PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Cactuar

Vermachtnis
08-24-2003, 05:44 AM
Would some one tell me why in the world did Square put an enemy that runs away! That kinda kills the point. Does anyone know a way to make him no to run. Should I change my stratagy. This is what I do. I have Squall use Renzokuken with Blasting Zone. I have Zell summon Leviathan and Rinoa casting Life and Full-Life when needed. Does anyone out there have a better stratagy. And I dunno if this helps or not but the levels are like this. Zell at 35, Squall at 39, and Rinoa at 29.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

m4tt
08-24-2003, 06:06 AM
Well if he starts hessitating, you don't attack him.

Also, equip Leviathin, he's really weak against water.

Mr. Graves
08-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah, the Jumbo Cactuar's main weakness is Water. Learn SumMag +10, +20, +30, and +40, and Boost. (If Leviathin hasn't learned Boost already, I'll be sad.) Use the abilitys Revive and Restore to heal fallen characters. When he starts hesitating, don't attack.

neeber
08-24-2003, 03:35 PM
And check if you can draw Meltdown from him and cast it right back at him, that'll greatly improve the damage dealt.

See if you can junction Water to Squalls Elem Atk. That will also help a lot.

DooMTraiN
08-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Pretty much what the rest have said but,
Have 2 out of 3 of the party have the ability "item" and the remaining have "revive" whoever that is. I only use Squall's limit break to conquer him since it saves time.
Try and get in a fight before Jumbo Cactuar and purposely lower Squall's HP to low.

Now, junction Water to elemental attack and obviously attack with squall. But before have one of the other two draw and cast meltdown on him. This will increase you attack a considerable amount. And finally have one of the other two again, have Slow junctioned to status attack. You will notice if he's speed has been decreased by watching his stance or his arm movements. Keep attacking until he has been decreased in speed.

Basicly that's it. Keep attacking with Squall and since he's kind of slow... he won't be able to run away so often. And finally if squall is KO'd simply revive him with a phoenix down. And also keep an eye on the other two's HP stats. :)

Freya Coral
08-26-2003, 03:54 AM
Here's the strategy that I used:

First off, it helps a lot to have the Revive and Recover abilities equipped on two different characters, and the person without Revive or Recover should be able to cast Life or Full-Life. Junction Leviathan to the person without the Revive ability.

Have one of your people (preferably the one with the Revive ability) serve as a medic for the fight. Your medic should revive the other two whenever they're hit by 10,000 Needles. The medic should never attack and constantly use Recover and Cure spells to keep everyone alive and healthy.

Of the remaining two people in your party, one should constantly use physical attacks and/or Water magic. (It would be really good to begin the battle by casting Meltdown to maximize the amount of damage you cause.) The other should repeatedly summon Leviathan.

If you get a message saying the Jumbo Cactuar is hesitating, do NOT attack it, except with Leviathan.

Hope this helps!!:D

Vermachtnis
08-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey everybody. Thinks for all your help. I now have cactuar and I must say that I'm a wee bit. Disipointed. Man only 1000 damage for every ten levels. And no boost either. Oh well he came with bonuses.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-26-2003, 11:02 PM
True - but those bonuses make all the difference. Plus the fact that Cactaur's attack is non-elemental is quite helpful later in the game when enemies tend to have stronger resistances to magical rather than physical attacks.

DooMTraiN
08-28-2003, 08:54 PM
True that the hit points are rather poor at the start but when he's at a higher level.. :whoa:

My Cactuar takes off 10, 000 to all enemies :cool: