PDA

View Full Version : Big swords rule

Inuyasha23
08-25-2003, 04:44 PM
What is the most powerful weapon from all the FF?

Personally im in for the long sword Sephiroth used.

zacks_clone
08-25-2003, 05:16 PM
the masamune?( think thats how its spelt...)perhaps..

clouds ultimate weapon i think

§håd0w
08-25-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I just finished a blacksmith course, and I was considering making a sword to the exact scale of Sephiorth's Masamune. But of course I would have to call it 'Masamune Blade' (AN EXACT REPLICA OF SEPHIROTH'S SWORD!!!) like they did in the game.

I didn't like either 'Ultima Weapon...' just because they look oh so similar (White blade, blue inlay, pink guard, changed to blue as your HP decreased.) And it pissed me off even more when they made only 4-7 weapon designs for FFX. (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37786)

Pancaek
08-26-2003, 01:36 AM
On an absolute scale, any of the weapons from FFX is the most powerful, because you can do 99999. The weapons don't really even matter, because your damage is mostly based on Strength anyway.

On a relative scale, Illumina and Ragnarok (both from FF6) are probably both the most powerful. Illumina gives better stat bonuses and randomly casts Pearl, but Ragnarok randomly casts Flare, which is a better spell in my opinion. That has the potential to equal 19998 damage, which is twice the limit (9999 for the actual hit plus 9999 for the spell).

Inuyasha23
08-26-2003, 03:24 PM
if the weapons dont matter than why dont they fight bare-handed?

Would Sephiroth be as scary coming at you with a fist? (scary enough, thats for sure) of corse not!!!
Its been a pattern in all FF games, the guy with the big sword is powerful and the bigger the sword the cooler the guy(Cloud,Sephiroth,Squall,Bartz,etc.)

Peegee
08-26-2003, 10:52 PM
I don't remember the enemy's name (never did do a scan of it), but the giant blue golem with a huge sword.

I want THAT sword!

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 01:04 AM
In which game?

Pancaek
08-27-2003, 06:10 AM
InuYasha23: You can't use your fists in FFX. You always have to have some kind of weapon. Believe me, I've tried, but it just doesn't let you not have one.

I also thought you literally meant "most powerful", not "coolest-looking". In that case, the coolest-looking sword is the Atma Weapon from FF6.

PG and masamune1287: It's called either the Iron Giant or Iron Man (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/monster04.shtml#irongiant), and it's in several games.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Skye-chan
PG and masamune1287: It's called either the Iron Giant or Iron Man (http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/monster04.shtml#irongiant), and it's in several games.

Ight. I just didn't know what he was talking about when he said 'blue golem...' But I know what hes talking about now. Thanks

Inuyasha23
08-31-2003, 05:33 PM
do you mean that thing in the thunder plains?

Sesshomaru
08-31-2003, 11:26 PM
Inuyasha23 your a fricken moron! The best 3 swords are as folows you idiot.
1. Caladbog
2. Ultimate weapon from ff6
3. Clouds ulitma weapon.
The tesusaiga is sweat but it's from a fricken tv show not even slightly related to FF, and despite that huge sword Sephiroth got his ass handed to him buy cloud, and even though his sword was large it paled in comparison to Sephiroth's.

§håd0w
08-31-2003, 11:59 PM
Wow... I didn't know flaming became permitted

Psychotic
09-01-2003, 07:10 PM
It isn't - hence the whole banned thing Sesshomaru's got going on there.

I personally liked Cloud's Buster Sword, although I liked it's KH incarnation even better.