PDA

View Full Version : Can't access links

~*Crystal*~
08-20-2003, 11:38 PM
I keep having this problem with links. Whenever I clicked on a link (like the profile of a person in this forum for example) nothing happens. I just keep clicking and still... nothing. The page just stays as it was. Does anyone know what might be wrong with my stupid computer?

Shoyku
08-20-2003, 11:40 PM
If you're using Firebird, I have the same problem. Either right click on the link and open it up in a new window/tab or just wait for the whole page to completely load before you click on the link.

~*Crystal*~
08-20-2003, 11:45 PM
The page loads just fine. And sometimes it's not a link, it's just a button.

Miriamel
08-20-2003, 11:55 PM
Are you using a popup stopper? A person's profile opens up in a new browser, your popup stopper might be set not to allow any popups.

And I think this should be in the Help forum.

~*Crystal*~
08-20-2003, 11:58 PM
No, I'm not. I'll give you another example. I was in a fanfiction site and when I clicked on the button to move to the next page of the story nothing happened. No link there, just a button.

Yamaneko
08-21-2003, 01:26 AM
What browser are you using?

~*Crystal*~
08-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Internet explorer. Someone told me it might be the MS Blaster worm. I'm downloading the antivirus patch right now to see if it works.

EDIT: That was it. Problem solved. You may close the thread now, thanks to anyone who tried to help.

crono_logical
08-21-2003, 03:02 PM
You should keep up to date with patches etc. before it messes your computer up, not after :p It's only you that'll be sorry when one day you don't get a patch that otherwise makes it capable of wiping the HD or something :p