PDA

View Full Version : Uematsu or Mitsuda?

Havoc
08-19-2003, 06:35 PM
In your opinion, who's the better composer? Uematsu has done pretty much every FF score, while Mistuda's works include: CT, CC, Xenogears, and Xenosaga.

Flying Mullet
08-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Mistuda seems to have more memorable work on average while Uematsu's are usually a hit or miss with me. I also find that I don't enjoy Uematsu's newer works as much as his older stuff.

Big D
08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
I agree that Uematsu's more recent works aren't always as nice as his older ones, but I still appreciate it all. I've not yet heard any of Mitsuda's work so I can't really compare...

oangekiwi
08-21-2003, 09:06 PM
I agree with the both of you. Mitsuda has done some pretty kickin' pieces before. Xenogears is one of my favorite examples of his musical talent, and he didn't do so bad on Chrono Cross. Sure, Uematsu is good, but he seems to be slacking off on his work. I find the earlier FF games (FF6-FF8 have my personal favorite FF music...but when you get into ff9 and ffx... i dunno...:mad: ) tend to have better music. I tend to find Mitsuda making his music more emotional and impacting. That's important to the gameplay. So, in my opinion, I find Mitsuda to be the better composer :).

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 08:26 AM
Uematsu's works in Final Fantasy 1-7 are incredible, but Mitsuda has him beat by far. And Uematsu and Mitsuda actually worked on Chrono Trigger together, that's really how Mitsuda got his start.

Silent Warrior
08-23-2003, 02:39 PM
While there's no denying FF6 was videogame-music goodness, not much can stand in the way of Xenogears' intro and Xenosaga. Though sometimes I can't help feeling that Mitsuda just tries to do too much... That's also a way to trash gameplay.

Mr. Mojo Risin
08-25-2003, 02:58 AM
Generally I prefer Mitsuda(very diverse, creative), but Uematsu's work on FF4,5,6 remain my fav. videogame music.

Breine
08-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Uematsu rules! :rock:

I prefer Uematsu, If you havn't already noticed... :D

crono_logical
08-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Sakuraba :p

Ok, Uematsu out of those two, but he's by far not my favourite composer :p

Silent Warrior
08-28-2003, 05:04 PM
crono_logical: ReSPECT, mon!

Hm, it seems I left out a little clarification as to what composer I like best of Nobby :p and Mitsuda... Well, I... can't comment on that just now.

Ramza_Beouvle
11-22-2003, 11:39 PM
I perfer Mitsuda, I find his works very memorable, but, don't get me wrong, Uemastu's works are great, too!

Germ Hamee
11-23-2003, 02:23 AM
Uematsu is really good with event music. His opening/endings are almost always nice to listen to. But overall I find most of his in-game music to be pretty boring. There's a few exceptions here and there, almost the entire FFVI soundtrack included.

Mitsuda, in my opinion, comes up with great music for both events and in-game play. Not to mention how diverse his style is. Typical fantasy RPG music (CT), pretty celtic tunes (XG, CC), and then dark, almost gothic choirs and orchestral pieces (XS). Yeah. I love the Mitsuda.

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Yasusnori Mitsuda by far. I feel he is far more versitile that Nobuo Uematsu. Mitsuda has done work outside of videogame(yet still in the relm of videogames). He has also done work outside of RPGs such as Mario Party and Bomberman 64 2. A lot of the music used in Mario Party 1 is still used in the new games today.