PDA

View Full Version : Where is Garnet called by her real name?

Xander
08-18-2003, 11:01 PM
Possible Spoiler maybe?

I used to go on another forum a lot and they were always talking about Garnet's real name being Sarah but I played the game through and beat it, and I never remember finding out that was her real name? Or did I miss something? Does anyone know where this comes from?

Flying Mullet
08-18-2003, 11:06 PM
You find out in a sub/side quest in Madain Sari. You won't find out just playing through the story, you have to go out of your way to find out. This is probably why you missed it.

Big D
08-19-2003, 02:54 AM
The puzzle is tough to decipher without consulting a FAQ or guide. As Flying Mullet says, though, it has something to do with Madain Sari... with the Eidolon Wall in particular.

Meow
08-19-2003, 04:01 AM
Another 'secret' in FF9 that i just couldn't fathom (along with the Excalibur II). Why would they put so many things into a single game that are so oddly impossible to even stumble on accidentally? But... at least one person must have, since every guide out there references it anymore.

Big D
08-19-2003, 04:50 AM
Well, there are clues about this one - Lani gives a few hints if you talk to her. I guess they just wanted to add depth and replay value, so that people wouldn't just master a whole lot of simplistic side-quests and then say, "What? That's it? How dull..."

A few ongoing mysteries - especially those that aren't revealed for quite a while - give people good reasons to keep coming back.

Xander
08-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Hmm thanks for the replies, I do have the strategy guide but must have missed it or something, unless it's not mentioned in there.

Ah well more to do next time I play it :D

Meow
08-20-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Well, there are clues about this one - Lani gives a few hints if you talk to her.

True, but to even get to that point, you have to have certain people in your party when you go to Madain Sari (okay, if that can even be called a spoiler, it's a light one. But i'll just be on the safe side). Or was it that you have to leave certain people out? i don't know; i never tried it myself, because i thought it was too complicated a process for too little gain.

Big D
08-20-2003, 02:33 AM
Lani runs away if Amarant or Eiko are in the party, I think.

Celes
08-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Yeah I never would have figured it out by myself, I used a strategy guide and the internet-- but to check out all the secret messages on the Eidolon wall in Madain Sari is worth it! I think I got most of my info from www.playonline.com. If you follow all the steps correctly, you find out interesting things about Garnet and Eiko.

§håd0w
09-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Lani runs away if Amarant or Eiko are in the party, I think.

The first time she always runs away, but once you reenter without Dagger or Amarant, she returns.

Phil
09-04-2003, 03:59 AM
Her name isnt sarah , its sara

another correction brougt to you by the guy who memorized the script.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Go to Maiden Sari and talk to lani(she's in Eiko's kitchen)she will run away, now go to the eidolon wall and examine all the murals, now walk round the whole wall 10 times, it will bleep everytime you walk round once, now check under the Ifrit mural and you can see a message with garnet's real name in it.

§håd0w
09-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Vincent06
Her name isnt sarah , its sara

another correction brougt to you by the guy who memorized the script.

No... I'm pretty sure it's Sarah. You can check any FAQ and they say Sarah, not Sara.

Phil
09-06-2003, 12:02 AM
It might depend upon the version of the game. Like... Japanese spelling vrs. English ;)

PhoenixAsh
09-06-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Sara too. For reference I played the European version.

Edit: Spoiler tags added

§håd0w
09-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Oh. I played the stateside release. It might be a different spelling. But it doesn't really matter.

EDIT:

Ha!!! It is Sarah. GO back and re-read Ifrit's caption (May not apply to PAL and JPN release)

SephirothsAngel
09-10-2003, 09:32 PM
I think it is never flat out mentioned in the strategy guide. I think you have to use the Playonline code.

§håd0w
09-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Elaborate on that... I'm a bit ocnfused by it.

SephirothsAngel
09-11-2003, 09:03 PM
If you bought the strategy guide (which I know some people don't buy but I kind of collect them) you'll notice that instead of telling you every detail about every secret they set up a web page for you to go to for more information on each subject. They give you a little code in a blue box by everything they don't completely explain in the strategy guide. What happens is you go to the website and click on a scroll and roll down until you see FFIX. Then, you are brought to a place that has a little box and it will prompt you to enter a code from the book. Like, if you have the book you will notice they give you a small strategy for Ozma. Right next to the boss strategy is a blue box and it says something like "Ozmabss9", or something. At the site where it prompts you to give them a code, you would put "Ozmabss9" and it will take you to the full length Ozma strategy. I hope that helps, I'm not to good at explaining things.

§håd0w
09-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Ohhhh... That. I remember that now. It was also in an insert you got when you bought the game. Thanks. I was a bit lost a first...

Sara

It's Sarah. I dunno how many people read the edited post. But go back and read Ifrit's caption.

eternalshiva
10-23-2003, 05:01 PM
WHO CARES how you spell her name jeepers. and its 9 times in a circle, you'll hear a little bell sound when you can check out her name on the wall. >.< Counterclockwise.