PDA

View Full Version : The veldt...

Shimbe
08-15-2003, 07:45 AM
I've got a question for Gau's fanatics...

Is it possible to get all the rages, even if I didn't fight each kind of monster in the world map?

My doubt is: if I don't fight a monster in the WoB, will it be in the Veldt of the WoR?

(Again, forgive my english :tongue: )

Outsider
08-15-2003, 07:47 AM
No, You'll only find a monster in the Veldt if you fought him before.

The Man
08-15-2003, 10:24 PM
You also can't get all 256 rages, because three of them never appear on the veldt (if memory serves, the ones that you can't show up are Siegfried, Pugs, and... blah, I forget). Anyway the rages that can't be obtained are noted on my rage list here (../ff6/gaurages.shtml) - there's 252 that can.

Shimbe
08-16-2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks! :)

Outsider
08-16-2003, 05:43 PM
The "common" enemies he can't learn are Proto Armor, Pug (and Master Pug), and Allo Ver..

And I believe that Siegfried doesn't appear on the Veldt, so he could never be one rage (like most bosses). The only way to get him would be with some game genie code...

The Man
08-17-2003, 02:58 AM
Allo Ver can be learned - I have it on my save file. There's not even a Rage defined in the game for Proto Armor or Master Pug, so it's no wonder Gau doesn't learn them when he Leaps them. Siegfried (Colosseum) and Chupon (Colosseum) never actually even appear on the Veldt, but they have Rages defined; Pugs also has a Rage defined and does appear on the Veldt, but isn't learned even if Gau leaps it because someone made a funny. Pug, on the other hand, can actually be learned, I believe, although I don't think I've learned it myself; I've just heard reports of people learning it.

Also, there's 253 Rages Gau can learn, so disregard my previous post - I was relying on my memory, which is generally a bad idea because my memory is notoriously inaccurate.