PDA

View Full Version : Card Trading Screw-up

Mo-Nercy
08-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Well, I recently restarted FFVIII and as per usual. I beat Ifrit and Diablos to get their cards. And as usual, I play the Queen of Cards in Balamb to win a few level 4-5 cards. You may or may not know but the Queen of Cards uses random card trading rules here and usually the last trading rule used is carried on by Squall to all the others places around the world.

I kept playing and winning until I got the Difference trading rule so I figured I would continue on to Timber to begin the spreading of Diff but when I challenged Watts for Angelo, the word "Direct" could be be seen under Trading Rule.

If it was One or All, I wouldn't mind but Direct screws up my whole system of card playing and as a result I have been unable to win the cards I want.

I'm at FH right now and normally, I'd have Zell, Quistis, Seifer, Minotaur and Sacred as my main hand but I only have two of the five.

Anyway, how do I get rid of Direct?

DooMTraiN
08-25-2003, 06:52 PM
The best way I can think of is to go back to Balamb Garden, and play someone there. But when they say
"Let's play with FH's rules or Timber's rules too" or something similar keep choosing "no".
Eventually he/she will just say ask to play cards without introducing other rules. Now playing in Balamb, the trade rule is always "One", so play someone there and win once or twice. I'm pretty sure that would give "Direct" the shoulder and you should now have trade rule "One" or even "Diff."

TIP: In case you didn't know, you can do this process of saying "no" to everybody in FFVIII so you just play with Balamb's rules. But places like in up in space or Centra you can't.

Anyway try that, it has worked for me before although I don't know the correct way of distributing rules.