PDA

View Full Version : Wgy is it that...

Inuyasha23
08-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Why is it that the old ff games the boss fight is very hard and it takes forever, but in the new one they are so easy you dont even have to try.What really ticks me off is that the match up is always three or for on one. wheres the honor in that. Us old gamers like a challenge but it seems now all the games are being made for three years old who can play a 200 hour game with out being able to read and still beat it.

Flying Mullet
08-20-2003, 04:58 PM
That's because more of today's game are being made with super-bosses and secret bosses that are hard to find, and you need extra tough weapons that are hard to find as well. It is a bit disproportionate for those super-secret bosses to be a lot more powerful than the main bosses in the game, but it allows those that just want to finish the game to be able to do so and those that want to take on the extremely hard challenges to be able to do so too.

In regards to FFX, I think that they took this a little too far with the monster arena having super hard creatures and Yu Yevon being comparably easy. I think that FFVII had the right mix between the final fight with Sephiroth and the two weapons.

The Man
08-20-2003, 10:34 PM
The old games are a lot harder, yup. I like a challenge myself, I don't like a game that's FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE but I do enjoy leveling, so something about the difficulty of FFV is nice.

Hell, they did that "some bosses are harder than the normal bosses" thing even way back in FFV, with Omega and Shinryû.

Master.Pug
08-21-2003, 05:10 AM
*nods*
run into Omega unprepared & die ;)

I also like a challenge, but I think FFV is comparebly easy!
FFI & especially FFIII are much harder, even FFIV is more challenging:)

I prefer the old ones, FFIX is too easy:mad:

Big D
08-21-2003, 05:44 AM
..Should be in 'General FF.' *Move*

Master.Pug, I've run into Omega a couple of times, as perpared as is currently possible, yet still died. Few more levels and jobs needed...

I don't think the newer games are radically easier than their predecessors. First time I played FFVI, for instance, I found it quite easy compared to my first FFs - FFVII and VIII. But then, they were only tough the first time I played 'em. It's rare to find a game that's still a serious challenge when you've beaten it a number of times.

MJN SEIFER
08-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Final Fantasy had Warman he was "Super"

Pucca
08-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
I think that FFVII had the right mix between the final fight with Sephiroth and the two weapons.

(nods head) Yep!!! :D

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Master.Pug, I've run into Omega a couple of times, as perpared as is currently possible, yet still died. Few more levels and jobs needed...

Which Omega? In FFX, I didn't even bother, bribed him man. Since his HP said "Give it all you got" I gave it all I had, around 2 million gil, and walked away without a scratch.