PDA

View Full Version : easiest final boss?

final boss
08-16-2003, 05:19 PM
[SPOILERS AHEAD!]
Who in your opinion, was the most easiest final boss? I found Chaos and Kefka WAAAAAAAAAAY too easy. I beat both of them on my first try.

Outsider
08-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Kefka... If he was difficult he would be the perfect villain.

Xander
08-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Ok I can't compare all the games since I've only beaten VII and IX, but I vote for Safer Sephiroth (or however you spell it...) since FFVII was my first Final Fantasy, I never even worked out how to set their limit levels above level 1 the entire game through, and I beat it in about 45 hours which I think is pretty quick for me, since FFIX took me 91, and at 67 in FFX so far not completed.

Plus I beat Safer Sephiroth with my characters around level 50, level 1 limits, I was inexperienced with FF, I didn't have knights of the round, or mime or anything that I hear people always talking about. And I beat him first time. So he must have been pretty easy....or else I was just lucky :rolleyes2

the blitzer
08-16-2003, 10:42 PM
YuYevon. He was a wimp. The only good move he had was Curaga which only healed him by 5000HP and I could do 9999HP damage to him a turn. Even with your Aeons gone he's easy. Choas is a close 2nd. I beat both of them first try. Ultimca was hard the first time but after that she was easy. Neo-X-death was easy as well. Beat him on my second try. All other Final bosses were hard. Although I havn't got to Sephiroth yet or havn't even played FF3. I don't know how you guys found Kefka easy. He was one of the hardest bosses I ever fought.

Aya Nekoneko
08-16-2003, 11:00 PM
I would say it's a tie between Seraph Sephiroth and Necron.

But in the end I chose Necron. Why? Because the first time I beat the game I was able to kill him while eating ice cream off a cone. So yea, I singlehandedly defeated him, so to say.

§håd0w
08-17-2003, 01:25 AM
it depends. if all 4 forms of ultimecia(and greiver) count as one, then it would be that. otherwise, its a tie between the kefka battles, safer sephiroth, and ultimecia battles

Flare_Star
08-18-2003, 05:29 PM
necron i beat him first time with a team at level 50

Sefie1999AD
08-18-2003, 08:45 PM
*SPOILERS*

Kefka's the easiest. His tiers are actually harder than he, but they're also easy. Besides, you have 12 guys against him. I usually kill him with one hit, but it's not a long battle even if you don't have all the greatest equipment.

I'd say Yu Yevon was even easier (Zombie Attack + Phoenix Down instantly kills him), but the battle against him is more like a story battle than a boss battle. You can't lose that battle (unless you're stupid enough to petrify all your own guys) so IMHO, considering him the last boss of FFX is almost the same as considering the scene when Cloud omnislashes Sephiroth to death to be FF7's final battle. IMHO, Braska's Final Aeon is FFX's last boss and Safer Sephiroth is FF7's.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. FF2 and FF:MQ's last bosses are the easiest final enemies if you use a cheap little trick against them.

abrojtm
08-19-2003, 01:39 AM
If you make any attempt to do much of anything in FFX, Braska's Final Aeon is a cinch (I would definitely consider him the final boss, not Yu Yevon). I shoulda gone to Sin right when I got the airship, then tried to accomplish some sidequests after I had beaten it.

§håd0w
08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
i beat jecht and seymour etc... as soon as i got the airship. the last seymour was too easy

m4tt
08-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Kefka was easy. So was Braska's Final Aeon. But I've only beat him with a team of people who did 99,999 a hit, so maybe he'll be harder if I don't max out. But Kefka has always been easy.

§håd0w
08-19-2003, 04:53 PM
its a lot harder that a way

Anubos
08-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Yu Yevon to me was the easiest, it was such a breeze, I didn't even have to try on him lol, I was pundin him, he'd heal, but i was hitting him for more than he was healing soo ehh too easy.

inlineskating29
08-23-2003, 04:28 PM
the easyiest boss was ten i used yuna to beat the game all i did was cast holy and killed them in like a few hits
it was to easy

i say the hardest was the 3 kuja ppl

i know they werent finall but u had to play 3 in a row without stopping and i was at a bad point every body was and trance so i had to use it on the first one

§håd0w
08-23-2003, 07:59 PM
kuja isnt really that hard if ur in trance and can do grand lethal for 9999. or flare for max, use those while in trance and u can beat him in 4 turns. necron was harder. as for silver dragon, garland, and kuja. they only had like 25,000 hp each. i beat them without anyone getting ko'd. just need to level up

Xander
08-24-2003, 03:21 PM
I've changed my mind! Just finished X and..the bosses are the easiest. Killed Braska's final aeon using Auron's overdrive followed by Tidus' overdrive, that was it.
Killed all the possessed aeons in one hit from Auron/Tidus, and that last Yu Yevon thing I killed with Aurons overdrive. So none of them really had a chance to do anything :rolleyes2

I'm not saying I was that strong, I didn't max out or anything I just worked on Tidus and Auron a lot, and well what with the auto-life thing on the last battles it wasn't really gonna be hard anyway was it? I loved fighting to that blitzball song I love that song :love:

With regards to FFIX, all I kept using on Necron was Steiner's "Shock" the only thing I had that did 9999, it was a fairly long battle all of them were at the end of FFIX but I didn't find it that hard, people were k'oed from time to time but autolife and autoregen came in helpful.

§håd0w
08-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Stockbreak is also really good for fighting bosses or trying to teach Quina blue magic

Flare_Star
08-25-2003, 09:43 PM
i beat necron simple cos i had climhazzard which did 9999 all the time then i summon ark and reflect flare off zidane with vivi equipped with reflectx2 and then....wait, hes dead and i didnt even get to zidane.

tooooooooo easy

ps i know this is a little off topic but whats the thing with thievery? it just takes off about 900.

§håd0w
08-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
ps i know this is a little off topic but whats the thing with thievery? it just takes off about 900.

It's based on how high your Theif Ranking is. Once you get Rank S Award, it goes for quite a bit. I believe Quina also has one with the amount of frogs s/he has caught

i90east
09-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Kefka was a joke. I can think of random monsters that are tougher than him :rolleyes: Well, that's why I edit the FF6 rom so that he's actually a challenge. The first time I played through the game back in 1994, I was so dissapointed. Thank the Lord for ROMs, now the game can be fun again. It's too bad that Kefka was almost to the HP cap that the game allows. Well, up go his armor stats :)

I haven't played all the FFs, but no boss can be weaker than Kefka :greenie:

Kenshin IV
09-03-2003, 07:55 AM
After the first four, none of them were even remotely challenging. Even Zeromus, one of the hardest Final Fantasy last bosses, wasn't too difficult. Still, I'd have to say Sephiroth was the easiest.

Cz
09-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Yu Yevon. It's not really the final boss, but Braska's Final Aeon was pretty easy, too.

i90east
09-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Really Kenshin? I found Sephiroth to be a challenge. Maybe that's just because I didn't train my guys much.

§håd0w
09-04-2003, 12:33 AM
Yeah, same. I beat Sephiroth first time around on level 41. I got massacred, but still won.

Flare_Star
09-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
It's based on how high your Theif Ranking is. Once you get Rank S Award, it goes for quite a bit. I believe Quina also has one with the amount of frogs s/he has caught

thanks, now my rank is C and the move is is on its way to recovery.

ps quinas move is frog drop

edczxcvbnm
09-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Sephiroth. I was at level 42 and didn't have accessories on to protect me from all the devistating status-defects he does to you. Barret was the only one with protection and all he had was against Frog and Mini. So he still go confused and poisioned. The battle raged on until Sephiroth ran out of MP. Then I just wasted him. He doesn't have a whole lot of moves that can actually kill you. Just put you near death.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Definetly Necron, even if he does have Grand cross, you can't really count Yu Yevon since you can't be defeated by him, but B'sFA is definetly tougher than Necron

i90east
09-08-2003, 09:49 PM
He doesn't have a whole lot of moves that can actually kill you. Just put you near death.

That's exactly how Kefka is too. Fallen One brings all of your guys down to one HP, but then he gives you plenty of time to cast Cure 3 on your party. Then he casts Goner, a cool looking spell that's weaker than Ultima. Staying healthy while fighting Kefka has never been a problem.

Someone should tell Square that bosses are supposed to be hard, and that final bosses are supposed to be really hard. Where's the thrill of beating a game if the game is damn easy? When you beat a boss you should be thinking "OMG he's dead!", not "He's dead already? wtf?".

Xander
09-08-2003, 11:41 PM
In reply to i90east, I think that the reason that Square don't make the bosses too hard is so that the most "non-hardcore" players can complete the game.
FF is largely about the story, and I wouldn't call myself a brilliant player, if I was to get stuck on an end boss and couldn't complete the game or see the ending because of it, I'd be pretty annoyed :(

Not that I'm saying they should be easy, a challenge is always good but, I guess Square are trying to make the game easily playable for those who just want to play through the story with not too much trouble.

For those who like more of a challenge there are always the weapons in FFVII (and FFVIII I believe), the extra bosses in FFIX, and if your lucky and have the PAL version, the dark aeons in FFX. So some fairly easy bosses doesn't really bother me...maybe if I ever become an FF master it will :p

But those Dark Aeons are enough of a challenge for a lifetime for me :rolleyes2

Flare_Star
09-09-2003, 04:50 PM
i didnt know necron was also called eternal darkness. but eternal darkeness is the move of the secret summon ark. you can learn it by getting a pumice.

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 11:45 PM
I know how to get Pumice, but where do I get a hammer to creat another Pumice Piece? I've already beat Hades (total pushover) and have 3 Robe of Lords, 1 Running Shoes, Protect Ring, and something else I stole from him. But I can't find Hammer

Xander
09-10-2003, 01:00 AM
I *think* hammer is the thing you get from collecting all 13 stellazio (or whatever their called) coins and giving them to that Queen. If that is the same hammer? (apparently it gives you an extra ending as well).