PDA

View Full Version : characters based off of celebs

alcatraz-ette
08-22-2003, 07:17 AM
hey, i know that squall was based off of none other that gackt. but are any of the other characters based off of celebrities?

Big D
08-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Well, Rinoa is modelled on a Japanese actress. I don't know the details - someone else posted them in a thread here, but that was a long time ago.
Anyway, here's her picture.

Mikage Aki
08-23-2003, 01:46 AM
Rinoa is based on a model who also plays Yuna's voice in FFX and FFX-2

Celes
08-23-2003, 08:50 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid, but who is Gackt? I never knew Squall was based on a real person. I always heard Rinoa was modeled after a Japanese actress, though. I saw your pic BigD, that does look like Rinoa!

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Gackt is a very popular Japanese singer. And for reference, Yuna's VA is Mayuki Aoki.

http://www.geocities.com/marsichi/index.html That's the only Gackt link I had on hand. I also heard rumors long ago that Squall was based on Leonardo Di Caprio. Ugh.

Celes
08-24-2003, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the link, Abominatrix. I definetly see the resemblance. I wonder if Seifer was modeled after anyone, if there is a real guy that looks like that he must be a hottie:cool:

alcatraz-ette
08-24-2003, 11:45 PM
(grumblegrumble) probably a married hottie (grumblegrumble)

TheAbominatrix
08-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Gackt isnt married, my knowledge. Not that anyone outside of gorgeous celebrities has a chance with him.

And you're welcome, Celes :D

Siwolae
08-27-2003, 10:15 AM
I wonder if Seifer was modeled after anyone, if there is a real guy that looks like that he must be a hottie

i'm guessing young Tom Cruise. ^^;

Ryethe
08-27-2003, 09:58 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Headmaster Cid is modeled after Robin Williams.

Flying Mullet
08-27-2003, 10:10 PM
I've heard the stories that different characters in games(especially FFVIII) are based on real life people. Is there any concrete evidence that they are based on people in real life like an interview with a developer? I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just curious. All I've ever heard are statements like, "Squall looks so much like Gackt that Squall must be based off of him". If anyone knows of any good references I would be very interested. It'd be an interesting read to see what makes a developer pick someone in the real world to model a character after.