PDA

View Full Version : Necron or Kuja?

ShadyMilkman
08-23-2003, 01:34 AM
Who was even more visually disappointing?... To me, Necron seemed like he coulda been reeeeeeeally tight. But he was like, chucked in at the end of the game in an extremely pathetic fashion. He had true potentional too. tch tch tch.

Sapphire
08-24-2003, 07:14 PM
I was not dissappointed either way. :love:
..well, maybe Necron was a little bit dissappointing.. ><;;;

Kenshin IV
08-25-2003, 02:47 AM
Necron was the lamest final boss I have ever seen in an RPG. Had the lamest name, too (I believe his name in the Japanese version was Eternal Darkness, which is a hellova lot cooler, but I could be wrong). Not only did he look incredibly stupid, but he didn't make any sense! He came out of nowhere, quoted some line (I forget which) from Star Wars, and started fighting you. They don't really explain why he's fighting you, he's just evil like that. Necron had no reason to be in that game. Kuja should have just transformed into some big-ass thing like every other Final Fantasy, and that should have been the final boss.
The only final boss that even comes close to being as lame as he was, was the final boss from Xenosaga.

...I said "final boss" way too many times in this post...

FINAL BOSS!

Citizen Bleys
08-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Lamest name honors go to ExDeath from FF5.

Inuyasha23
08-25-2003, 04:12 PM
plz, this isnt even a tough one kuja looked gay the whole game. even more so after after he wnt into his trance form.

Edit by Bleys: We have nifty [spoiler] tags for that. Thanks for trying, though ;)

Heath
08-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys

Yes, and Necron also had ExDeath's Grand Cross attack.

Flare_Star
08-25-2003, 09:17 PM
trance kuja. i mean you are about to fight the ultimate death dude in the game (or think you are supposed to. *wink*) and he is some little guy in a thong who is no bigger than any of your characters. and his music is just some new version of desert pyramids from ff5. though it is really cool

*promptly votes*

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Necron's existence is perfectly explained right before you fight him. I'd sort it out for you here, but I've done just that so many times over the last almost-three years that I think I'll take a break just once.

Kenshin IV
08-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Except it was pointless and he had no reason to be in the game at all. Remove Necron entirely and the game doesn't change one bit.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. XD I believe that was due to the extreamly horrible translation of that game, though. His name in the Anime was Exodus or something, which is pretty fookin' cool.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 01:46 AM
You just can't touch the fact that Kuja was one sexy beast. Even more than his brother Zidane... And when he entered trance!!!!! SWEET MOTHER OF CHRIST!!!!! I think I went crazy:D

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 02:22 AM
Okay Masamune. If you are a guy, you are completely gay. If you are a chick, you must be half lesbian because Kuja was more feminine than Dagger and Beatrix put together. Or, you could have been really drunk when you posted that. Or you were (and I pray that this is the answer...) just kidding around.

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 02:47 AM
I liked Kuja. He's not a Sephiroth or a Kefka, not by a long shot, but I liked his character and story. He looks more feminine than your normal bad guy just because that's the way Amano (maybe the greatest artist Japan has to offer) draws. I mean, look at Kefka! But I'm sure you're not making fun of Amano's art, right? : |

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 02:48 AM
Art, no. White-headed guy in a man-thong, yes.

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 02:55 AM
*dies laughing* Yeah, I can't argue that. Still though, I can honestly say Kuja didn't bother me one bit.

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 02:57 AM
wouldn't say it "bothered" me... I tried not to pay attention. It was just a bit disturbing. thats all. but he did have a pimped out story. I said Visually disappointing.. I loved Kuja's character, just not his animation.

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Eh, nothing about Kuja bothered me, including his design. Story wise, and design wise, he wasn't great, but I did like him. Nothing about Nine was really "great" ('cept for Vivi. He owns you!). Just good, and enjoyable.

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 03:02 AM
actually there was two things that were great. the chocobos and Quina.

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 03:04 AM
Oh God, I loathed Quina. Even more than Selphie, and that's saying a LOT.

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 03:07 AM
Alright, now we're gonna fight! Quina was pimp!! He was the strongest character in the whole game. and why don't we just IM.. these constant emails every 10 seconds are driving me nuts

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 03:09 AM
You can take that off you know. Also, I don't think they ever really mentioned what Quina's gender was. =P

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 03:13 AM
The emails are convenient. And his gender doesn't matter. He'd still kick Zidane's munky tailed but. I took Ozma at level 65 using Quina by himself. So, ha! I win, you lose, get used to it! lol

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 03:15 AM
qeena iz teh stooped!!11 >=(

:O

Zidane wasn't my favorite, either, but he was okay. The only characters I really liked were Vivi and Garnet.

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 03:17 AM
What the mother buncha words does teh mean???? and Munky-Boy is tooped! not Quina. Quina is Pimp. Lemme spell it for you: P-I-M-P!!!

Pucca
08-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
Necron was the lamest final boss I have ever seen in an RPG. Had the lamest name, too He came out of nowhere, quoted some line (I forget which) from Star Wars, and started fighting you. They don't really explain why he's fighting you, he's just evil like that. Necron had no reason to be in that game.

HA! Someone finally shares the same views on that crappo-jenovawannabe-lastminute-lameo!!
He quoted that line Yoda says from Star Wars-

'Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate.....
LEADS TO SUFFERING!!!' *Cue for Yoda to die*

He has no reason at all to bust on in at the end like that. I thought I had completed that freakin game!

He wasn't even challenging! I busted his lame ass in a few turns!

I think there was some lame reason for him to fight us, but hey, he just made it up! I had no relevence to the rest of the story.

Point of rant- LAME=NECRON!!!!!!!
:mad2: :hot: :exdee:

Leia
08-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
Necron was the lamest final boss I have ever seen in an RPG. Had the lamest name, too He came out of nowhere, quoted some line (I forget which) from Star Wars, and started fighting you. They don't really explain why he's fighting you, he's just evil like that. Necron had no reason to be in that game.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pucca
HA! Someone finally shares the same views on that crappo-jenovawannabe-lastminute-lameo!!
He quoted that line Yoda says from Star Wars-

'Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate.....
LEADS TO SUFFERING!!!' *Cue for Yoda to die*

He has no reason at all to bust on in at the end like that. I thought I had completed that freakin game!

I think there was some lame reason for him to fight us, but hey, he just made it up! I had no relevence to the rest of the story.
:mad2: :hot: :exdee:

Woo-hoo go on people! Tell it like it is! I have nothing to add because these two have said it all for me- Nectron sucks! :mog:
However, he did have great fighting music! (but sadly that was it!)

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
Okay Masamune. If you are a guy, you are completely gay. If you are a chick, you must be half lesbian because Kuja was more feminine than Dagger and Beatrix put together. Or, you could have been really drunk when you posted that. Or you were (and I pray that this is the answer...) just kidding around.

Two things:

First... Biggot... Nuff said...
Second... You obviously haven;t learned the meaning of sarcasm.

Yes I am a guy, and if I was gay... whats it to you? I remember getting after YunaKnight for the same damn reason. If you are a homophobe, try to keep those feelings out of this forum. I bet you have a friend who is gay and you don't know it. What would you do then?

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Homophobe, no. And you must be the one who doesn't understand sarcasm. I figured you were kidding. If I honestly thought you really found Kuja sexy or whatever, I wouldn't have posted that. Can't we just all get along?

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Once I see a flame fest starting up, I don't even bother to read the rest of the post/thread. But since it involved me.. I had to respond, but now that I read the rest of your post... the nevermind. Sorry I retaliated so fast.

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 11:16 PM
What's a flame? If it has to do with being angry, I'm not. Im just fine. I was looking for a healthy laugh or two ou of this post, not getting accused of homophobia. Lemme clear things. I'm not homophobic. I just think Kuja and Necron look funny. Thats all. And people stop telling me how much Necron didn't belong in the game. That wasn't the point. It was which one LOOKED worse. Kuja's character and plotline were good. jsut think he looked.... strange. I just have problems with guys in thongs, thats all.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
What's a flame? If it has to do with being angry, I'm not. Im just fine. I was looking for a healthy laugh or two ou of this post, not getting accused of homophobia. Lemme clear things. I'm not homophobic. I just think Kuja and Necron look funny. Thats all. And people stop telling me how much Necron didn't belong in the game. That wasn't the point. It was which one LOOKED worse. Kuja's character and plotline were good. jsut think he looked.... strange. I just have problems with guys in thongs, thats all.

Ight.. as long as we have that cleared up we should be cool. And as for a flame.. how can I put it...

Let's use this scenario...

-John: I think that Quina had the best magic because ....
-Bob: No s/he didn't. Your just a f**k, you don't know anything. Dagger's magic was so much better.
-Earl: Your both wrong, and you both suck. Vivi could rape your ass with flare...

I think you get the idea

ShadyMilkman
08-27-2003, 11:28 PM
Hahahahahahaha! That is the greatest thing I have ever heard. I'd love to see that conversation in person!!! Well then, so nobody likes Necron? I thought he coulda been really pimped out. As good or better than Jenova. Maybe as cool as Ultimecia (granted I spelled that right) bu he was so mis-used. Makes me wanna cry, how bad they presented him when had potential out the bum. Tch tch tch. What are we gonna do with those storyline ediitors or whoever abused him like that.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 11:33 PM
It's a shame that he was introduced in the final battle. and as for that conversation, you could probably check some of the threads in the General Archive (all closed for a reason) but they have happened before, don't worry. The same with the crystals, it says on the case "The Crystals Return" but you don't learn about them until you fight Trance Kuja and Necron. I would've liked him more if he had a decent part in the game. And I'm off to do some marathon driving (seeing as I finally got my learner's permit after 4 months of slacking off) later people

Holy Lancer
02-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Necron, he was a statue, one that can kick you ass though!

Zeromus_X
02-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Well, since this is a nostalgia game, It figures that they would use a Cloud of Darkness/Zeromus/X-Death type of Deus ex Machina final boss. I don't see how you can complain, Necron's theme is one of most awesome final boss themes I've ever heard XD.

Edit: Oh my gosh, he does look like an Oscar Award loL

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-28-2006, 04:40 AM
My God this thread is terrible. Did people really this pathetic 2 years ago?

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Please do not revive 3-year old threads.

The Devourer Of Worlds, those comments are uncalled for and will not be tolerated.