PDA

View Full Version : why is this so much like ff5?

Flare_Star
08-22-2003, 10:33 PM
i dont get this but this game is sooooo much like ff5.

theres a man called cid (which can be forgiven because theres a cid in every game)

Necron uses grand cross, as does X-death.

same fanfare music (second part when you get all the experience and things)

Gilgamesh is in both

any more? thats all i can think of at the moment.

Flying Mullet
08-22-2003, 10:42 PM
The programmers always put references to the other gamesin the series in the newest game. FFV might have similar music because the games all tend to have similar battle win music. Also IX feels like the older games in the series because that was their intent when they made it.

Also, may I ask, how many of the games in the series have you played? Many people play the later ones and are surprised to see the similarities to the older games, not realizing that they are quite common.

ShadyMilkman
08-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Wasn't FFIX made to be Old School? Even the back of the case says so. Ahhh, nostalgia.

Flying Mullet
08-22-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
Wasn't FFIX made to be Old School? Even the back of the case says so. Ahhh, nostalgia.

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Also IX feels like the older games in the series because that was their intent when they made it.

Kenshin IV
08-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Nine was supposed to be a throw back to classic RPGs, but I don't really think it resembled Five outside of a few names. But, then again, all the Final Fantasy's have similar names for characters and items.

Big D
08-23-2003, 04:08 AM
If you've played both FFV and IX, you might've noticed that Kuja's theme is merely a re-hashed version of the Desert Temple music from FFV.

Sefie1999AD
08-23-2003, 10:04 AM
FF9 has lots of references to past FFs and even other Squaresoft games. This is the first time I've heard that it resembles FF5. I've heard that it resembles FF6, and I myself think it's more like FF4, but I didn't think it's like FF5.

Cid isn't such a big deal because every FF from 2-10 use a character called Cid. The name of Necron's Grand Cross might be from FF5, but the animation looks more like from FF7 or FF8 (a spell that involves many planets). The fanfare music similar to FF9's is used in FFs 1-6. Gilgamesh has also appeared in FF8. I can't remember if he was in FF6 as well.

But if you asked for similarities, here's one: There's two worlds, and a villain character (Exdeath or Garland) tries to merge them into one. Although Exdeath did that to unseal the Void and Garland did that to give Gaia's souls to Terra's people. FF9 also has a summon called Atomos, which was a boss in the tower where Zeza dies. In both games, the final boss will try to destroy all reality, Neo Exdeath by sucking everything into the Void, Necron by turning everything into the Zero World.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm too tired to write more right now.

Mr. Graves
08-24-2003, 02:23 PM
I don't think FF9 was similar at all to FF5, either. FF5 was teh 1337 Final fantasy, whereas this one is my least favorite of the series.

Flare_Star
08-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
Cid isn't such a big deal because every FF from 2-10 use a character called Cid.

yeah well i kinda mentioned that in my first post.

FFV might have similar music because the games all tend to have similar battle win music.

i said the bit after when they get experience and things

and we are talkin about ff5 here not the others

Originally posted by Big D
If you've played both FFV and IX, you might've noticed that Kuja's theme is merely a re-hashed version of the Desert Temple music from FFV.

thats exactly what i want. thanks, Big D :)

Flying Mullet
08-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Flare_Star

FFV might have similar music because the games all tend to have similar battle win music.
i said the bit after when they get experience and things

and we are talkin about ff5 here not the others
Yes, the battle win music is when they get experience and things. This music is similar in all of the Final Fantasies. And mymain point is that all of the Final Fantasies have a lot of similar points, not just FFV and FFIX. It's common in all of the games in the Final Fantasy series and not limited to any one or two.

Flare_Star
08-26-2003, 12:39 PM
yes but i thought that ff5 was the most similar.

but hey, you all have your own opinions