PDA

View Full Version : Which FF game (before X) had a sequel (sort of)?

SuperPac
08-23-2003, 05:51 AM
So which one is it?

m4tt
08-23-2003, 07:01 AM
Uhm.. None?

SuperPac
08-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Ah, but that would be where you're wrong. I'll post the correct answer in a day or two...

m4tt
08-23-2003, 07:19 AM
The only thing that would be close to a sequel would be FFIX, just because it mentions things from other games.

But no way is it a sequel of any kind.

SuperPac
08-23-2003, 07:24 AM
I don't mean anything like that. Do your research...

Man, this is odd, knowing something that one of Cid’s Knights doesn’t know… Wow, I feel special. I’ll post the answer tomorrow, so you can find out then…

m4tt
08-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Just because I'm a Cid's Knight doesn't mean I am a FF MASTAR!!!!1 Don't feel too special. ;)

TheAbominatrix
08-23-2003, 07:54 AM
I hope you arent refering to that brief cg sequence of VI, seeing as it isnt a sequel in any way.

PhoenixAsh
08-23-2003, 09:03 AM
I'm guessing VII with Ergheiz.

Radje
08-23-2003, 11:55 AM
Don't get all high and mighty :) Your info could be false.

TheAbominatrix
08-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Actually no it couldnt. The sequence was made before Square even went with Sony, if I remember right. Regardless, it was a long time ago. It was meant to demonstrate the capabilities of their 3-d graphics, and if it was a squeal there's no way Terra could summon, and Shadow wouldnt be there.

Spatvark
08-23-2003, 12:59 PM
I know there was someone doing a lot of work on a sequel to FF6, but that wouldn't be official so it doesn't count. Of course, there's Final Fantasy Legend 1, 2 and 3, not to mention Final Fantasy Adventure whose sequel was Secret of Mana, but I'm thinking none of those are what you're looking for. There was the FF5 anime set after the game, but since it's not another game, it doesn't count as a sequel. Final Fantasy Tactics has two sequels in a way, though I don't suppose anyone would really count FFTA or Vagrant Story as true sequels, especially the latter.

In other words, I'm pretty stumped to be honest because I'm sure Squaresoft have never done sequels to any of their main Final Fantasy games before FFX-2 =S

TheAbominatrix
08-23-2003, 01:02 PM
I think that was a prequel, Spatty. If we're thinking of the same group. Fierce Legends Software is the one I'm thinking of.

Kenshin IV
08-23-2003, 02:15 PM
The answer has already been given. Cograts to Gau, for his answer of none is indeed the correct one. I have no idea where you got your sources from, but there are NO direct sequels (no even remote sequles) to any of the individual games. More likely than not, you're thinking about Legend of the Crystal, which takes place 200 some-odd years after Five, but (as someone mentioned before) since it's not a game, I wouldn't really consider it a "sequel." Just a way to capitalize on the success of a very poopular game. If you want to be litteral about it, everything past One is a direct sequel to One.

inlineskating29
08-23-2003, 04:06 PM
i agree no seg but i viewd results and it said ff7

but there is no seq

Spatvark
08-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I think that was a prequel, Spatty. If we're thinking of the same group. Fierce Legends Software is the one I'm thinking of.

I know Vagrant Story is definitely set AFTER Final Fantasy Tactics, though I have no idea as to when FFTA is set, or it's real relation to FFT.

If you're referring to the anime, then read Kenshin IV's post. S/he's got it bang on there.

And I know I'm damn right about Legends and Adventure, so that means you probably meant the FF6 sequel. Ah well, I'll be the first one to admit, I know very little about it so you may well be right, or there may be multiples, but either way, they're not official so it doesn't count =P

TheAbominatrix
08-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Yeah I meant the VI sequel, sorry for not specifying. I wouldnt know the rest... heck, I didnt even know FFT and VA were related.

The only 'quel' for VI i know of is the one by Fierce Legends, and their site's been down for a while. And it's not official, regardless.

Spatvark
08-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Yeah, VS is definitely set in teh same world as FFT, I know that for a fact. For example, FFT is narrated by one A. J. Durai, son of one of the main characters; a "quote" of his is featured in the intro of VS, and a lot of items refer back to FFT's main characters, e.g. Agrias, Cid, and several others. A lot of people would claim this to be just coincidence, but go read their descriptions and you'll see what I mean =P

EDIT: Found THIS (http://ffwa.org/news/21-01-2003.html) article on FF:WA about the FF6 Prequel =D?

SuperPac
08-23-2003, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I had meant FF5. The anime Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles is a sequel that takes place some time afterward. And notice that I said "of sorts?" Yeah, it was a sequel, and I thought I made it clear that I didn't necessarily mean a game...

m4tt
08-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by SuperPac
So which one is it?

Ah, but that would be where you're wrong. I'll post the correct answer in a day or two...

I don't mean anything like that. Do your research...

Man, this is odd, knowing something that one of Cid’s Knights doesn’t know… Wow, I feel special. I’ll post the answer tomorrow, so you can find out then…

I see nothing about anime, or anything about it not being a game.. :rolleyes2

And you really should not feel special now, because I think anime is lame, and I do not watch any of it. :) Well.. I watched an episode of Final Fantasy Unlimited, but that's it!!

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2003, 02:09 AM
Yeah, that anime was the worst thing I've ever seen, really. And I've seen a lot in my day.

SuperPac
08-24-2003, 03:13 AM
Yeah, and I meant Legend of the Crystal, not Crystal Chronicles... I was confused...

And okay, so the anime sucks, I haven't actually seen it; I just read the back of the box, and saw that it continued the story of FFV, albeit many, MANY years later.

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't feel special because YOU think anime is lame, but I do feel special that I knew about it and you didn't. And ya know what, I feel really special, because I am more willing to broaden my horizons (into things such as anime)... Ah, okay, I'm kidding. But seriously, if you see something like "Grave Of The Fireflies," or maybe watch "Lupin," then you might like it. I just wish they'd come out with a good Final Fantasy series...

Is FFU any good?

m4tt
08-24-2003, 04:15 AM
FFU was okay, I had the untranslated version with the subtitles. The person who did the voice for the little girl had the most ANNOYING voice in the world.

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2003, 04:21 AM
I do like Grave of the Fireflies, and Lupin, and a lot of other anime. The Crystals anime was crapola though. I havent seen FFU, or a lot of the newer anime coming out. It does have beautiful music though.

Inuyasha23
08-25-2003, 04:36 PM
your all wrong the correct answer is FFT.
(this answer will include spoilers)
When you get worker 8 with mistodios help Cloud from final fantasyVII comes out and then he goes to a town with a flower girl named aries. after you go through many cut scenes and convince cloud to join you he still thinks he is a member of soldier which doest exist in any game(and its not mentioned either) other than FF7 which makes FFT the oly game which is a sequal for Cloud Strife.

m4tt
08-25-2003, 04:42 PM

Cloud being in FFT doesn't make it a sequal. Is Kingdom Hearts a sequal because Cloud, Aerith, Squall, and Yuffie are in it? No.

TheAbominatrix
08-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Besides, if it were a sequel, Aeris would be dead. Cloud, Tifa, Vincent and I believe Sephiroth are in Ergheiz. OMFG it must be a sequel too! [/sarcasm].

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-26-2003, 12:25 AM
There's really absolutely nothing not to like about Legend of the Crystals.