PDA

View Full Version : Ways to stay interested

Daedalex
08-20-2003, 06:44 PM
I've play through FF7 in its entirety for 3 times now. I find myself at the end of the game leveling up and doing sidequests. As these come to an end and I prepare to go to the Northern Crater, I find myself completely bored with the game.
I lose all motivation to keep playing and just leave it alone.

Since I have the PC version I usually uninstall the game, which removes all of my savegames. After a while, I think to myself "Hey FF7 would be fun to play, maybe I'll actually beat it this time."

And I find myself repeating the cycle. Anyone have any good way to keep interest in the game towards the end?

remi07
08-20-2003, 08:29 PM
I felt the same way the first time I played it. I leveled up from 54 to 80 :whoa:. Even though I was tired of the game I decicded to beat it anyway, and it was worth it! So just give it a chance! It'll get better once you get in North Crater, and it dosn't take very long to get to Sephiroth either.

Max
08-20-2003, 09:49 PM
beat the game again.Find things you cant find anymore.:)

Daedalex
08-21-2003, 01:38 AM
What are the best areas to level up in?

Erdrick the Hero
08-21-2003, 01:39 AM
interesting you should say that, cuz i am currently replaying the game. they way i am keepiong it interesting is not leveling up. you know hwo hard it is to beat the end guy on a low level with bad materia?

the challenge makes it fun

Originally posted by Daedalex

the best place i ahve found is inside of northern crater.. ther is a place where there are balls... and those pots taht you gotta give a elixer to first. best area in my mind

MagicKnight Locke
08-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Daedalex
ive found out,for the best way for this game to be interesting is:

Equip at least 3 of the basic materias( up to the materias in junon)and at least 1 of all the other ones.Kill all monsters you encounter and you can kill,if you need to lvl,lvl ONLY for limit breaks,items.gil or the fights with emerald and ruby.Only 2 fights will be hard,materia keeper,demon wall.When you reach carry armor it will be easy since you should have 3 bolt materias mastered and have big guard.Once at northern crater(you should be lvl 50 with most limits gotten,with lvl 3 magics(i got them in gaea's cliff,dont worry),White Winf,Big Guard and cure 3.Just go in and run or fight( if you fight be sure to bring potions and a tent)DONT use the save crystal until the final area

When in the final fights,first kill jenova(easy)

Kill bizzaro sephiroth.Easy just heal and kill the core then the rest though after that prepare,safer seph is tough,heal before killing bizarro,heal and when with safer,cast big guard ASAP.If that guy attacks with pale horse heal the frog status and hp,if he attacks with wing attack or shadow flare,revive f he does heartless angel heal I M M E A D E T L Y if he attacks with supernova,pray that some guy doesnt get confused,first heal everyone,then nodge them on the head to cure confusion and fight on(if you are having trouble with supernova,put some countering rings on your characters)
If you wanna make the fight easier then try this stuff.

Morph a king tonberry(hard) or get to the specialround in the battle square and morph a ho-chu to get a ribbon,you might already have some,theres 3 to find i think.that stuff counters all status.

Get tetra elemental from a cactuar from a small island south of corel,a bit of desert and grass i think,while there look for those cactuars,morph them and get tetra elemental which makes you imune to all of the basic elements(fire,ice,bolt and earth i think)

Get omnislash through the battle square,catasthrope from a lady in corel,cosmo memory from a seif in nibelheim or the other final limitbreaks for another party and try to build up to them(maxd the lvl1,lvl2 and lvl3 limits,omnislash basicallyt rocks and will make safer seph a LOOOOOT easier.

Key thats it,the game plan without lvling needed