PDA

View Full Version : Finishing moves

Inuyasha23
08-25-2003, 04:14 PM
what do you think was the best limit break or trance.
plz dont include overdrives for i find ffx to be the biggest let down ever.

§håd0w
08-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Beating with bare hands was the best option on there...

But!!! Lionheart (Squall) and Grand Lethal (Zidane) were both kickass limitbreaks/trances. Have you finished playing FFIX or even played FFVIII? I think those had the best limits/trances. Especially FFVIII, Zell's Duel was insane. It was up too you how much damage was done. Cast Aura and Meltdown, then WHAM!!! You could easily Ultimecia in one turn (If stat requirements are met)

Pancaek
08-26-2003, 01:50 AM
Limit breaks are for losers. Of course I'm including myself there, because if a game has limit breaks I'll use them. It's just that I'd rather they didn't exist, because they seem so flashy and unnecessary. I know you can do a bajillion damage with them, but that pretty much eliminates the need for any kind of real strategy.

Inuyasha23
08-26-2003, 03:18 PM
no unfortunitly i havent played VIII and im near the final fight in IX. but still would you rather shoot fireworks at a guy or just walk up and punch his face in?

Shoyku
08-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Skye-chan
Limit breaks are for losers. Of course I'm including myself there, because if a game has limit breaks I'll use them. It's just that I'd rather they didn't exist, because they seem so flashy and unnecessary. I know you can do a bajillion damage with them, but that pretty much eliminates the need for any kind of real strategy.
In a way, I agree. I feel that Final Fantasy should have limit breaks, but not to have them as easily accessible as they are.

m4tt
08-26-2003, 05:43 PM
The FF6 Limit Breaks. 8-)

MJN SEIFER
09-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Garnet has Edilions Yuna had Aeons

Just thought I'd clear that up!

Flying Mullet
09-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Gau
The FF6 Limit Breaks. 8-)

Cz
09-10-2003, 06:30 PM
I think the series should dispose of limit breaks, and opt for massive stat bonuses when a character reaches low HP. It would create a similar effect, but with actual context, and without the flashy lighting effects etc.

i90east
09-10-2003, 09:33 PM
FF6 desperation attacks...

One character left during a boss battle... character is near fatal... character hits boss with desperation attack for the kill...

Nothing's better than that :D

Outsider
09-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by m4tt
The FF6 Limit Breaks.

ShadyMilkman
09-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Anything but Omnislash!!!! I hated that limit.... soo.... boring. Buuuut, Cloud's Climhazzard was tight. Overall, I'm going with Zell's duel, mainly Dolphin Blow and Meteor Slam. But then again.. Freya turning purple and raining spears from the sky was coo too.

TheSpoonyBard
09-21-2003, 05:02 PM
I loved being able to perform 4x-cut on a single enemy in FF7. I think the 4x-cut option should have been made available in more FFs. I dont really have a favourite finishing move (limit break, trance, overdrive, whatever you want to call them), but if I had to choose some they would be Cloud's Omnislash, Squall's Lionheart, Selphie's The End, Vivi's Dbl Blk (Doomsday all the way), Wakka's Attack Reels, and Auron's Shooting Star (I never got enough of sending Sand Worms sailing over the horizon)

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Why does everyone find Omnislash so cool... It's not that thrilling.

ShadyMilkman
09-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
Why does everyone find Omnislash so cool... It's not that thrilling.

Thank you!!!! That limit SUX!!! It's the most boring "ultimate" limit in any FF!!! There is nothing imaginative about it at all. BTW: I've been telling all my friends about your band!!! :D

Kindo
09-21-2003, 08:05 PM
This poll was the suckiest poll I've seen so far.

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
Thank you!!!! That limit SUX!!! It's the most boring "ultimate" limit in any FF!!! There is nothing imaginative about it at all. BTW: I've been telling all my friends about your band!!! :D

It does suck... BTW: You're a good man. We need publicity.