PDA

View Full Version : moonstone

fffreak
08-17-2003, 09:04 PM
I have been trying to get the moonstone via the fight scene in the play. i know i can get it later but does it help to have it now. cause i can't get it. I know it does something to a summon of eiko's but is thier another use? would i want more than one? how come i can't get 100 nobles impressed? i did everything correctly as fast as i can and i got 97.

Kurohime
08-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Eh, that 100 nobles thing just takes a LOT of practice. I can't get 100 nobles every time no matter how fast or perfect I think I do it. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. o_O

Anyhow, as far as the moonstone locations go:

1. When you get to the Conde Petie Mountain Pass scene (after meeting Eiko), you'll need to find four colored stoned located in four statues in that dungeon. Once you get all four, you find a fifth statue, put all four colored stones in, and they will be turned into a moonstone (if you need help on this, please ask).

2. You can also get one from one of the friendly monsters, the purple Jabberwok. You find him in the forest directly east of Oeilvert.

3. If you go back to Alexandria on disc 4 and find Stiltzkin there, his usual collection of items to sell include a moonstone.

If you equip the moonstone to Eiko, it gives Carbuncle a magic called "Pearl Light," which casts shell on the entire party.

Hope this helps a little... ^_^

Big D
08-18-2003, 08:53 AM
Your knowledge of FFIX - and your willingness to help others with it - continues to impress me, Kurohime.

Impressing 100 nobles provides a lot of money - 10000 gil if I remember correctly - but no moonstone.
Unless, of course, you get a moonstone for impressing 100 nobles the first time you try, which I've never done...

Sephex
08-18-2003, 09:14 AM
I can get it to around 96 people all the time. Never really tried for 100. *makes note for next time I play*

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 09:34 AM
i once got 97 impressed after getting 37 impressed the last times and 10-85 the other times.

Guess what,i didnt bother to go to 100 impressed

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Kurohime: I found the red, green, and yellow stone. Where is the other and what color is it?

Kurohime
08-28-2003, 06:29 AM
The last stone is blue. If I remember, you need to go back to where you first met Eiko, go up to the left, on the ledge where Quina was standing when you first talked to Eiko. You should see a treasure chest on the top left, and the vine to reach it. That treasure chest has a remedy in it. Then run up the path to the right. The statue with the blue stone should be right there. :)

Flare_Star
08-28-2003, 01:15 PM
i got 100 and yes you do get 10000 gil and it was about on my fifth try, Big D. I went up to Queen Brahne and she says "The play was wonderful today, here i feel like giving you this." and hands over the moonstone.

i never knew you could summon things with a moonstone then, so i thought, "thats all!? look lady, i just impressed 100 nobles, and you give me a MOONSTONE!? I preffered the elixir you gave me last time!"

same thing at the mountain path, i took ages getting all the stones and i end up with another moonstone. I expected a megalixir or something.

thats my longest post so far i think......

§håd0w
08-29-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Kurohime
The last stone is blue. If I remember, you need to go back to where you first met Eiko, go up to the left, on the ledge where Quina was standing when you first talked to Eiko. You should see a treasure chest on the top left, and the vine to reach it. That treasure chest has a remedy in it. Then run up the path to the right. The statue with the blue stone should be right there. :)

Thanks. Ya know... you really should be added as a board member or something. You got talent my friend