PDA

View Full Version : Limit Breaks

crescent_wish
08-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Is there some kind of logic to the Limit Breaks? I mean, do you need to use a limit a certain amount of times to gain the next one?

I'm asking because I'm training my characters by Limit Breaks (makes training a lot less boring). I've gained Aeris's Breath of the Earth, but I've kept her on Level One so I can use Healing Wind (and also because she can use her limit break faster), but I've taken her up five levels and she still hasn't learned the next one, while everyone else has completed their Level 2 stage. Do I have to have Aeris on Level 2 in order to learn the next one? I don't want to do that because all my characters are on Fury status, and I don't want to keep buying Hypers to get it back.

Also, one time I was training Tifa and I got Dolphin Blow (Level 3) before I'd even got Meteodrive, which is on Level 2.

...How does that work???

DarkNation
08-24-2003, 12:16 AM
To get the second limit on a certain level you have to use the first limit on that level enough times (generally 8). To get on to the next limit level with a character, that character has to have killed a certain amount of bad guys ( generally 80, but sometimes with aeris its 60 and with cloud it even goes up to 120 i believe).

ShadyMilkman
08-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Dude, I might be wrong. But, I'm pretty sure that you can neverf learn Meteodrive now.

Numisma
08-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
Dude, I might be wrong. But, I'm pretty sure that you can neverf learn Meteodrive now.

that is a load of bull. Meteodrive will be learned once Tifa has done Waterkick enough times.

DarkNation said things really well. also, there are a couple times in the game when Cloud specifically talks about learning new limits...

this is how it works...

there are 4 levels of limits for everyone (except Cait Sith). the first 3 level are attainable by your battle experiences, while the level 4 limit per character is attainable via some special item. except for Vincent (only 4 limits, 1 per level), your character has 2 limit breaks per first 3 levels. you start out with the first limit break on level 1. you gain the "advanced" limit break per level by using your more simple one a few times, usually between 5 and 8. you gain the first limit break for level 2 after your character has finished off a certain number of enemies, usually 80 or so, and then the first limit break for level 3 after finishing off another big batch of enemies. and for your level 4 limit break, you must have the special item (Final Heaven, Cosmo Memory, Chaos, etc) and "use" it on your character once s/he has all other possible limit breaks.

ShadyMilkman
08-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Calm down dude. I said I wasn't sure. I thought that once you learn a limit in another level, you can't learn the second limit no matter what. I'm not sure if it applies to FF7. I wrote that really quick too. Don't get all antsy. And who knows, I may be right. And if I'm wrong, that all the better, right? We are all friends here. Lets not go psycho.;)

Max
08-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Yep meteodrive can be learned I have it.;)

ShadyMilkman
08-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Okay, so even if you learn Limit1 of the next Level, you can still learn Limit2 of the first? Spiffy.

Numisma
08-26-2003, 03:31 AM
yeah. pretty spiffy. my first time playing FF7, i had Meteorain LONG before i had Climhazzard. of course, for a competely different reason, but it still does happen. i just didn't really figure out how to change one's limit level until i was already at level 36 or so with my characters. see, i thought that ALL possible limit breaks that a character has at the time would be displayed in the drop menu, not just the 1 or 2 for the particular level according to the current settings. oi.

BG-57
08-26-2003, 01:26 PM
I'd like to add that HP <-> MP materia makes it easier for characters to acheive limit breaks so you can get the second limit break for each level very quickly. Of course you get it so late in the game, it's usefulness is limited....

ShadyMilkman
08-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Ha! HP<->MP...useful??? hahahaha, I hate that thing. I find it abslutely pointless. Does anybody ever really use it?