PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get bored?

Xander
08-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Do you ever get bored of playing Final Fantasy and maybe go off it for a while or not play for ages....or do you plan to do loads of stuff but get bored and just carry on with/complete the game.

I seem to go through phases of playing it loads then not at all for a few weeks...

Today I was playing FFX since 9am this morning until about 7.45 pm :eep: Stopping to eat a bit of course.

But towards the end I started feeling kinda bored, I'm near the end of the game but levelling up, doing sidequests etc, but now I feel impatient like I might just go ahead and complete the game and get it finished.

I dunno maybe I've just been playing it too much... :mad:

Oh another thing, any tips of what I should play after I complete X? I, II, IV, V or VI.....?

Outsider
08-22-2003, 09:49 PM
6, 4 and 1, in that order.

Kenshin IV
08-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Yes, some Final Fantasy's do bore me. When I played Eight I couldn't wait to finish it for the sole reason of going back to Seven. I never even really completed Ten, because I just didn't care at all to get the secret crud. I quickly ran through the final dungeon (escpaing from every battle) and fought the final boss just so I could get that game over with.

After you're done with Ten, play Six. You'll be amazed at just how much better that game is. Hell, quit playing Ten right now and go start Six.

Xander
08-23-2003, 10:37 PM
I don't want to stop playing ten yet.. I really like it and anyway I don't think any of the ff's are *better* than another they are all different and people just like some better than others... but anyway personally I :love: X which is why I don't wanna finish it :cry: Hehe but I should one day..

I might play VI next, I played it before for about 18hrs or so but I started playing IX and then never went back to VI. I did like it so may start it again...

§håd0w
08-24-2003, 12:01 AM
ive got 500 hours on FFX now. And I did 19 straight without stopping to eat/drink or go to the bathroom. And if someone else out there did this but went to the bathroom without leaving the chair, then I concede to you.

Xander
08-24-2003, 01:18 AM
Haha. Well done you must be *the* ffx master.
I have 102. But I wanna see the end.. I've just got 5 of every monster in the arena and put break damage limit on Tidus, yay I'm so happy now I'm just trying to put break hp limit on Tidus and Wakka and then I might try and beat a few more monster arena creations or dark valefor but after that I think I'll just go to the end.

Good thing doing that I can always play it again and have loads left that I haven't done yet.
Which FF do you think I should play next Masamune? :D

§håd0w
08-24-2003, 02:49 AM
haha, all my friends call me that.

you should definately go for 7 or 9. probably the best 2 FF games in the series.

as for break hp limit. theres an easier way if u have unlocked nemesis. when u beat him u get a weapon w/ break damage or armor with break hp limit. its alot cheaper than bribing. and if u have a lot of gil, give great marlboro around 4 million and u should get about 30 wings to discovery. costs alot, but its quicker. umm... i think that was it. so happy gaming :D

Xander
08-24-2003, 12:03 PM
Oops, I've beaten VII and IX, (loved them both) forgot to say, said in first post though, so now it's between I, II, IV, V and VI. Not VIII right now since I let my ex bf keep it so until I buy it again...... :rolleyes2

I think I will probably go for VI, go down the series slowly..lol

I just about got break hp limit on Tidus but can't be bothered with Wakka I'm just impatient now and bored of running round the Omega Ruins waiting for mimics to get money from :eep: Plus I haven't unlocked Nemisis I've unlocked loads of things except for one species creation and about two originals...

Mr. Graves
08-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Well, I've just ended a long break from video games in general. This includes the FF series. So....yeah.

§håd0w
08-24-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Xander
Oops, I've beaten VII and IX, (loved them both) forgot to say, said in first post though, so now it's between I, II, IV, V and VI. Not VIII right now since I let my ex bf keep it so until I buy it again...... :rolleyes2

I think I will probably go for VI, go down the series slowly..lol

I just about got break hp limit on Tidus but can't be bothered with Wakka I'm just impatient now and bored of running round the Omega Ruins waiting for mimics to get money from :eep: Plus I haven't unlocked Nemisis I've unlocked loads of things except for one species creation and about two originals...

Then go for 6. Really good. As for $$$. If you have a lot of pendulum, then make a 4 slotted armor with Mater Theif ONLY. Your should get around 250,000 gil when u sell it

playaGAW
08-25-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by masamune1287
ive got 500 hours on FFX now. And I did 19 straight without stopping to eat/drink or go to the bathroom. And if someone else out there did this but went to the bathroom without leaving the chair, then I concede to you.

I'm not trying not to ho you or anythng but you must have no life to play a game that long without usingthe bathroom.

PhoenixAsh
08-25-2003, 04:52 AM
X got boring pretty quick for me. I'd recommend finishing it and going back though. The end boss is pointless if you've levelled up, and honestly I don't know if I'd have bothered finishing it if I'd done everything else. But I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I haven't even started on the Dark Aeons because I wanna know if it's worth it to steal from them or not.

VI kicks ass for the second half, the first half is a bit slow I thought.

Celes
08-25-2003, 07:46 AM
The first time I played ff9, I got bored at the part where you get to Burmecia, and I stopped playing it for about six months. Then I started playing again almost constantly until I beat it! It was a great game, it was slow at times but I loved the characters and the story. So far all of the ff games I have played (5-10) have been great. FF6 is my fave, ff7 I played almost nonstop as soon as I bought it, ff8 was the same way. I was late to work a few times playing ff8!
I really thought ff7 had something no other ff game has had since....a realism to it. In ff7, there were machines, computers, guns, big evil corporations, rich people, poor people, things you see in the world today. I think that's one of the reasons it appealed to me so much; It was easy to see yourself living in Cloud's world. The clothes, the way the characters acted, even the way the characters talked, the buildings and everything reminded me of the world today.

Inuyasha23
08-25-2003, 04:30 PM
bored, hahahahahaha you amuse me. I cant be bored by FF, i can be angered or annoyed or maybe even driven partly insane but no FF will ever bore me.
(unless its not translated)

§håd0w
08-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by playaGAW
I'm not trying not to ho you or anythng but you must have no life to play a game that long without usingthe bathroom.

lol. dude, you dont know the worst of it :D

Pancaek
08-26-2003, 01:39 AM
Yeah, of course I get bored with it. Too much of anything bores me. FF isn't like some almighty video game series with the power to enrapture all who play it forever. Sure, sometimes I can play it all day, but sometimes I can't.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-26-2003, 12:30 PM
I have FFIV , FFVII, FFIX and FF Tactics but I have played FF 1-9.

The Only Final Fantasy I still Play is FF Tactics.....That game just never gets boring......I take breaks for a few months somtimes but I always go Back....

Heres an interesting Formula.....

If #, 000 is the Number of hours I have spent on FF Tactics

and * is the Number of Really Close friends I have......

# > * -Which means I have played More Thousands of Hours of Final Fantasy Tactics Than I have Really Close Friends....

I have lots of friends But not That many Really Close ones.....

I just thought of that Formula thing yesterday though and it made me Laugh.....

Inuyasha23
08-26-2003, 03:32 PM
oooookay...um that was a little wierd.

but back on topic, there are so many FF how can you ever get bored???!!!!!!!!!
and with a couple hundred hours of play time a game they should hold you off for a while.

Outsider
08-26-2003, 06:05 PM
It depends on the FF.

When playing good FFs, like FF6, FF4, FFTactics... It seems that I just can't get bored.
Playing FF8 makes me bored in less than 10 minutes!

Leia
08-26-2003, 09:21 PM
No, I know exactly wot Xander means. For example I was playing X 4 the second time and I got 2 Yunalesca and then I just haven't played it again and that's happened a lot wi me but I thnk in the X case its because I want X-2 soooo bad!:D But I never get bored the first time I get an FF- you can't!

i90east
09-09-2003, 06:51 AM
The best way of enjoying any video game is moderation. Of course you're going to get bored and anxious. Your body wants to do something. If you're the type that doesn't go out much, at least go for a walk or something. Take breaks. Playing video games for extended periods of time are just going to put you in a trance. You'll feel like crap when it's over. You'll feel like you wasted a day. Go to school or get a full-time job. It's fun thinking about a game while you're out. The prize comes when you get home... you can play the game you've been thinking about all day. What a great thing that is. When life is too easy and you have too much free time, you're just wasting away and not getting any benefit from your experiences.

The whole point of this universe is to learn and be strengthened. Boredom comes from a lack of learning. This is absolute truth that is handed down to us.

Xander
09-09-2003, 12:04 PM
I go to college and work, I'm just lucky it's the holidays right now which is why I'm playing a lot :p After next week I'm gonna have a lot less gaming time :(

But yeah I did play FFX too much which is probably why I got a bit bored. I also started FFVI and got to just after the research center and began feeling bored, so I just started FFVII again :rolleyes2

I dunno I think it just depends what FF I feel like playing as well, and I just feel like playing VII now, even though I've beaten it once...

i90east, you should work in a church or something, that's a very good speech... :D *no offence*

i90east
09-10-2003, 09:00 PM
lol, thanks. Hopefully you'll feel like playing FFVI again, it's a great game. Enjoy your holiday.

Angel_Reaper
09-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Yeah i got bored with FF but i dont let my bordom stop me. I love the games too much esspecially 10 cause you can get your characters the way you want them. I guess people dont quite have the patience for it. :| BUt yeah i get bord with FF games but i only have 7-10 and chronicals so i dont have much variety :crying:

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 10:20 PM
if ya wanna play something cool,play ff3j(no,not ff6)
or ff6 or ff5,ff4 is so so,u could like it but then again u could not,ff1 shouldnt dissapoint you....however dont waste ur time at ff2j,u'll get bored just by looking at it

Angel_Reaper
09-13-2003, 10:38 PM
MagicKnight Locke, FF2 is not a good one to play. Boring you say. too bad. I was hoping to get it.:(

Rostum
09-14-2003, 12:13 AM
I've played mainly all FF's (Origins, FF6, FF7-FF10) about 2 times each game and that's enough for me. Sure when I've got spare time in the future and feeling like playing a deep RPG I may pull out an FF game and play it. But quite frankly I have no time for such things, what with my final years of school, uni and my girlfriend.

Originally posted by Angel_Reaper
MagicKnight Locke, FF2 is not a good one to play. Boring you say. too bad. I was hoping to get it.:(

Tis not true, it's a rather good game. Unless of course you're talking about FF4, in which I haven't played that one.

If you haven't yet got FF Origins, I say get it, it's great!

Angel_Reaper
09-14-2003, 02:09 AM
I havent played 1-3 5 or 6 yet. but i am playing 4 and it wasnt to bad of a game. But I havent finished it yet. So I dont know what type of a good ending it has. :boohoo: But has anyone played FF Anthology or however you spell it ? I woyuld like to know if its any good.

Thanx Mojo Pin I will get FF Origins hopefully soon and the others. :D So I can keep a all in my FF collection ~rubbs hands ~ :radred:

black orb
09-15-2003, 02:47 AM
>>> FF8, I played and beat it once and I already got bored of it..
ff6 and ff4, I didnt have the chance to beat them, I got bored just playing them..

eternalshiva
09-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Well, I have tendency to obssess over it and live and breathe FF then I get close to the end boss and WHAM I am stupendously bored of the game and I may finish it in a few weeks depending on my mood >.<

I feel the same with FF4,6 all boring BORING boring

§håd0w
09-22-2003, 07:13 PM
I bought FFIX the day it came out, played it once and didn't pick it back up for another 2 weeks because the intro was so lame. But once I got to the world map, it got better.