PDA

View Full Version : Create a Character

Dkknight
08-21-2003, 11:04 AM
OK I know this has probably been done before, but I always found it cool. OK here's the deal. I'll start off by picking a few characters that I would like to see translated to Tactics style. For instance, Legolas of Lord of the Rings. What class would you make him, what equipment would you give him (it has to be what you think he would most likely wear, not just b/c its the best equipment in the game), and what special techniques and/or magic if applicable.

I'd like to see what you guys come up with for Legolas, Gandalf, and Strider for starters. Then maybe we'll move on to other FF characters, etc. If you have a request also be sure to post it so that someone can post their rendition of the requested character. Also, try and post exactly why you gave the character certain equipment, skills, job class, etc.

Here are the first 3 requested characters:

Legolas
Gandalf
Aragorn

thirstyforblood
08-22-2003, 01:31 AM
Legolas would be a Elven Archer.

Ability- Bow Magic~ (Causes the magic affect and pysical damage, but only uses Charge turn time)

Flame Arrow- Like Fire and Charge+1
Frost Arrow- Like Ice and Charge+1
Bolt Arrow - Like Thunder and Charge+1
Toad Arrow- Charge+2 and ads frog
Venom Arrow- Charge+2 and ads Poison
Mythiral Arrow- Charge+2 and ads Don't Move stat
Doom Arrow- Charge+3 and ads Death
Stone Arrow- Charge+3 and ads Petrufiy
Knight Arrow- Charge+4 and ramdom Break ability

Weapons- Bows ( not CrossBows), Shields

Helmets-Hats

Armor-Close, Armor, Robes

Move-5
Jump-4

I will probuly do the others latter....

SoS.Atlerik
08-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Sounds cool! create own characters.

I would rather have a battlefieldeditor ^^

Dkknight
08-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Cool good job! Is there bow magic in the game? And btw, lets also use inherent abilities. Also, is there a specific sprite you would use? Let me see if I can get a list of inherent abilities that legolas would have.

About the hats.. i dont think i seen him wear a hat in the movie. Did he wear one in the books?

thirstyforblood
08-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Hmm......... I guess not. I fact I dont think any of the Elves do in the movie... Do you think I should change that?

Mwork
08-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Dkknight
OK I know this has probably been done before, but I always found it cool. OK here's the deal. I'll start off by picking a few characters that I would like to see translated to Tactics style. For instance, Legolas of Lord of the Rings. What class would you make him, what equipment would you give him (it has to be what you think he would most likely wear, not just b/c its the best equipment in the game), and what special techniques and/or magic if applicable.

I'd like to see what you guys come up with for Legolas, Gandalf, and Strider for starters. Then maybe we'll move on to other FF characters, etc. If you have a request also be sure to post it so that someone can post their rendition of the requested character. Also, try and post exactly why you gave the character certain equipment, skills, job class, etc.

Here are the first 3 requested characters:

Legolas
Gandalf
Aragorn

Well, just to make sure, do you want us to use in-game Jobs/abilities/etc. or made-up stuff?

thirstyforblood
08-23-2003, 02:22 AM
probuly a mix....

Dkknight
08-23-2003, 05:18 AM
Preferably in-game stuff, that way we can create these characters either using codes from a game shark or using the FFT Edit, or just strictly from the hired characters. See I always thought for people who didnt wear hats that youcould give them like bandana's or something. But i guess not many people wear hats. So I guess giving guy's hats who don't really wear them is ok, as long as it would be something they WOULD wear.

SoS.Atlerik
08-23-2003, 02:03 PM
What's that FFT Edit?

Mwork
08-23-2003, 05:23 PM
FFTedit is a Dex Drive save editor. Check it out if you want more info. (http://www.fftactics.net/fftedit/)

Though I do know FFTastic (http://www.fftactics.net/fftastic/main.html) is better. :)

SoS.Atlerik
08-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Cool! I'll check it out.

SoS.Atlerik
08-23-2003, 05:56 PM
Not very much info on that FFTastic site, checking it out anyway.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Legolas

Beowolf Sprite
Two Spell Edge Ninja swords as weapons
Hairpin as Headwear
Earth Clothes as Armour
The Elf Cape/Elf Mantle (Almost forgot the name) as an accesory

I would make a custom Skillset.

Everyone Knows elves are good healers and that they use Earth Magics soo....

Potion
High Potion
Phenix Down
Protect
Shell
Esuana
Regain
And The Geomancer Magics...(Not gonna list em all)

Theres a glitched movment that would work perfect for an Elf.....Called Walk through Walls or Somthing....

His Support and Reaction Abilities could be almost anything but heres an interesting set you COULD use

Mediator as a second Job And Monster Talk As A Support
Then Give him ...Blade Grasp/Speed Plus/Counter/Hamedo Or almost any other Reaction....

I would use Mediator and Monster Talk Because Elves have High Charisma and other Races are Drawn to them Naturally so they would make an excellent Mediator and they also have a special bond with animals which is why Monster Talk is very appropriate.

Wow ......Actually that was fun.....Be assured i'll probably be back to do another Tommorow....

Dkknight
08-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Haha interesting that you gave Legolas the Beowulf sprite. I think he looks more like the Archer sprite. Here is a link to some sprites in the game so you can choose which you think looks more like him. http://materialspalace.netfirms.com/fftsprites.htm

Close seconds in my opinon were the early Ramza sprite. Dont know about character portrait yet. I havent checked. I personally would give him a Bow, as that is his primary weapon. He would use the ninja swords in close range fighting. Too bad you can have both. I like the fact you gave him the hairpin and Elf Cape and Earth Clothes.

OK here are some inherent abilities that Legolas would have. I found this on a Lord of the Rings site and it gave a breakdown of all the characters and all their abilities and skillz.

Legolas - Elf Fighter lvl 8
Str 12
Dex 21
Con 11
Int 13
Wis 12
Cha 14

inherent abilities:
cancel - undead, sleep
ice and fire protect +2
any ground

skills - bowmaster +5, listen +3, move silent +9, sing +4, sailor +2, ride +10, search +3, spot +8, wilderness lore +4, (some other one that i wrote down wrong)

feats - Armor(Heavy, Light, Medium) Far Shot, Improved Initiative, Martial Weapon, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot, Sheild, Simple Weapon, Charge, Longbow

items - Masterwork Longbow, Masterwork Sword(short)

I don't know maybe you guys can help me translate all this into FFT form. See also what i was thinking is that when you create the player you can only get those abilities which applied to Legolas. Cause I know you will probly earn enough JP to get every single ability, but I personally think its cool to only get what applies to that character. What fun is it to have a guy who has everything?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-25-2003, 11:18 AM
There is Two ways around that

The first is self control....Dont buy the ones he's not supposed to have...

Or use A Game Shark and Edit A job class to have the Abilities you want.....Then set him as that Job....

Use Astronimer (SP) because its only used once in the game....Change it To "Legolas Skillz" or somthing and Give it all the abilities you want....

Anyways I prefer to Give Legolas the Swords because that guy already Did a bow Legolas and also because when I played the LOTR: Two Towers Game for PS2, GC, and XBox I hardly ever used Legolas's Bow because I liked his Two swords sooo much......

Also I didn't use the Archer Sprite because I wanted him to look differnt than normal archers but on second thought i would just make Him a Green Archer because I know how to do that With a Game Shark....

WhenWe get Like 5 characters here I think I'll PLay a FFT game with them...... AS long as there are 5 I like!

SoS.Atlerik
08-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Where can I buy a GameShark? I really want one.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-25-2003, 11:41 PM
A video Game Store...Or Zellers.....Wherever you buy Games....

I got mine at a BlockBuster Video Store Brand new for $15......Guess they Just couldn't sell them....

If you Live in Sweden.....I don't know if you even have them there....

Night_Sword
08-26-2003, 12:57 AM
Well if you were going to make that character Nakor, you'd have to trim down the skillset as the game has a set limit to spells/abilities allowed. I believe it is 15, but I am not 100% sure.

Also, if you really want to try the 'special characters' you can do it for free as long as you have a somewhat decent computer. Go to http://www.zophar.net and find a ps emulator, and I belive the site has some basic information on byte hacking the game (Hexadecimal editing)

I could make the characters in GS, but it actually takes a fairly long time to do, and they are often buggy. Plus I am lazy. I may make up a few for this thread though.

Dkknight
08-26-2003, 01:49 AM
Alright looks like we got Legolas done. We can decide on definites later. On to Aragorn! Here are a list of his abililties and character profile.

Aragorn(Strider) - Ranger lvl 10 | Paladin lvl 5 | Expert lvl 5
Str 16
Dex 16
Con 18
Int 18
Wis 19
Char 19

inherent abilities:
cancel - sleep, darkness, charm
elemental protection
monster skill

skills - Climb +8, Concentration +11, Diplomacy +14, Heal +15, Move Silently +16, Chemist +15, Sailor +19, Ride +13, Search +9, Spot +19, Wilderness +20

feats - Alertness, Ambidexterity, Armor(Heavy, Light, Medium), Endurance, Great Fortitude, Improved Critical(sword), Iron Will, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Martial Weapon, Shield, Simple Weapon, Track, 2 Swords, Charge +

spells - invite, esuna, persuade, hell ivey, cure, shell, protect, sleep

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Wherever your getting that information DrkKnight....It has nothing to do with FF Tactics....

Dkknight
08-26-2003, 11:38 AM
Wherever your getting that information DrkKnight....It has nothing to do with FF Tactics....

No shit sherlock. Do you not read previous posts or something? I KNOW it has nothing to do with FFT. What I'm trying to do is convert his stats/skills to FFT form from a LOTR site i found! Quit tryin to be such a know-it-all. :rolleyes:

But anyhow moving along...

I was also thinking that since the ability to rename classes and names or what not, that we can rename certain items. Like for instance, one of the swords in the LOTR is called Narsil, which is probably the most famous sword in the Lord of the Rings. So we can take a sword in FFT that most represents that weapon and change its name. Of course I'm no LOTR expert here, so if anyone knows more about the swords as far as abililties goes, then we could take that into account. I can probly find pics of the swords and post them so that we can compare to the swords on FFT.

Here are some swords that I know about:

Narsil - wielded by Elendil; probably the most famous sword in the Lord of the Rings; blade shattered as Elendil fell during the battle vs. Sauron.

Glamdring - magical swored wielded by Gandalf forged by ancient Elves; sword glows in the presence of an enemy.

Ringraith - sword used by the Ringwraiths; it is said that whoever is struck with this sword is then turned into a Ringwraith.

Sting - magical sword given to Frodo by his cousin Bilbo; sword glows in the presence of Orcs.

Strider's Ranger Sword - sword wielded by Aragorn.

Sword of the Witchking - wielded by Witchking, leader of the the nine Ringwraiths.

Uruk-hai Scimitar - swords used by the evil breed of Orcs created by Sarumon.

Here is a pic of the swords

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Dkknight: No shit sherlock. Do you not read previous posts or something? I KNOW it has nothing to do with FFT. What I'm trying to do is convert his stats/skills to FFT form from a LOTR site i found! Quit tryin to be such a know-it-all.

First of all....No I do not read all the previos posts each time I reply to a topic.....Just the new ones....And I forgot that you were trying to convert the skills from somewhere else.....

Second I WAS NOT and NEVER WILL profess to "know-it-all" I was simply wondering where you got that info and how it helps us to create a Aragorn Character.....

So as you see....No need for Harsh words....

Dkknight
08-26-2003, 06:27 PM
First of all....No I do not read all the previos posts each time I reply to a topic.....Just the new ones....And I forgot that you were trying to convert the skills from somewhere else.....

If your not gonna bother reading the previous posts, then I don't think you have any business posting stuff without knowing whats going on. Its called ignorance.

Second I WAS NOT and NEVER WILL profess to "know-it-all" I was simply wondering where you got that info and how it helps us to create a Aragorn Character.....

Geez, I dont know, maybe it provides a basis for the translation of the stats/attributes to FFT form? Oh. Wait. Guess we didnt think of that did we?

So as you see....No need for Harsh words....

Oh i thought there was plenty of reason for harsh words. Your comment was not needed and if you would have read the previous posts, you would have known that and maybe put in a few words that actually had any value. In other words, you were being an ASS.

I'd prefer that you didnt respond. Lets just leave it at that. This post was intended to create characters, not to banter away at each other.

So anyhow, any of you guys have any ideas on what sprite to use for Aaragorn? I was thinking an early form of Delita, before the golden armor.

Mwork
08-26-2003, 11:23 PM
I would think Rofel's sprite would work better for Aragorn.

Dkknight
08-27-2003, 06:29 AM
Anyone know where we can take a look at all the character sprites?

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-27-2003, 10:51 AM
http://www.finalfantasytactics.org/

That has the Pictures for all the sprites Faces....

and DkKnight gave me this link in a previos post that has many Sprites

http://materialspalace.netfirms.com/fftsprites.htm

I did read the posts I just didn't read them that day....That day I only read the new ones That I hadn't read before.....

Anyways if you thought I was being an ASS then i owe you an apology I suppose.... I wasn't meaning it that way but actually trying to understand where you got that information so I could understand what it all means...

Anyways I am Sorry that You feel I was being an Ass I will try to say more so you don't get that impression again.....

Dkknight
08-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Its cool man. Dont sweat it.

Dkknight
08-28-2003, 01:27 AM
I think Aragorn looks more like the Kletian sprite.

You know what would be cool too? We could also make enemies from LOTR. Like the orcs could be the goblins on FFT, and the uruk-hai could be those cretures that are with Velius.

18Darkdragon
08-28-2003, 02:34 AM
what are all thoughs people on the link Nakor havent seen some of them. how do u make thes sprites

Dkknight
08-28-2003, 08:04 AM
You don't make them they are already in the game. You use gameshark codes to program it to display those sprites on the field and in your character status screen.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-28-2003, 01:32 PM
SOme of them are people you only see once and some you never see in the game....

Most of the pics for everyones face is on that page....

There are a few missing though.....

I just watched LoTR: Two Towers again this time on my new DVD version.....

Dkknight
08-30-2003, 07:46 PM
OK perfect sprite for Aragorn would be Ramza with the dark armor. Wonder if you can edit the hair color of the sprite?? If you can make the sprite have dark hair rather than blond, then its all gravy.

I've been thinking of what equipment would Aragorn wear... here's what i got so far.

sword - Rune Blade(Ranger Sword)
armor - chain mail
helmet - twisted hairband
accessory - 108 gems

job class - Ranger (i guess you could make it the squire class and call it ranger? and maybe kinda have it like guts)

primary ability - Guts
secondary - Whiteaid
reaction - Blade Grasp
support - undecided (I was thinking Attack UP or MagicDefend UP or Martial Arts)
movement - Silent Walk (not sure what this does, but its either this or Move-HP Up, or Move +3)

You know sometimes when a character joins your party? And if you check their abilities they come with certain abilities already learned? Well here are the abilities that Aragorn would know, by job class.

Squire (Ranger) -
Accumulate
Dash
Throw Stone
Heal
Yell
Cheerup
Wish
Scream
Counter Tackle
Monster Skill
Defend
Gained Jp UP
Move +1

Chemist -
all items
autopotion
maintenance
equip change
move-find item

Knight -
Mind Break
Magic Break
Power Break
Speed Break
Weapon Guard
Equip Armor
Equip Shield
Equip Sword

Archer -
Charge +4
Speed Save
Concentrate
Jump +1

Monk -
Counter
Hamedo
Martial Arts
Move-HP Up

Priest -
Cure 2
Raise 2
Regen
Protect
Shell
Esuna
Magic Defend Up

Wizard -
N/A

Time Mage -
Short Charge

Summoner -
N/A

Thief -
Steal Heart
Steal Weapon
Steal Exp
Caution
Catch
Secret Hunt
Move +2
Jump +2

Mediator -
Invitation
Persuade
Praise
Preach
Finger Guard
Train
Monster Talk

Oracle -
Sleep
Foxbird
Defense UP
Any Weather

Geomancer -
Hell Ivey
Counter Flood
Attack Up
Any Ground

Lancer -
Vertical Jump +3
Horizonta Jump +3
Dragon Spirit

Samurai -
Meatbone Slash
Blade Grasp
Equip Knife
Two Hands

Ninja -
Abandon
Two Swords

As I mentioned before, near the start of this thread, you can ONLY learn those abilities that are on this listing. If there's anything you see missing, feel free to add to this.

Naos
08-31-2003, 09:31 AM
summon: moogle

I would take out steal weapon.

and two hands

Dkknight
08-31-2003, 11:08 AM
ok cool. Any particular reason why he would have moogle summon?

Dkknight
09-02-2003, 08:29 AM
OK after watching the movie again last night, i think I have a couple changes. Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn all had elven mantles. Gimli was the only one wearing a helmet, and it was similar to the iron helmet. I would give Gimli Gafgarion's sprite. For Aragorn, I would now give him the Zalbag sprite, and change his hair color and try and edit his clothing color. I might also give him the Black Costume instead of the chain mail. Not sure if that' is possible with a gameshark code. I would then give Legolos Beowulf's sprite. Havn't found a really good sprite that I would give Gandalf, except for an edited version of Elidibs. Oh and Aragorn can use bows also.

thirstyforblood
09-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Gandalf would definetly have the two sword ability and he can use Swords and Staffs.... Untell he gets to a higher level and goes from Gandalf the Gray to Gandalf the White...Be he would have alot more magic!

Btw I don't know if this counts but I was thinking maybe we could have a stronger type of Chocobo... The Green Chocobo

Choco Attack
Choco Cure
Choco Metetor
Choco Ensuna

Float
Ignore Hights
Conter

Poach- Feather Mantle, Elixer

Dkknight
09-03-2003, 04:05 AM
With the 2 swords ability, can you give him 1 sword and 1 staff or do they both have to be 2 staffs or 2 swords??

thirstyforblood
09-03-2003, 04:26 AM
you could give him both.........

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-04-2003, 01:58 PM
As long as your Using Game Shark you can give him both....

Its not possible without GS though....

Rase
09-12-2003, 06:02 AM
I would like to see myself in the game.

Name: Dark Paladin Cecil (duh)
Class: Dark Paladin (double duh)

Strongest Equipment:
Sword: Hadinshu (Holy and Dark damage)
Armor: Shadow Armor
Helmet: Demon Helm
Accsessory: Necklace of Memories (ya kinda have to know me)

Abilities:
Holy Bomb (Holy damage to all enemies within 4 squares)
Restless Spirits (Dark Damage to all enemies within 4 squares)
Hades Chariot (Increase Movement)
Shape Lands (temporarily change landscape)
Light & Dark (Holy-Dark damage to all enemies within 4 squares {happens only when Dark Paladin Cecil is KO'd})

Holy_Paladin
09-12-2003, 07:05 AM
Hi people!
I'm back again!:D
I would like to explain about the Strenght, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma stuff. They're about the first RPG game ever, Dungeons and Dragons (rather called D&D) that was created in 1974, with some base on the LOTR books. Get more info on http://www.wizards.com/dnd and there's some program to build character sheets (profile & stats) hat's called Character Generator (rather called CGen) and you can get it on the link above. Check this out, you will see what i am talking about and now... there could be some program to build FFT characters...
Next time I will send an suggestion... maybe Aragorn.
That's it.
Bye!

Dkknight
09-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Sounds cool man. Keep us informed.

Holy_Paladin
09-13-2003, 12:28 AM
I am back with an opinion about the thread... I'd like to see Alucard, son of Dracula of the game Castlevania-Symphony of the Night.

Alucard
Archaic Knight
Marquis Elmdor sprite

Both Hands:Masamune Katana
Head:Golden Hairpin
Armor:Diamond Plate
Acessory:Dracula Mantle

Abilities:
Archaic Sword
Archaic Magic
Hamedo
Two Hands
Move-Mp up

That's it!

Bye!

Dkknight
09-13-2003, 07:59 PM
I have a whole list of guys who I'd make. I'll post one in a little bit.

Holy_Paladin
09-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Hey Dkknight could you please tell me how img code works? i dunno how to use it...(i've sent you and Nakor an e-mail, check it out it has good info)

Dreadlock
05-20-2004, 12:13 AM
If your not gonna bother reading the previous posts, then I don't think you have any business posting stuff without knowing whats going on. Its called ignorance.

Geez, I dont know, maybe it provides a basis for the translation of the stats/attributes to FFT form? Oh. Wait. Guess we didnt think of that did we?

Oh i thought there was plenty of reason for harsh words. Your comment was not needed and if you would have read the previous posts, you would have known that and maybe put in a few words that actually had any value. In other words, you were being an ASS.

I'd prefer that you didnt respond. Lets just leave it at that. This post was intended to create characters, not to banter away at each other.

So anyhow, any of you guys have any ideas on what sprite to use for Aaragorn? I was thinking an early form of Delita, before the golden armor.

BREAK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreadlock
05-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Its cool man. Dont sweat it.

FINNALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rase
05-20-2004, 01:45 AM
Wow, I forgot about this thread...

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-20-2004, 11:45 PM
I'll probably have a go at making some characters. Drizzt Do'Urden from Forgotten Realms would be kinda cool, for example.

Del Murder
05-22-2004, 05:50 AM
Please do not make comments in threads that ran their course months ago.