PDA

View Full Version : Money

jrgen
08-22-2003, 09:04 PM
i know that in most mmorpgs you have to pay around
50$ for the game and then monthly fees on 10-15$
Im assuming this will happen in FFXI.
how do they think people can afford that?
if the monthly fee is 10$ you would have to pay 120$ a year.
add that to the software price it would mean you have to pay 170$ to play the game for one year.

do you think its worth all that money?
why do they make these kinds of prices, can't they make games that normal people can afford?

maybe i got this whole thing wrong but it seems like an awful lot of money to me.

project_mayhem
08-23-2003, 03:41 AM
final fantasy for ps2 will probably end up being more expensive than that game will probably be 50 bucks unless the go eq style and sell it for 20

the hdd i've heard will be 150

and the game is gonna be 9.60 a month so.........

thats between 290 and 320 for a year.........

but if i can afford it i'll play it because its a ff game and a mmorpg how can it get any better..........except for maybe eq 2 but i wanan play on ps2 my computer sucks to bad to paly any good games

jrgen
08-23-2003, 02:31 PM
thats the propblem.
its a FF and i can't play it.
im so depressed.
im trying to look forward to ffx-2 instead.

inlineskating29
08-23-2003, 03:59 PM
actually the game has gone up it is around 12-13 dollars a month for one charecter and tetra masters

project_mayhem
08-23-2003, 03:59 PM
im sorry.... ff x-2 is comign out first and then hopefully it won';t be too logn tillw e get ff xii any ways im sorry you won't be ably to play.......

Ouch!
08-23-2003, 04:19 PM
The game itself is price somewhere between $40-$50, from my understanding.

It costs $12.95 a month, with $1 more for each additional character and another $1 more if you wish to play the card game, I don't suggest it. It's the one from FFIX, the one that sucked.

The HDD has not yet had a price set on it, but there have been talks of the game and the HDD coming in a bundle pack for around $70-$90. I'm leaning more on the lower side.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Well... Personaly I don't think its expensive at all....

But i HAVE A fREAKING job!!!!

$10 or even $15 a month is still less than having a subscription to some magazines and the Cheese of the month club is like $20 a month i think....

Pluss.....Whenever you get sick of the game.....Stop paying the damn bill......

Then if you decied you want to play again......Sign up again....

Anywhoo!! Its less than some magazine subscriptions and IMHO it will probably be the Greatest Final Fantasy So Far.....

jrgen
08-24-2003, 11:52 AM
i would probably afford it.
but if i pay all my money i feel like i need to play it even if i don't feel like it.
whats so special with MMORPGs? why can't you just pay for the software and remove the monthly fees?

Lionx
08-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Because if you played Starcraft, there are TONS of jerks there because it is free. I know free is good, but its just people there will generally not be good. Sure it will still have jerks but ALOT less. No swearing and the sort. MMORPGs are also more than the standard play SC and its over, its a community and everyone in there can affect it for the better or worst. And paying games usually have better communities. Server costs as well require alot of money and the GM team. Though i do wish they charge the same as the JP players, its not as bad as say some that are 15-20 dollars a month.

MMORPGs are unique with its players and well i guess you have to play one to see.

jrgen
08-24-2003, 09:19 PM
i think 50 bucks for the game is enough.
if you pay 50 bucks you want to play the game and not sabotage.

Lionx
08-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Starcraft was 50 bucks and free and look at hackers and jerks.

FiragO
08-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Well I don't know if I'm the only one who happened to notice, but sony no longer makes any final fantasies after they put out x-2 and XI. They sold all the rights to the game to nintendo, henceforth Crystal Chronicles. I'm not sure how far copyright laws go, but the only thing I can think of sony being able to do after their last two games would be for them to keep coming out with expansions for XI and maybe even sequels for other final fantasies they have made. But I'm not sure they are even allowed to do the sequels.

Inuyasha23
08-25-2003, 03:56 PM
i really dont care how mush its going to cost, i mean how many hours do you think you play in a week?

i play on an averadege any where from 14 to 20 hours a week. if you think its to expensive then your arent playing enough to make it worth your money so mabye its just not for you. i thingk i can play enough to make them plead for me to stop, mawhawhahahaha

jrgen
08-25-2003, 05:20 PM
i heard ffxii is going to be released on ps2, gcn and xbox

Lionx
08-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Um about the future FFs its best if u put in Gen FF forum and/or give sources so we can look into it ourselves too :)

i thingk i can play enough to make them plead for me to stop, mawhawhahahaha

They wont, they even say they dont want u to ignore everything IRL and therefore somewhere in teh agreement if you do, they arent liable. :p

Krystic_WLA
08-26-2003, 12:42 AM
oy since scholl started i will only have about 1-2 hours a night making that 5-8 hours of gameplay monday through Friday...then 4 hours on saturday and sunday! lol

CloudS_1
08-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Zaphier
The game itself is price somewhere between $40-$50, from my understanding.

Actually, it cost $53.49. I know b/c I just preordered it for PC today (and all with old trade in games at EB).

FiragO
08-26-2003, 01:56 AM
ermmm, about pre-ordering. are there any stores in america that pre-order it, like a actual big chain of stores (toys-r-us or best buy) and if so whats the price and do you get anything free, and if so what is the best. i think they should actually make extra characters more per month so people don't do the suicide thing, becuase i'm pretty sure that some people would pay a extra buck a month to get better weapons and more perks

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-26-2003, 10:44 AM
FiragO: i'm pretty sure that some people would pay a extra buck a month to get better weapons and more perks

Yup... I would...erm...Will be....Plan on having a few Character right from the beggining so no one can swipe the names I want....

Rostum
08-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by FiragO
Well I don't know if I'm the only one who happened to notice, but sony no longer makes any final fantasies after they put out x-2 and XI. They sold all the rights to the game to nintendo, henceforth Crystal Chronicles. I'm not sure how far copyright laws go, but the only thing I can think of sony being able to do after their last two games would be for them to keep coming out with expansions for XI and maybe even sequels for other final fantasies they have made. But I'm not sure they are even allowed to do the sequels.

Sony don't make FF games, Square-Enix do.

raidenn
08-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Contact us at igames.org and we'll direct you to the closest participating game center. Better do it soon since this would end on Sept 13. Sign up here.
http://www.igames.org/Events.asp?Event=1419

FiragO
08-28-2003, 11:00 PM
originally posted by mojo pin Sony don't make FF games, Square-Enix do.

der, der, der, you freakin retard, i'm sure everyone knows what i'm talking about and yes square-enix does make final fantasy........FOR GAMECUBE

project_mayhem
08-29-2003, 04:40 AM
final fantasy tactics advanced = GBA
final fantasy x-2 = ps2
final fantasy crystal cronicles = game cube
final fantasy xi = ps2, pc
final fantasyxii = ps2

Rostum
08-29-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by FiragO
der, der, der, you freakin retard, i'm sure everyone knows what i'm talking about and yes square-enix does make final fantasy........FOR GAMECUBE

What are you trying to say? I don't understand. I stated that Square-Enix (And Squaresoft) make the Final Fantasy games. I never said that they didn't make any for Nintendo, because they have in the past and are making one for Gamecube and GBA.

This is what you have said "but sony no longer makes any final fantasies after they put out x-2 and XI" and I was stating that they don't make them, Square (Wether it'd be Squaresoft or Square-Enix) do.

Shlup
08-29-2003, 05:40 AM
FiragO, I'm sorry someone pointed out an error that you made, but that was just so rude. And, since its flaming, and flaming is agianst the rules, this is your first official warning. Congrats.

FiragO
08-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Ok i'm sorry for flaming. That was bad day for me. I know that was what you were saying, i'm just retarded most of the time so i don't recognize my own mistakes. What I was trying to say is that there has been official statements that there are going to be no more official installments (after x-2 and xi) made for playstation.

Rostum
08-30-2003, 10:36 AM
May I ask where the sources for your information are? I know they have made a couple of FF games for Nintendo lately, but I'm sure it doesn't mean that they've made it their sole console to use. Unless I've missed something.

BTW, you must've known what you were saying, anyone would have.