PDA

View Full Version : Real Emotion and 1000 Words in English; Koda Kumi this Time!

ChibiInuYasha
08-24-2003, 01:10 AM
That's right!!! www.ffx2.net Go there now!!! It's only 32 second demos but hey. And I must say I was truly disappointed. I understood the japanese version better than I do the english ones and I'm not even fluent in japanese! Real Emotion has little to no emotion that the Japanese Version had and I can barely understand one word of 1000 Words. Nothing against Koda because she's a beautiful singer (in her native language!) They might as well have left it in japanese! ><

Kenshin IV
08-25-2003, 03:04 AM
Maybe you thought the Japanese version had more emotion to it, because you aren't fluent in Japanese, and therefor can't really tell if the song had any emotion in it anyway.

And why are there two of these threads?

Eh, doesn't matter. That song sucked no matter what language you listen to it in.

Roogle
08-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Well, I originally had this thread closed, but it seems they're not THAT alike. This one has to do with the fact that there are English clips, and the other one just talks about how Koda Kumi WILL sing the English versions.

ChibiInuYasha
08-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Maybe you thought the Japanese version had more emotion to it, because you aren't fluent in Japanese, and therefor can't really tell if the song had any emotion in it anyway.

And why are there two of these threads?

Eh, doesn't matter. That song sucked no matter what language you listen to it in.
I was refering to to fact that I think Koda Kumi sounds awful singing in english.

Kenshin IV
08-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Ahhh, yeah, not many Japanese singers can sing well in English. It takes a real talented singer to be able to sing well in different languages.

Madonna
08-28-2003, 07:55 AM
Aw, Engrish has its own charm. :|

ChibiInuYasha
09-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Well I've heard the full versions of both now I after you listen to them repeatedly for an hour trying to force yourself to like them, they're not so bad. Everytime I listen, I figure out another word. I'm curious to see how KK is gonna do on her voice acting for Lenne in the NA version. :goes to sing Rear Emo-san and Dos Tousan Wrords:

SephirothsAngel
09-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Um, I can't download those songs. Is there another site?

Sefie1999AD
09-07-2003, 08:55 PM
It wouldn't be bad at all if she could pronounce the lyrics better...

SephirothsAngel
09-25-2003, 10:22 PM
I finally heard the song "Real Emotion" and I gotta say I didn't really find it that bad. I understood what she was saying sometimes but I do wish they would've left it in the Japanese version.

DelightfulSpekkio442
09-29-2003, 03:48 PM
The problem isn't at all the way Koda Kumi sings it, it's that the new lyrics are pathetic. Not in their meaning, but they don't fit the rhythm at all.

~MJE~

ChibiInuYasha
09-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Actually, I kinda like it now. I knew if I listened to it enought that I'd get used to it.