PDA

View Full Version : FFT a game worth more credit

SoS.Atlerik
08-22-2003, 01:39 PM
FFT may be the funniest game I've ever played on any console or PC. I've finished the game and got all extra stuff you can 3 times now and I never get tired of it.
I think more people should open their eyes for games
like FFT. It may "just" be a 3D-Battlesystem-based game, but it has a wonderful story. And who wouldn't like to play games like FFT online, or just multiplayer?
I have a game called 'Kartia' which is a similar game to
FFT. It has a multiplayer system (2player), it's really not
that great but they've tried at least. Me and my brother
played some fun battles.

I want a sequel for FFT on GameCube! (or ps2), not on GBA damnit, and from what I've seen so far, FFTAdvance
seems like crap. Quote from Nintendo.com -> "You are not able to rotate the battlefield" <-- That's weird!!

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics was.............. funny? O_o I'd say more along the lines of "massively depressing." o_o

But I agree with your point that it didn't get the recognition it deserved. Easily one of the greatest games I've ever played, and I actually am looking forward to the GBA version. I don't understand how you couldn't. It's not going to be quite as massive as the first, but a portatable Tactics! What more could you ask for!?

Outsider
08-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I played Kartia and it's fun... But a game that is strategy-based that I would highly recommend is the good old Shining Force... I loved it. But FFTactics is surely the best of this kind of games.

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Oh, heeeeeeell yeah. Great choice in Shining Force. That was actually my favorite Genesis game of all time. Another good one would be Tactics Ogre, and there's this new game coming out in September for PS2 that's done similarly. Looks interesting. Called Disgaea or something.

SoS.Atlerik
08-22-2003, 10:43 PM
The biggest reason why I'm not looking forward to FFTA is that I don't own a GBA I guess.

Shining force? on PS? I'll give it a try maybe...

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV Great choice in Shining Force. That was actually my favorite GENESIS game of all time.

Yeah, I don't have a GBA either. Don't have the cash for it, so I'm just going to get the ROM. Not the biggest ROM fan, but it's better than no Tactics Advance-goodness.

SoS.Atlerik
08-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Sounds as a good idea. Where do you get those GBA emulators/roms?

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 11:34 PM
www.google.com

Just type in the name of the system and games you want, followed by "Emulator" and "Rom," respectively, and you should be good to go.

Meow
08-23-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
Final Fantasy Tactics was.............. funny? O_o I'd say more along the lines of "massively depressing." o_o

Though i would like to point out that the glaring mistranslations and typos made for some spectacular comic relief. "Defeat Dycedarg's Elder Brother!"

Originally posted by Kenshin IV
Just type in the name of the system and games you want, followed by "Emulator" and "Rom," respectively, and you should be good to go.

As long as you're looking for pr0n, that is. :p

Yes, i thought FFT was a great game. Though, i don't see why a lack of battlefield rotation in FFT:A is a big deal; Tactics Ogre is the same way, and it caused no problems for me.

Kenshin IV
08-23-2003, 02:01 PM
That's funny... because I just typed in "game boy advance emulator" into google, and, what-do-you-know, the first thing that comes up is a webpage for a Game Boy Advance Emulator! No pr0n, go fig. :p