PDA

View Full Version : Unusual E-Mail.

Rainecloud
08-20-2003, 05:26 PM
"From : Mail Delivery System<MAILER-DAEMON@hotmail.com>
Add mailer-daemon@hotmail.com to My Messenger Contacts.

To : Mistefanyare@hotmail.com

Subject : Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender -IMPORTANT

Date : Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:21:59 PM

Attachment : IMPORTANT.eml (38k)

Reply Reply All Forward Delete Put in Folder...InboxSent MessagesDraftsTrash Can Printer Friendly Version

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients.
This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:banana_chick28@yahoo.com

For further assistance, please contact < postmaster@hotmail.com >
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the message returned below.

Copy of your message, including all the headers is attached "

I haven't sent any e-mails to anyone (besides Rei) this week, and I don't even know anyone with the address banana_chick28@yahoo.com. Can anyone explain this to me? And no, I'm not going to open the attachment, obviously.

Flying Mullet
08-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Get the latest updates of your virus software and scan your system. It sounds like a virus is hanging out on your computer and is trying to email itself to other people in your address book.

Citizen Bleys
08-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Not even that. Virus writers go out, seek legitimate email addresses, and send their virus email with that as the "From" field in an attempt to get people in trouble. You don't have to be virus-infected. ((I know, I get TONS of these messages, and I scan with Norton daily))

Rainecloud
08-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention - this is a Hotmail account.

I don't have any viruses on my PC, I'm quite sure of that.

Burtsplurt
08-20-2003, 09:25 PM
I've been getting the same thing in my Yahoo account recently. I just delete anything that seems even remotely suspicious.

Casey
08-21-2003, 12:15 AM
Ignore it. Mailer Daemon is a macro that sends emails to alot of people. It's spam.

Rainecloud
08-21-2003, 07:51 AM
My Hotmail account had served me well for quite a number of months. I'm disappointed in them, now.

Xander
08-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Since I logged on tonight I've received a couple of those as well, on my hotmail account and they are from the same person but they said something like my message couldnt be delivered to someone I never sent a message to :confused:

Yeah all I would say is delete, delete, delete em all and hope they stop coming :rolleyes2

Big D
08-22-2003, 01:46 AM
Every single day I get one or two of those in my university webmail account. Thanks to RAV Antivirus, though, they never make it through.:)

Basically, if any message even looks risky - like something vaguely 'friendly' from someone you don't know, or something that's pretending to be a virus-check notification - it's probably some dude who's got nothing even resembling a life who wants to send you a virus.

Rainecloud
08-22-2003, 04:25 PM
Goodness knows why. I have nothing on this PC besides a few music files.

*shrug*

Lowlife scum.