PDA

View Full Version : Kujin and Fujin

18Darkdragon
08-16-2003, 04:54 AM
is Kujin and Fujin a couple or a brother or sister somehow because i dont know

Big D
08-16-2003, 07:39 AM
You mean, Raijin and Fujin?
The jury's still out on that one. Some sources say they're siblings, others say they're just colleagues and friends. Their names and abilities seem kind of matched, though, which suggests a certain kinship.

A couple of months ago there was a poll on this, but its results were fairly inconclusive...

soulICE
08-16-2003, 03:43 PM
they are Seifer's "posse" so there probably is a close kinship with the three of them.. i doubt that Fujin and Raijin are a couple.. and if they were, we know who would wear the pants :P. i always wondered about Fujin.. with her gray hair and eye patch just make her seem alot older than any of the other characters. i mean, even cid didnt have that much gray hair..

or maybe its just silver or some strange shade of whitish blonde. i dunno =X

the blitzer
08-16-2003, 03:53 PM
The 3 of them are just mates.

StarChild
08-16-2003, 06:48 PM
i always wondered about Fujin.. with her gray hair and eye patch just make her seem alot older than any of the other characters. i mean, even cid didnt have that much gray hair..

I always thought that Fuijin was a albino...because her eye is red when you see it...fair skin, silver hair, and red eyes are usually the signs of someone who is albino.

zacks_clone
08-16-2003, 07:39 PM
I always thought that Fuijin was a albino...because her eye is red when you see it...fair skin, silver hair, and red eyes are usually the signs of someone who is albino

I thought the same.I think the three of them are just close friends.none related

Aya Nekoneko
08-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Hm, I never once thought they were related. Their looks are worlds apart, for one thing.

Yea, I think it's a coincidence that the 2nd Kanji in their names are the same. As it's been stated before, I think they're just a part of the same posse. =D

Big D
08-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Well, Raijin and Fujin are ancient Japanese Gods of thunder and wind, respectively. That's one of the reasons for the 'kinship' argument.

According to some sources, Fujin is only 17, which reinforces the belief that either (a) she's an albino or (b) simply likes having her hair dyed silver.

Personally, though, I think her hair is that colour because it proves that Ultimecia is actually Fujin from the future.

...Just kidding.

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Well, Raijin and Fujin are ancient Japanese Gods of thunder and wind, respectively. That's one of the reasons for the 'kinship' argument.

According to some sources, Fujin is only 17, which reinforces the belief that either (a) she's an albino or (b) simply likes having her hair dyed silver.

Personally, though, I think her hair is that colour because it proves that Ultimecia is actually Fujin from the future.

...Just kidding.

i love F=U teories

Just think about it,raijin would die in battle fuijin would somehow get ubah supah powers and kick all ass.

Nerf R=U

F=U ROCKS!!!!!!!

ShivaBlizzard8
08-18-2003, 10:03 PM
F=U? LOL. ;)

Anyways, here's my 2 cents:
(suts and pastes from old thread)
I definately don't see them as siblings. Although they seem to have a brother-sister like bond, I believe this is in line with the actions of the rest of the FF8 gang - as orphans, they have a fierce loyalty to each other, since they're the only family they have ever known. Since many of the Garden students' parents were killed in the Sorceress War, it is very possible that Fujin and Raijin were similarly abandoned, and possibly found each other. However, now I'm getting into too much speculation, so I'll back up.

I think that they are severely close friends, who could possibly become lovers, but aren't during the game. Why? The way I see the pair's relationship during FF8 is one of slightly more than friendship. Raijin not only respects Fujin insomuch as he defers to her wishes, but he also seems to be very protective of her; at the end of disc two he practically begs Squall to do something about Seifer when Fujin expresses that the situation is severely tirering her. Granted, this doesn't necessarily mean that Raijin loves her, but he practically follows her around like a puppy. Yet, I feel that during the game, his feelings are rather unrequited - which is why I don't believe they are lovers. There is someone in the way: Seifer.

Whether Fujin loves Seifer or not is really a moot point - either way she's fiercely loyal to him, and for most of the game is willing to sacrifice both Raijin and herself in order to follow him. This loyalty seems to come between Raijin and Fujin - in Squall's final battle with the pair, Raijin basically tells Fujin "I told you so" when they begin to lose. In response Fujin gets angry, but not soon after the pair finally give up on Seifer, refusing to follow him any longer. They become a united front, and I feel like Fujin has finally given in to Raijin somewhat. This decision on her part to put herself and Raijin ahead of Seifer and the "posse" allows for the pair to form a deeper connection. Whether they choose to pursue that after the events of FF8 is really up to the writers of fan fiction or FF8-2, if that ever occurs . ;)

Finally, as for the whole Seifer/Fujin thing, I don't ever really see him returning her feelings, even if she ever had them. Besides, I'm a sucker for the whole Quistis/Seifer thing myself, but that's another story. . . :p

StarChild
08-19-2003, 03:53 AM
Finally, as for the whole Seifer/Fujin thing, I don't ever really see him returning her feelings, even if she ever had them. Besides, I'm a sucker for the whole Quistis/Seifer thing myself, but that's another story. . .

as am i :D

Zild
08-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Lovers? Christ, no!

That idea has never occured to me, and even thinking about it now I just can't see it...

As for being related? Likewise, they just seem to be too different.

My suggestion (and it is only speculation) is that the two new each other from a very early age, but rather than growing the same they complimented each other...

I think that they've probably been playing, training and fighting together since long before joining Seifer.

I like the idea that perhaps they met each other when they were young (perhaps before being adopted) and so they might have been given the names that compliment each other by whoever adopted them...

Still, in all honesty I think there's far too little information to draw any conclusions at all...

Saraneth
08-21-2003, 03:04 AM
Siblings?
I should think not! If they are/were, I'm sure Square would make it more obvious. Our loud albino freind Fuujin and our tough-talking black compatriot, Raijin, have almost nothing in common. Lovers? Pfft!! Again, they are nothing alike. Loud sentance fragments + tough talk= ...? They're just friends as far as I can tell.

Aya Nekoneko
08-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Albino, ne? White hair, red eyes. Yep, she could very well be an albino.

But I still find myself not believing in the siblings bit. It's just... hard to believe they're related (or even lovers... es pecially lovers) after thinking of them two as being friends since '99. =D

18Darkdragon
09-09-2003, 11:15 PM
sorry it took me so long to answer but i had to go back to. well i guess no one really nows thx anyway.

Peegee
09-10-2003, 04:29 PM
As far as I remember there isn't any evidence to support them being relations. Hence it's just easier to think of them as comrades.