party because she heals better than anyone. Her usefulness begins to go down as you get close to level 100 though.

So yeah, based on whenever I start a new game without using new game plus, I'd have to say that your number one problem is that you don't have Marle in your party. I like Lucca better than Marle, but Marle is just a lot more useful at low levels.

Outsider
08-17-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Sjekso
...i just wanted to say that i love you Outsider, i missed the most obvious strategy :/...

No problem... A lot of people miss that at the first time.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-17-2003, 12:40 PM
If ever an ALL OUT ATTACK strat fails.....

Always try a defencive healing Strat.....

The best team for VS Magus is definatly Crono Marle and Frog....

Actually you have to take Crono and Frog.....and you only have like 2 or 3 possible party combinations.....

Emperor Grahf
09-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Just attack him with normal attacks(like weapons ya know) until he prepares himself to cast Dark-matter,prepare to hit him hard and fast then,'cause trust me dark-matter hurts !