PDA

View Full Version : How Cool Would it be to...

Anubos
08-18-2003, 01:42 AM
Someone might have already done this I dunno.
But How Cool would it be to actually live in Balamb Garden, I know to some that may seem really weird. But to me that would be just coolest place to live, it beats living here. I dunno I think thats why I liked FFVIII so much I just thought it would be a sweet place to live. Hehe I had all these reasons why I thought so, ut when I finally make the post my mind goes blank like always...But to me If I had the chance to live in a dream house and live a dream life it would be in Balamb Garden.

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 09:09 AM
lets team up and build one...

I LUUUUUUV BALAMB GAARDENN

I EVEN LUUUUV OTHER GARDENNNS

Celes
08-18-2003, 08:08 PM
I like the peaceful music that plays whenever you are in Balamb Garden. I wish they would have SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>

shown Trabia Garden rebuilt, that seemed like a cool garden too.

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 08:12 PM
shown Trabia Garden rebuilt, that seemed like a cool garden too.

nah i think it would have looked like miniature-balamb garden

Anubos
08-18-2003, 09:29 PM
locke lionheart

If I only had the money lol, I'd build one in a heart beat LoL, but honeslty Id rather live in the Final Fantasy VIII World than this one too :P but ehh oh well building one would be cool too

ShivaBlizzard8
08-18-2003, 09:57 PM
It would make a sweet hotel - you know, like those theme hotels at Disney World or Las Vegas. Some FF8 fan with a lot of money could build one and make a lot more $ selling rooms to FF8 fanatics like ourselves. However, I think the style of the building has a universal asthetic, and would be appealing to people who hadn't even heard of the game. In that case, its not really that impractical that one could be built. I guess. . . /ramble. :p I would definately stay there if such a thing existed. It looks so tranquil, especially considering its a military academy.

Big D
08-19-2003, 09:47 AM
I agree with ShivaBlizzard8. The Centra shelters have a pleasant style all of their own... but Balamb Garden takes the proverbial cake. Those cool blue and white tones, and that delightful indoor waterway make it particularly charming.

The only 'contruction difficulty' would be finding a reliable way to support that golden 'disc' above the roof.

Saraneth
08-22-2003, 02:26 AM
I'd want to become a SeeD just so I could live in that Garden. However, I would not want to live in there with that damn Garden faculty wandering around with those stupid orders. But was Norg is defeated... I would definatley go.

zacks_clone
08-22-2003, 08:47 PM
I would love to be a SeeD,live in garden,in the FFVIII world.It seems so wounderful.Hahahaha,maybe we can all con somone into building it ;)

Anubos
08-24-2003, 04:49 AM
I like zacks idea, hehe. :D

But if not building us a whole entire garden, but aleast build us this system and be able to play the game in like virtual reality, or just live in balamb in virtual realtity, hehe i cant help it I think about these things ok? :p
But I like all 3 ideas ;)

Mr. Graves
08-24-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm impartial to Esther's futuristic cityscapes, myself.

I don't Balamb think Balamb is some place I'd like to live. It's just like a campus college, with dorms and everything. Expect no one studys academic stuff. But the outside image of the place is very cool.

Maxico
08-24-2003, 03:09 PM
hmm i wouldn't rally like to live in the ff8 world for the simple fact that theres only around 15 towns in the entire world!!! if they was loads more places to live then maby

Anubos
08-25-2003, 12:00 AM
This is kind of off subject,
but what maxi333 said is kind of true about the towns.
They need to make more towns in all of the games, I mean they dont have to have nothing to do with the game, and I know it would take alot of time to add, and be pointless to alot others, but I think It would make they game world more realistic and make it easier to visualize such a place. Instead of just having places that you are meant to go to in the story. Im not sure but I think Shumi Village is the only town U dont HAVE to goto, but its been along since I played but I dont think so aleast.

Celes
08-25-2003, 07:26 AM
I agree, Anubos. I always thought there should be more towns and cities in ff8, and every ff game. It would be a lot more interesting if there were tons of different places to go, instead of a bunch of towns with the same things in them, and the same kind of people.

Maryn
08-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Did you know that somebody actually had plans to build it? He got it priced with a building contractor and everything.
Unfortunately, due to lack of funding I believe the plans were abandoned. :(

If I was rich, I would have donated money. As it happens I'm not. :mad:

Lena
08-29-2003, 01:13 AM
I would loooooooveeeeeeee to live in Balamb Garden. It´s so beautiful, with all that water running beneath the facility. Even becoming a SeeD (with all the training and classes that would require) sounds great!!!!

What kind of weapon do you think you would use if you were a SeeD?
I´d like to use a gunblade, but I guess they´re too heavy, so I´ll go for... a bow or a lance maybe.

ShadyMilkman
08-29-2003, 06:45 PM
I'd try to con my way into using the Catclaw weapons that Amarant from FFIX had. But if it had to be an FFVIII weapon, I'd use Rinoa's slingshot thing-a-ma-bobber. Anything but a dang gunblade. I'm tired of hearing about how "cool" they are. Please don't hate me for saying that, but I just annoyed with the weapon itslef. Besides, Zell had a higher attack using his gloves...

Psychotic
08-29-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm not too sure about living in Balamb Garden, I prefer the White SeeD and the Galbadia SeeD to Balamb SeeD.