PDA

View Full Version : 8 Dragons Question

~Zodiac~
08-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Hey guys, I got a little question bugging me, yoú all know that there are 8 dragons in FFVI (If you didn't: Where the hell have you been with ya head O_o).

But anyways I know that the last two dragons are in Kefka's Tower, But I need the Water Dragon in The Ancient Castle.

- I got Odin already

I heard there is a switch or something but can't seem to find it >.< I tried GameFAQs already but there isn't a real faq containing an EXPLAINED guide which says where all the dragons are (It's more like: Fire dragon in Phoenix Cave, so I still didn't know where to search :S) Well If anyone can help me plz do ^_^. Thnx in advance :D

Strider
08-23-2003, 09:24 PM
Alright, well, from where you found Odin in the castle, go down five or so steps and press A. If you don't get it the first time, step in one direction (up or down) and keep pressing A until you hear a trigger. Then go back to where you found the Queen's Diary, and there'll be a staircase that will lead you down to the Water Dragon.

The Man
08-24-2003, 01:13 AM
I'd recommend you not upgrade Odin until you've leveled up your characters' Speed as much as you want it, since Odin is the only way to raise Speed in the entire game.

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2003, 02:18 AM
Move down five steps from the throne, to clear that up.

Dignified Pauper
08-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Somewhere in the game, not sure where, i think it's the queen's diary... It says "When the queen takes five steps from the throne..." Or someting of that nature. then a staircase is revealed to the right in the throne room i believe.

GogoTheMimic
08-24-2003, 03:02 AM
Yes, the Queen's Diary is in room off to the right, it's also where the staircase appears. The book will having a twinkling thingy a la the save points. It shouldn't be too hard to find...

TheAbominatrix
08-24-2003, 03:09 AM
I dont think it's the Queen's Diary that has the instructions though. It's another peice of text that the scholars at the Figaro Castle library speak of, not the diary.

Doomgaze
08-24-2003, 07:02 AM
Ignore The Man, since naturally levelling up without paying any attention at all to stat bonuses is more than enough to crush Kefka like a bug.

~Zodiac~
08-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Thnx Guys ^_^, I forgot the Queen's Diary, had it but didn't understand it, but now you mentioned it, it makes sense. *Zodiac feels like a complete idiot*. Thnx again guys, thnx to you I can get one of my last summons ^_^

The Man
08-24-2003, 11:12 PM
It is enough to crush Kefka like a bug, true, but it takes even less time to crush him if you get the stat bonuses ;)

~Zodiac~
08-25-2003, 09:50 AM
To be honest.....I never use Summons >.< Rather use Physical hits. And I don't worry about Kefka at all actually :p Cyan will whoop his @$$ :rolleyes2 Cyan has Bismark on his side for quite some time now and you all know it has +2 strength when you level up :p So his vigor is 109 now :rolleyes2 So.....I think you know what his Quadro Slice costs by now *Zodiac Whistles*. And then I have Sabin and Edgar by my side for other hard moves. Sabin's Pummel (Easy, Fast and Painfull) and Edgars Chainsaw/Drill, If those 3 each get a turn I can do upto 58.000 - 60.000 damage a turn and that's without Terra having a turn ;). I'm not saying I have the best team there is, but I can do some damage ^_^

i90east
08-29-2003, 06:48 AM
Ah, but have you ever had Quadra Slam (yes, #4) do 9999 damage per hit? Get him to level 99 and he does that :whoa:

Kefka is so easy, Relm could probably beat him solo :laugh:

The Man
08-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Relm has the best starting magic power in the game, actually, so I've no doubt that she could. :)