PDA

View Full Version : No more drawing.

Daedalex
08-17-2003, 05:45 AM
I'm still on in the Balamb area of the game. It's like my 5th time through the game and I know everone is talking about how have to draw magics is a pain. So here you go:

Fasticolon - Fs on the shore give you 3 AP a piece. Just learn Card Mod for Quezecotl (sp?) and play cards games. convert the cards to items, and then use F, I, and T mag refines to make magics. I have squall filled on level 3 spells and I just started the game. No more drawing magics for me! Plus, quistis can learn lots of blue magic early on in the game.

Just thought I'd share my strategy for those who haven't figured this out. This is bad if you hate playing cards though.

Doomgaze
08-17-2003, 06:04 AM
Use the Card ability (the one that morphs enemies into cards) on bombs in the Fire Cavern. Lots of them. They're a really good card.... you should be able to start getting rare cards to bolster your deck with them.

PhoenixAsh
08-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Buy thirty tents (I think 30), and mod them into Curagas and your whole party gets huge HP very early. I really dunno why needing to draw is such a common complaint.

Mo-Nercy
08-17-2003, 07:39 AM
Since I'm Back threads aren't allowed, I'm making an I'm Back reply in your thread...

I don't think those are allowed either so I'd better say something relavent:

With effective use of Card Mod and Drawing and Mid Mag-RF and High Mag-RF, you can get Punishment or Twin Lance for Squall in disc 1.

I don't know why drawing is such an annoyance, really, it's like 5 minutes to get 100 for each character.

Anyway, your strategy is pretty much common knowledge to me. But that's me.

Daedalex
08-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Well Welcome back lol. Drawing does take longer at the beginning of the game when zell & selphie have low magic stats and can't draw much at one time.

Anubos
08-17-2003, 01:56 PM
I dunno it may just be me, but honestly I hardly ever used magic at in the game unless it was, some kind of healing in ne ways, haste, shell, protectect, aura scan, and that one spell it may be and item i dont know been hell and ever since i played the game, but the one that turns all characters invisble in away, like no magic or nuttin could hurt them.

Daedalex
08-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Yeah that is one advantage. Because after you draw all that magic, you usually never have to use it. Just use Status Junctions and Elemental junctions. And use the items that correspond to a certain spell, that way you don't have to worry about the character's magic level to provide damage.

ShadyMilkman
08-29-2003, 06:58 PM
I never ever even thought about casting magic. It is way too weak. I only used it for Junctioning. Why use magic when your GF's are stronger and can take damage for you. Whenever is boss is about to attack, I have everybody use their GFs and nobody gets hurt.

Lena
08-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Drawing is not so complicated or annoying, just take 10 minutes of your time and you can get all the magic you want. Magic is useful only to junction it and boost your status, but nothing else (well except Meltdown, Aura) but if you junction your magic correctly, you don´t even need to cast Haste or use the Auto-Haste ability. And for healing, use the ability Recover and Revive (which are very useful with undead, I must add).

If you use the Card ability on several Bombs you acquire the Crysta card, but I highly recommend the Jumbo Cactuar card, which you acquire by using the Card command on several Glacial Eye. Try it it´s worth the effort.

blue_midget192
08-30-2003, 01:33 PM
does any one know how long it takes for the draw points to restock??

~*Crystal*~
08-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Al Bhed³
Since I'm Back threads aren't allowed, I'm making an I'm Back reply in your thread...

I don't think those are allowed either so I'd better say something relavent:

With effective use of Card Mod and Drawing and Mid Mag-RF and High Mag-RF, you can get Punishment or Twin Lance for Squall in disc 1.

I don't know why drawing is such an annoyance, really, it's like 5 minutes to get 100 for each character.

Anyway, your strategy is pretty much common knowledge to me. But that's me.

If I remember correctly the High Mag-RF ability is from Alexander, right? And you can't get him till the end of Disk 2. Then again, I could remember wrong... Besides, what does that have to do with the items for weapon upgrade?

Skogs
09-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by blue_midget192
does any one know how long it takes for the draw points to restock??

I think that it depends on the rarity of the spell that's being drawn.

MagicKnight Locke
09-17-2003, 04:49 PM
did ya know you can draw life from a monster real early in the game?When in the first laguna scenario u CAN go to the sewers and draw that life.You will have a great hp in the beginning.Or just play the card game crazily like an idiot.Pretty much every lvl1 and lvl2 card is worth modding...Oh yeah btw theres an easier way to get waters.Just kill those damn fish for AP points and ull be stinking rich of them in no time.

Halenite
09-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Before you play any card games at all, make sure you have gotten the Ifrit card from beating Ifrit. Then go for Mini Mog from the running kid. After you get those two you should be able to get the Quistis card from the Trepie in the cafeteria. (guy in the back when asked that)

Edit: Oh yeah. I forgot about Diablos. Thanks!

MagicKnight Locke
09-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Halenite
Before you play any card games at all, make sure you have gotten the Ifrit card from beating Ifrit. Then go for Mini Mog from the running kid. After you get those two you should be able to get the Quistis card from the Trepie in the cafeteria. (guy in the back when asked that)
and then beat diablos and get his card.I always beat diablos right after i get it :greenie:.Then go to balamb beat zells mother for a zell's card
and i dont remember if you could challenge headmaster cid too but he carries seifer card.