PDA

View Full Version : Fav. Sword Legend

§hĺd0w
08-15-2003, 10:10 PM
pick

Outsider
08-15-2003, 10:22 PM
I voted for Masamune, but my favorite sword ever is the Deathbringer (FF4)

§hĺd0w
08-16-2003, 02:42 AM
ya, i was a bit limited on time when i wrote this. but if anyone needs to know stuff bout the legends just ask. heres a brief summary (very brief)

masamune- greatest sword ever. clean cutter

muramasa- cursed sword.

murasame & masamune - cursed combo. put them both in a river, masamune would repel the leaves, whereas murasame would attract and cut them up.

excalibur- king arthur's sword (refer to "The Sword in the Stone"

thats just a brief explanation. if u need anything else, or need me to elaborate, just drop a line and ill do my best

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-16-2003, 08:12 AM
Excalibur wasn't the Sword in the Stone. That was the Sword of England, Arthur's father's sword.

§hĺd0w
08-16-2003, 02:46 PM
close enough. *continues slacking off*

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-17-2003, 10:02 AM
If I recall correctly, Excalibur was a gift from the Lady of the Lake.

TheAbominatrix
08-17-2003, 10:32 AM
The sword in the stone was excalibur, as was the sword given to Arthur by the Lady of the Lake. I dont know about it being his father's sword, but I'm sure that's true. Given that it's a legendary sword, it has a lot of legends surrounding it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-18-2003, 02:01 AM
Actually, they're two different swords. :aimsmile: :aimsmile: :aimsmile: The Sword in the Stone's importance was that it proved Arthur worthy of the throne of England, since he was the only one who could wield it and it was the sword used by the last king. Excalibur was what he got when the Sword of England wasn't quite doing the trick anymore.

Rase
06-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Masamune

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-29-2004, 12:16 AM
This thread was old. Why did you post in it? Why won't you stop? Don't you listen? Can you not comprehend the time limit set upon dormant threads and that there comes a time when it is no longer acceptable to post in them? Please give this concept some thought in the future. It is not very difficult.