PDA

View Full Version : FF VIRGIN

SVENG52
08-15-2003, 04:24 PM
I AM A LONG TIME FINAL FANTASY FAN BUT HAVE ONLY PLAYED THE ORIGINAL FF AND FF7. LOVED BOTH OF THEM AND STILL PLAY THEM REGULARLY. HOWEVER I HAVE NEVER PLAYED ANY OTHER FF TITLES. SO WHAT AM I MISSING OUT ON ? WHAT TITLES DO I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO CHECK OUT :rolleyes2 I LOVE THE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY OF FF AND FF7 SO WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE ? PLEASE INCLUDE GAME AND CONSOLE BECAUSE SOME GAMES ARE BETTER WORSE ON DIFFERENT CONSOLES. THANKS ;)

Mighty Pirate Faris
08-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Unless you're typing on an APPLE II, I recommend you tap the caps lock button. It's internet manners to not type in all caps (or in all lowercase) because that usually is read that the writer is "yelling".

If you played FF7 on the playstation, then you can catch the anthologies which rereleased FF2 (US) and Chrono Trigger in one package and FF3 (US) and FF4 (US) in another. You can't get FF 4 in the US outside of the anthology. In fact you can't much. The ones released in the US were FF1, FF2(US) for the SNES, FF3 (US) for the SNES, FF7 (PSX and PC), FF8 (PSX and PC), FF9 (PSX) and FF10 (PSX) as well as FF Tactics (PSX) and FInal Fantasy Adventures for the Game Boy.

I'll talk about the ones I played that you haven't:

FF2 (US) has a fantastic story line but is very linear. The graphic are definitely superior to the NES, but you don't get to choose what your character class will be. In fact, it's like FF7 if you think about it.

The FF Anthology featuring FF4 (US) allows you to pick whatever class you want (when you find it). The graphics are slightly better than in FF2 (US) and has a loooooong play time.

FF3(US) is like FF2 also, in that you can't choose your class, but you get alot of people to choose from for your party! The story line is weird, though.

FF10 is VERY confusing. I stopped playing when they showed me something about Balls to learn skills. Plus, it didn't feel anything like a final fantasy game.

Also, if you played FF1 and FF7, I don't think you count as an FF Virgin.

m4tt
08-15-2003, 04:40 PM
This would probably be better off in General FF.

eternalshiva
08-15-2003, 05:19 PM
I have played all the FF Games and each have their sperate qualities ;p

FFX was a little complicated but that is a leveling up system and once you read the INSTRUCTIONS, it works out great and you get addicted to upgrade your character to it's ultimate level. The characters can lear all the attacks, all the magics and even blue magic! They have a game called Blitz ball in their instead of the card games in later FF and once you get a hang of it, you get addicted AGAIN! heh

Final Fantasy VIII is difficult at the beginning but the side quests, story lines and the card game kept me in there for over 200 hours of game play.

Final Fantasy IX is more old fashioned and super easy to beat, the music sounds cool but I wasn;t very impressed with it.

Final Fantasy X, even after I beat it I went back to do the MANY side quests which are difficult to do ... especially to get the ultimate weapons for each characters, The battle system was different and I :love: it !

FF X-2, the sequel to FFX is coming out in a few months.

FFXI and FFXII are also coming out soon... with GameCube's Final Fantasy Crytal Chronicals in 2004. If you want more info, go to the FF threads ;p or at www.rpgamer.com and search the games!

SVENG52
08-15-2003, 05:26 PM
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I CANNOT TAKE MY CAPS LOCK OFF AT MY JOB WHERE I DO MOST MY INTERNET STUFF-LONG STORY. BUT THANKS FOR THE REPLY I AM DEFINITELY EXCITED ABOUT OTHER FF TITLES. :D

Flying Mullet
08-15-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SVENG52
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I CANNOT TAKE MY CAPS LOCK OFF AT MY JOB WHERE I DO MOST MY INTERNET STUFF-LONG STORY. BUT THANKS FOR THE REPLY I AM DEFINITELY EXCITED ABOUT OTHER FF TITLES. :D
Well if you have to leave caps lock on, I like the fact that you're using the fighter from FFI as your avatar. It makes me think of the fighter in 8 bit theater. ;)

musashius
08-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
LMAO It so does! that is super funny! hehehe

Was that really grounds for a post?

Play Final Fantasy Tactics.

Advent Child
08-15-2003, 07:11 PM
he's right.

EDIT: ff8 kicks ass. so does ff6 (ff3 US)

King Zell
08-16-2003, 11:07 AM
I AM A LONG TIME FINAL FANTASY FAN BUT HAVE ONLY PLAYED THE ORIGINAL FF AND FF7. LOVED BOTH OF THEM AND STILL PLAY THEM REGULARLY. HOWEVER I HAVE NEVER PLAYED ANY OTHER FF TITLES. SO WHAT AM I MISSING OUT ON ? WHAT TITLES DO I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO CHECK OUT :rolleyes2 I LOVE THE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY OF FF AND FF7 SO WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE ? PLEASE INCLUDE GAME AND CONSOLE BECAUSE SOME GAMES ARE BETTER WORSE ON DIFFERENT CONSOLES. THANKS ;)

Why u do not play FFV and FFVI!

Valkyrie Profile is the best game I have ever played!:whoa:

also, suikoden 1,2 and3:love:

Master.Pug
08-16-2003, 01:18 PM
;) any but FF8!
Try them all and begin to kick FF8 in your trash-can

black orb
08-17-2003, 03:17 AM
>>> You should play all of them.. I recommend FF9, FF5 and Tactics.

BG-57
08-17-2003, 05:40 AM
My personal favorites:

Final Fantasy Tactics: Awesome gameplay, music, monster breeding, a bit top-heavy with plot though.

FFVIII: Great gameplay, music, place/monster designs, card game, hate the way you get money.

FFVII: Excellent gameplay, magic system, chocobo subquests, a bit preachy at times.

FFVI: Perhaps the best of the old-school FF series.

The other ones are good but not too much to write home about.

Since it was brought up, Valkyrie Profile is excellent in design, gameplay and music. But it's a bit depressing when you realize *Spoiler* each of your main characters have to *die* before you can recruit them.

Kuja 062988
08-17-2003, 08:57 AM
FF I - Hard, but fun
FF II - Hard, not fun
FF IV - Hard at times, very fun
FF V - Crap
FF VI - Boring at first, then its great
FFVII - The best storyline
FFVIII - Cheesey
FFIX - Great.... kinda sucks, at times
FFX - Voices >_<, Its O-K
FFXI - Dunno
FFX-2 - If its like X. It'll suck.
FFT- Great if your and old schooler.

Inuyasha23
08-17-2003, 11:23 PM
This is the dumest post ever!!!!

"I like ff, what should i play?"

Heres a clue...FINAL FREAKING FANTASY!!!!!!!!!!

how hard was that.

1-3 are on nes
4-6 are on snes
7-9+ tactics are on ps
10+ are on ps2

i suggest you play them all.

one more thing....... why would some one be dumb enough to glue a caps lock button down????

its not like its a big thing. and on top of that you said it happened at work???? who works and is immature enough to do that?????

(personally i think your lying and i really dont care. y would anyone?????)

Edit by Big D: Use the edit/delete button. Don't double post, especially when you've got nothing useful to contribute by doing so.

muchacho
08-18-2003, 12:25 AM
anyway i say play either 2-6 or 8-10.

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Master.Pug
;) any but FF8!
Try them all and begin to kick FF8 in your trash-can
dont let these guys spoil ya.Play ff8,it has been my favourite game for 2 years now once only outmatched by ff7 before i even played ff8 and for a day it was outmatched by Chrono Trigger too.

So here is the list you should be playing

FF8
CT
FF6
FF9
FF5
FF4
and i dont know about FFX or tacticsI know chrono trigger isnt part of the ff series but maby add it for some reason,even eoff.

IF you can get yer hands on the best nes game,ff3j somewhere or download it somewhere you should play it.As for ff2j(in the origins),dont bother that much it sucks anyway.

If you feel urself as a ff-freak aleady try the similar to ff name game final fantasy legend series and final fantasy adventure.These are a bunch of squaresoft gameboy rpgs.

Sephex
08-18-2003, 09:35 AM

You post scared me. For some reason when I see somethign load up in all caps I jump a bit. I am weird.

Anyway, FFIV is a cool one to play...The PSX version plays okay. The only flaws are that the music starts a bit late and there is some slow down when you cast certain spells on multiple targets. That and it takes VERY LONG to save. The translation is more adult than than the original that came out here (under the name "Final Fantasy II").

If you want to see the orginal US version by "Final Fantasy II" for the Super Nintendo. Or download the rom. That version is easier by the way but has a odd translation.

If you want to see a fan translation and normal load times while keeping the difficulty level the same just download a "FFIVj" translated rom.

Have fun.

SVENG52
08-19-2003, 03:32 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS. WAS THIS A BAD POST FOR SOME REASON ? I THOUGHT THATS WHY WE ARE HEAR TO TALK FF ? IF I DONT KNOW ABOUT A CERTAIN GAME OR SERIES WHY NOT ASK EVERYONE HERE WHO I WOULD CONSIDER EXPERTS ? AGAIN SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK. I DONT ACTUALLY HAVE SUPER GLUE ON MY CAPS LOCK BUT I CANT TAKE THEM OFF BECAUSE I DO MOST OF MY INTERNET AT WORK OUR SYSTEM REQUIRES LOCKED CAPS. AS I TOGGLE BETWEEN WRITING THIS AND GOING BACK TO MY WORK SH$T ITS A HASSLE TO CAP LOCK BACK AND FORTH. IF I TYPE AT WORK WITH CAPS LOCK OFF I GET LOGGED OFF AND MY BOSS HAS TO LOG ME BACK ON :mad: SO I LEAVE CAPS LOCK ON TO STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. THANKS AGAIN. :tongue:

Anubos
08-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Verry first one you need to pick up, is FF VIII , my fav game of all time.
Really u need to try them all, yea asking is cool for othe ppl's oppinions but u need to try them all for ur self everyone has a lil bit of didfferent taste, what game alot of ppl may hate u may love, but since ur askin :p FF VIII was my fav

Ouch!
08-21-2003, 01:34 AM
FFVIII is one of those games that you either love or hate. Coincidentally, I find it to be about mid-road. *shrugs*

I liked FFVII a lot, and I actually started it again for about the 30th time today. FFI is good, though it gets a little repetative. FFII has a good concept, but the battle system annoyed me too much. I haven't been able to get my hands on 3-6. IX was my favorite, 'cause it was old school and new age mixed. X was okay, a bit too short. I don't expect much from FFX-2. But XI will kick ass.