PDA

View Full Version : LapTop Problems *throws it out the window*

White Raven
08-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Aboot 4 months ago my aunt and uncle gave me a laptop for getting into university. It's not the greatest (Toshiba something), and it was used, but only by a doctor who used it for power point presentations.

Anyways, it has been working fine up until aboot a month ago. The AC power adapter goes into the laptop but it does not charge, unless I twist it an odd way or place a weight on it. One evening I thought it was charging, but instead the battery power ran out!!!:mad2:

Any suggestions to what may be happening? I go to Univesity this fall, and this was my main source for typing up projects and what not.

PS (I wasn't quite sure what forum to put this in so I plopped it down here)

RurouniSaint
08-18-2003, 03:15 PM
maybe the prongy thingies have become loose or something.
I think its about to fly over to radio snack and get a new adapter, Raven...

White Raven
08-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I was just aboot to go over to Radio Shack this morning...hopefully it won't cost very much...

Rainecloud
08-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Just purchase a new charger to see if that does the trick.

If not, demand the money in exchange for your gift.

Flying Mullet
08-18-2003, 05:53 PM
I doubt that a new charger will fix your problem. Most often it is a connection on your motherboard or a peice of quipement that is attatched to your motherboard that is failing. That is why bending it funny somtimes works, as the connection is re-established. Either way, you're most likely looking at replacing the power plug in on the computer(which is usually attatched to the motherboard on a laptop, so you're looking at a new motherboard) or replacing the computer all together.

-N-
08-19-2003, 02:17 AM
As Flying Mullet said - it's probably a loose connection or an open circuit somewhere that doesn't allow your laptop to recharge. It happens constantly to my headphones. So, good luck with that one.