PDA

View Full Version : A quick question on how much damage you can do

Xander
08-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Just wondering if someone can tell me if 9,999 is the maximum amount of damage your characters can do (not including the aeons).

I'm asking because I'm not the sort of player who maxes out stats and things usually so I don't know a lot about the maximums you can have.
(on the other FFs I've completed (VII&IX) I never bothered getting them at their highest HP possible they were all around LV50/60)

Anyway I am working on making Tidus really strong at the moment, and he's doing 9,999 damage usually, so I wondered if if that will increase as I continue to increase his strength, or not?

And if not is there any point making his strength stat higher? :confused:

neeber
08-16-2003, 01:53 AM
If you don't have a weapon with the ability Break Damage Limit, you can only do 9.999 points of damage, maximum.

However, if you do have a weapon with said ability you can deal 99.999 points of damage with a high enough Strength and/or Magic stat.

the blitzer
08-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Sandy's Razzia attack can do 99.999 damage if you get Yuna's levels high engough.

Xander
08-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Ah...Thanks for the replies. So I can be more powerful...yay :D

Yrkoon
08-18-2003, 01:33 AM
i think you need around 60 dark matters to get break damage limit on a weapon your better of getting the celestial weaps they come with break damage limit already equiped :) an use any dark matters you get for putting ribbon ability on armours :)

check out this site for some aswome guides on every thing ff10 related :) http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/27609.html

soulICE
08-22-2003, 03:22 AM
how can i get the dark matter? i heard that you get some from the guy at the monster arena, but what do i need to do? ive basically given up tryin to get tidus's weapon, nevermind the sigil from the chocobo trainer. chocobos just dont seem to like me. :(

i know you can get a couple from a land worm if you bribe them 1 mil+ gil, but i dun think i have it in me to do that until i get 60 of them :(

any help appreciated :)

neeber
08-22-2003, 06:14 AM
From what i've heard, capturing five (5) of each monster in the game and the Monster Anrena guy will give you 99 dark matters.

Fighting the Dark Aeons also nets you 1 (or 2 for an overkill) Dark Matter(s). But if you have the American version of the game, this is out of the question.

Can't really say if there's any other way to get them. There are prolly lots of way, but none that i can think of at this time.

Tidus14
08-22-2003, 07:37 AM
You can win Dark Matters in the European Version by overkilling Special Monsters in the Battle Arena. only get 1 or 2 tho but worth it if you are trying to get Ribbon on all your characters.

As for catching 5 of all monsters for 99 dark matters, my advice is only get these if you have no dark matters in your inventory, either use them or wait to collect them after getting these, as it can be annoying to save up a few dark matters then losing them all when you get 99 and having to start over when you add 1 ribbon.

§håd0w
08-24-2003, 03:04 AM
mindy's pessado can do around 2 million if all 20 some hits are for 99,999