PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with weapons

§håd0w
08-23-2003, 10:27 PM
Was anyone else disappointed with the lack of weapon creativity? What I mean is, there were 4 to 7 different looks for each character's weapons. Whereas in previous FF games, no two weapons looked the same. Cloud had a full line of swords, each unique in its own way. Now... Tidus gets Brotherhood, and later when you can get the Excalibur it looks EXACTLY like the original Brotherhood (Before waterstrike was added.) The Caladbolg also looks similar to Lightning Steel. It's the same weapon, but with a different colorway. I know there were many weapons in FFx, but the fact that there are only a limited amount of designs pissed me off.

Tidus
Swords: 7 designs
Shields: 5

Yuna
Staves: 6
Rings: 5

Wakka
Blitzballs: 6
Armguards: 5

Lulu
Dolls: 6
Bangles: 5

Kimahri
Spears: 6
Armlets: 5

Auron
Swords: 5
Bracers: 4

Rikku
Claws: 5
Targes: 4

Kinda pathetic... isn't it? :mad:

soulICE
08-24-2003, 03:50 AM
yeah i was annoyed by that too. for awhile i had the avenger on tidus which was pretty good (i didnt like the look of it, yano the yellow unpointed sword design), but after finally getting all the items i needed i made (what i thought) was a GREAT weapon for him, with the triple AP, triple overdrive, overdrive-->AP abilities and it became Save the Queen. foolishly thinking back to FF9's Save the Queen i thought it would look good and unique. i was horribly dissapointed when i got into battle and it looks... THE SAME. bahh.. i wanted to cry. owell. i dont really pay attention to their armor, but i did notice the same weapons designs being used over and over.. and was dull. :mad: