PDA

View Full Version : Another FF Referense Spotted!

MJN SEIFER
08-18-2003, 01:45 PM
When Zidane finds Freya In Liblunane He Keeps Getting he name Wrong (Presumably To show all the girls he knew) One of his guesses is "Rachel" Reconise Her From FF6 Anyone?!

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 06:50 PM
damn remeber how zidanes name is zidane.DAMN FOOTBALL COPIERS

Remeber how freyas name is Freya.DAMN NORSE MYTHOLOGY COPIERS

remember how garnets name is garnet.DAMN GEM COPIERS

remember how george bush's name is bush.DAMN NATURE COPIERS

Oh and "Liblunane"????

Flying Mullet
08-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Rachel's a pretty common name, so it might and it might not be a reference to Locke's Rachel in FFVI.

Celes
08-18-2003, 08:20 PM
I never noticed Zidane saying that....I definetly think it is a ff6 reference, since ffgames are known for doing that. Plus if the name Rachel was spelled the same in both games, that could also mean it is a reference.

MagicKnight Locke
08-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Celes
I never noticed Zidane saying that....I definetly think it is a ff6 reference, since ffgames are known for doing that. Plus if the name Rachel was spelled the same in both games, that could also mean it is a reference. thats stupid,i could say that zidane the ff9 hero is copied from zinedine zidane because their names are the same

Flying Mullet
08-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
thats stupid,i could say that zidane the ff9 hero is copied from zinedine zidane because their names are the same
No need to be rude in your response. If you don't agree with Celes that's fine, but there's no need to call Celes' response stupid.

Celes
08-18-2003, 08:34 PM
Thank you Flying Mullet, I am glad someone is nice around here;)

SuperPac
08-19-2003, 05:15 AM
Another...

The story that you have to piece together for Ramuh is the basic story of FF2...

MJN SEIFER
08-19-2003, 11:11 AM
The story that you have to piece together for Ramuh is the basic story of FF2...

not the HOLE story just Joseph's role in ff2 but I see were you're going with this!

Oh and "Liblunane"????

Yes! I can't spell! Ok!??!?!!?!

Phil
08-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Actually....your all wrong. Zidane called her "RATchel."

m4tt
08-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Vincent06
Actually....your all wrong. Zidane called her "RATchel."

Aww, I was gonna say that. :p

How is Zidane a copy of a football players name? I've never seen a football player named Zidane.

Kurohime
08-20-2003, 12:26 AM
Zindine Zidane is a French football (soccer to us American bums... ;) ) player. Soccer actually is quite popular in Japan, but I don't think that's where they actually DID get Zidane's name. :)

ShadyMilkman
08-20-2003, 02:27 AM
Actually, I dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet. But, Zidane is the name of a small African Tribe!!!! go to Zidane.com I think....something like that actually, im not sure what it is... bt it has a site and it a diff language... you be the judge.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 01:52 AM
at the end, Zidane says something like "No cloud nor squall could break us apart" at the play. Might have been when marcus was acting with ruby. but i dunno

Flare_Star
08-28-2003, 09:02 PM
yes that is at he end and i was gonna mention that......awww:mad:

heres some..

Kujas music is a newer version of desert pyramids from ff5.

in Lindblum weapon shop, there is a big sword on the wall which looks exactly like cloud's buster sword. when you inspect it, zidane says "i remember a guy with spiky hair who carried a weapon like this..."

in lindblum synthesis shop, the men inside it (i cant remember the names but i think one of them is caled "wayne" are people from vagrant story, another rpg from square.

in alexandria (i think when you have the hilda garde 3), if you go to the alley where rubys theatre is, sometimes youll see a man called ashley, who is the main caracter in Vagrant Story.

there are more ijust cant remember them.

Flying Mullet
08-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
in lindblum synthesis shop, the men inside it (i cant remember the names but i think one of them is caled "wayne" are people from vagrant story, another rpg from square.
The two men that run the synthesis shop in Lindblum also are the equipment managers in Parasite Eve(the ones that let you upgrade your equipment and add slots to them).

§håd0w
08-29-2003, 01:34 AM
The music at Cleyra (IX) is also the same as the music at Bikanel Isle (X) but synthesised

Flare_Star
08-29-2003, 11:44 AM
ahh sorry everyone, i did mean parasite eve, i got the names mixed up. thanx Flying Mullet

§håd0w
08-30-2003, 02:40 AM
Your welcome... lol. But I think you want to thank Flying Mullet, considering I didn't say anything... lol But your welcome anyway

Lo_scolaro_di_Picchi
08-30-2003, 08:59 PM
it's true that Zidane is a football player (he have play in Italy when ff9 was created and it was very famous) but in the italian version Zidan's name is Gidan (I don't know if Gidan is the italian name of that tribe)

about Rachel (or Ratchel) in the italian version he use a different name (i don't remember how he called her but i'm sure he did not call her rachel or ratchel and about ff6 there isn't the italian version)

ShadyMilkman
08-30-2003, 11:13 PM
I salute you! Italy and everything else Italian is absolutely pimp!

Ummm... what does that mean and why are you so mad? It was a compliment. and just a joke anyway. No reason to get upset

Use the edit/delete button to amend your posts. Don't double-post.
Also, 'pimp' can mean a man who manages prostitutes. It could be deemed highly offensive, particularly to someone for whom English is not the first language. Please be careful in future. ~ Big D

Lo_scolaro_di_Picchi
09-01-2003, 09:31 PM
sorry, I haven't understand the right meaning (and now i don't understand :confused: ) i've serched on the english-italian dictionari for the meaning of pimp and i've found some words and i confused the meaning :(

now i haven't understand the joke but i understood that it wasn't what i think it was

if i can i'll deleate the message

ShadyMilkman
09-01-2003, 09:40 PM
I see now. haha. Pimp won't be in any dictionary, it isn't a real word. It unofficially means a man who has many girlfriends sorta. But I just use it as like... cool or something. Umm... lemme rephrase this. If I say you are pimp, its a compliment. So, you can go impress your friends with you new knowledge of American pop culture.

Reine
09-02-2003, 03:08 AM
I know millions of references.

Lindblum weapon shop: Cloud

Mount Gulug: Mount Gulg/Gurgu Volcano from FF1 and the music is similar as well

Flare Star is from FF6

Rei's Wind is from Tactics

Unusual/Strange/Beautiful potion say something about Matoya.

Holy bell: Says something from Minu/Mindu/Ming-Wu

The Hero Story is about Josef's death.

There are tons more. I'll post them later maybe.

Flare_Star
09-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Andreil Darkstorn
Flare Star is from FF6

im not in ff6, im in 9 lol

im the silly old man in lindblum!!

ok that was stupid

:beer: Flare_Star has spoken

Eartha
09-21-2003, 06:20 AM
Just to carry on the Zidane thing: The French version had him called "Djidane", to make sure that no one thought he was named after Zinedine. It's just a coincidence.

And Freya's a rat, hence "Rat-chel".

Kindo
09-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Rat-chel? It's RACHEL.

TheSpoonyBard
09-21-2003, 04:41 PM
no, it is quite clearly ratchel. another reference i spotted (albeit a very loose one) is steiner's first name; Adelbert. could this be related to Sorceress Adel from FF8?

everyone seems to have missed the obvious similarities:

the eidolons - shiva, ifrit, ramuh, odin, phoenix, carbuncle, bahamut have all appeared before.

Ark's attack Eternal Breath has the same name as Eden's (FF8) attack

Regent Cid - the name Cid has appeared in numerous FFs before

Concert in the Forest - during this ATE at the Prima Vista crash site the band play the music from Rufus' parade at the Junon dock (FF7)

Weapon names - ragnarok, ultima sword, save the queen, ultima weapon, kain's lance, flame sabre, ice brand, thunder blade, and many others have appeared in previous games

there are many more but i cant remember them right now

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 05:30 PM
everyone seems to have missed the obvious similarities:

It seems you're the one who missed them, they have been posted numerous times.

Ark's attack Eternal Breath has the same name as Eden's (FF8) attack

Eternal Darkness. Not Eternal Breath.

Regent Cid - the name Cid has appeared in numerous FFs before

Cid appeared in all the FF games (except MQ) and has been related to the airship in most.

Weapon names - ragnarok, ultima sword, save the queen, ultima weapon, kain's lance, flame sabre, ice brand, thunder blade, and many others have appeared in previous games

Once again, stated numerous times. Ragnarok is the fall of the gods in Norse Mythology. That's not really a reference.

Not trying to mod whore you about anything, but think twice before you post something saying how everyone missed the obvious (when they are already listed), and don't post the same things others have before.

ShadyMilkman
09-21-2003, 06:34 PM
:beer: Preach it, Masamune!!! :beer:

:save: I have seen the light!!! :save:

Kindo
09-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Yeah, this post was meant to inform us about a reference that appearantly hadn't been noted until now. So bleh.