PDA

View Full Version : Quick technical question about FF7 movies...

Eternal_Warrior
08-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Sup ppl. I have the PC version of FF7 and i've been trying to get a music video done with the videos from the game. I use Adobe Premiere 6.0 and the problem is ... I can play the movies ... but when I insert them onto the timeline, all I can see is black. I know this is different than the game discussions you guys have and I apologize, but just didn't know where else to go. Maybe some of you have had the same problem and resolved it. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Peace

Squally Leonharty
08-20-2003, 05:12 PM
I used to have that problem with Premiere 6.5. I didn't know how to fix it, so I downgraded to 6.0 and everything has been fine ever since. :p

But I have no idea what might be causing your problem. I heard, however, that Premiere has a few compatibility issues with DivX (or XivD?). Maybe you got some settings wrong in Premiere. Try reinstalling it, or something. *_*

Eternal_Warrior
08-20-2003, 05:18 PM
I don't think it can be a compatibility issue since the movies come directly from the authentic final fantasy discs. Anyways, I'll try the reinstall and see what happens. Thx for the help :D.

Squally Leonharty
08-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Err.. You said that you're playing the FMVs directly from the CDs. Didn't you convert them (in other words: rip them) to your HD using a compressor, such as DivX?

Only PSOne movie players can view FMVs directly from PSOne CDs. Premiere can't do that, which is why you need to rip them.

I guess that's it, unless I misunderstood you. :p

Eternal_Warrior
08-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Ya, if that were the case, it'd be easier. But the thing is, I have the PC version of FF7. So, I can just play the files on any video player. Even Premiere can read it. But, when I put the videos on the "timeline" of the video, all I see is black...

It sux...:(