PDA

View Full Version : The *positive* FFX thread

Xander
08-25-2003, 09:08 PM
I don't know if it's just me getting this feeling, but there seems to be so many negative things that people on this forum are always picking out about the game and I just think that the game deserves some support!

So, this thread is to post some things that you especially liked about FFX, that made it an enjoyable game for you, differences or new additions that you liked...and nothing negative about voices or no world maps! :p

For me, I loved the battle system and I think it allowed you more time to think and plan which made for more interesting battles.
I also thought it was great being able to switch characters in and out of battle it meant you could use any one's abilities when you needed them for a certain situation. It also gave everyone a chance to gain some AP, and gave you good use of *all* of the characters.

I liked the fact that enemies had weaknesses and you could choose which character to use depending on the enemy. For example if something was a certain element, such as lighting or fire you could bring in Lulu to cast the opposite.

If the enemy was flying you could get Wakka in, if it had a shell you could use Auron or if it was an agile creature you could use Tidus.

I also loved the sphere grid system, it made me want to fight random battles and get more sphere levels because it was fun to spend them and see what attributes I got up, especially fun getting HP spheres activated.

Plus the graphics were beautiful through the whole game, and personally I really liked all of the characters in the game.

I think there was a *lot* that made this game great fun, it may have been different from other Final Fantasy's but it was a brilliant game, and I'd just like to know that there is some more people out there who love the game as much as I do.

:love:

So cmon, support FFX guys.....

PhoenixAsh
08-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Once you actually get into a fight the game is good, the battle system is very good compared to previous systems.

Before and after you get into a battle however...

Radje
08-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Thank you Xander, for finally bringing a FFX approval thread into play. I love the battle system also and a lot of others things yet i'm tired and can't be bothered writing them all jsut yet, sorry.

Leia
08-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Thank u! :rock: Finally! Okay, where 2 start? Well, it's my favourite title out the series simply because it has a brilliant story with such a sad ending :cry: and its graphics help that along by showing the emotions the character is going thru, along with the voices making it a more realistic experience. The battle system was great and much more fast paced and I loved how when the characters entered they all said a line of speech. The love story was also very good and emotional- {spoiler}especially when Tidus finds out that Yuna is to die And (per usual) Nobou gave us a beautiful score (especially the ending song/s)and there's so much to do- I didn't finish until well after the 100hrs mark. Moral of my post? - I need X-2!... *nows cries at not having it* aaaaargh! Support X!

Xander
08-25-2003, 10:29 PM
*gives all the fans a little tidus doll* :D So there *are* fans here I was beginning to wonder :rolleyes2

I agree, Leia the ending rocks it is so sad I was trying to stop from crying, cos my mum was in the room, lol. ^^

And your right the graphics convey the characters emotions so much, just the facial expressions and that, I know people say graphics don't matter but you just won't see those kinda expressions in the older FF's. (except the FMVs).
They may not be the most important thing but they sure are *beautiful* :D

I loved how the characters spoke in battle too, it made the battles more fun wondering what they would say next. I don't think I've ever enjoyed battles as much as in X.

I thought the Tidus and Yuna bit was just sooo sweet too, it was just wow, the kiss and especially the end with his arms around her

I loved the music too, Suteki da ne was a beautiful song and hearing through the credits at the end just made me wanna cry more. :cry:

I can't wait for FFX-2 also, especially if Yuna and Tidus get back together! (I don't know a lot about the story of it).

By the way your spoiler sort of showed up, try putting [ spoiler ] spoiler here [/ spoiler ] without the spaces :)

Yes ...support X!

Leia
08-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Cheers! Yeah I was wondering abt that spoiler thing but I don't thnk any1 really takes any notice anyway! U mark it outside! Oh well. Let's practice... X is definitely the best! Bring on X-2 (like soon Square Enix... please.... ...... please!!!!)

Pucca
08-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Xander
the ending rocks it is so sad I was trying to stop from crying, cos my mum was in the room, lol. ^^

Argh!!! That must have been soo bad for you!

My whole family was in the room at the bit when seymour proposes and my brother laughed, dad snorted in disgust and mum shuffled her newspaper. Come on, family! I just wanted to get a juicy bit of story done! They all did the same at the wedding. Luckily, I played the ending at my friends house (*relief* :o). I cried.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Having people in the room at good story bits is bad.:mad:

But the story was all good!!:love: So were the graphics, music, battle system, costumes...

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 05:35 PM
Speaking as a person who really didn't care for Ten, there were some things I have to give the game credit for. The sphere system wasn't terrific, but it was original, and it's fun to see some new ideas like that.
The characters, while not as good as some in earlier titles, were a big step up from the two previous games. Tidus and Yuna weren't the greatest heros (They weren't "bad," just nothing really special about them), but the supporting characters were really cool for the most part. Auron was my personal favorite.
Also, the story wasn't perfect, and it wasn't anything special or exciting, but it wasn't really bad, either. It wasn't complex or deep, and it was pretty predictable... but I'd rather see them succeding in a simple story, than failing in trying to make one "deep." *cough*Eight*cough*

Ryan
08-28-2003, 01:51 AM
THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS KENSHIN! i have played the other ff's as i'm sure we all have and i just don't know.

I loved this game enough to play through it a few times before x-2 comes out. and to avoid the risk of X bashing i will not ask what made all those other character's "special' and tidus and Yuna not. It was all good.

I loved all the things that you guys said, but i also wanted to point this out: a similarity between FFX and 1984. ummm.... i don't know how to do spoiler blockers, so i'll leave it at that.

Kenshin IV
08-28-2003, 02:16 AM
Well, you basically just did ask, and I don't mind answering so here you go:

Tidus- Could get pretty annoying. I do admit that some of it had to do with his voice, which I liked at first, but just got on my nerves by the end of the game.

Yuna- Likable on her own right, but when you compare her with characters like Aeris or Terra.... well, she just doesn't. She's also a bit plain, your basic heroine.

The other characters worked pretty well for their roles, even in comparison to other games. They weren't grand, but they worked. Lulu was pretty cool. Her character was interesting, but I also liked her design. Auron is just the definition of cool. He also has the most interesting story out of all the characters. I didn't really care for Wakka, but I didn't not like him, either. I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I thought I would despise him much the same way I despised Zell or Irvine, and he wasn't nearly as bad as them. Kimari looked pretty cool, but didn't really do anything except tag along. That's okay though, because he really wasn't that major of a character. Rikku... well I didn't really care for Rikku, but she gets points for being better than Selphie.

Like I said, they weren't an exceptional cast by any means, but they beat characters like Zell, Selphie, Irvine, Amarant and Quina.

Female Ryuichi
08-28-2003, 01:16 PM
I loved Wakka! He's the best thing about the game! :D

Psychotic
08-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Positive stuff only, eh?

Um... the graphics rocked! Oh, and the game had swords in it! Plus, it had a good combat system. Oh and customising weapons/armour and powering up celestial weapons were good features too, if the minigames to get them were slighty.... annoying. (Sorry, it needed to be said) Um... it had some funny lines in it! So yeah, that's the best bits of FFX.

soulICE
08-29-2003, 03:02 AM
what i thought was good, besides what everyone has said, (strangely enough) was that i cried like a big baby at the end, and also when they were in Al Bhed Home (my spoiler marks never work so ill leave it at that).. i havent cried for a game since 7:cry: i got so attached to this game, despite the fact that i hated the chocobos in this one lol.

sorry, 8 and 9 didnt have the same feelings of attatchment for me.. :rolleyes2

Leia
08-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by soulICE
sorry, 8 and 9 didnt have the same feelings of attatchment for me.. :rolleyes2
I agree on that completely! As much as I really liked 8 and thought that 9 was alright, (but with a good ending!) for me after completing X it was just so emotionally attached and the ending was just so sad (I cried too!) that I found that the others didn't compare for me! It was a new love!:love: *laughs hysterically* :laugh: Now I just need X-2... :D :) :cool:

.:Lady Summoner:.
08-31-2003, 02:58 AM
Hee, Final Fantasy X is my most favourite, followed by Final Fantasy VIII.

First things first, the battle system! I love it. I think it's the best so far. It's easy, and you can change characters (if you have them) within the battle to combat different opponents.

Second would have to be the Sphere Grid. Much better way of leveling up your characters. And it's fun, too, to get all the spheres and move them around the board and see which things they can learn and such.

Love the graphics, but of course I didn't have FFVIII on PSOne, so I can't really judge it that much ^^ But the whole speaking things were cool. They even spoke during battle as well. That's cute ^^

I haven't finished FFX (kinda started a week or so ago) but the story seems something really cool. I don't know why people or so against it. The character interactions are awesome, trying to figure out how they're all connected, and they all have their pasts and things...I'm excited to see the ending, you people talk about it a lot.

The music I found the same likes as in FFVIII. The theme songs are just so beautiful.

Cz
08-31-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm not a big FFX fan, but I'll give it credit for a couple of things.

First, the visuals. It may be a cliche, but they really are amazing. Both the FMV's and in game graphics are top quality.

The ability system is also pretty good. It allows for a decent amount of customization, while still giving each chracter a well defined path of development.

Although the music is nowhere near up to the standard of FFIX, it's still OK. A lot of pieces were forgettable, but one or two stand out, 'Servants of the Mountain' in particular.

There may be a lot of FFX bashers around, but the game's hardly short of support, is it? Just one look at an FFX review site will tell you that. It's one of the best-loved games in the series, and a fine game in it's own right. It's just not my idea of a Final Fantasy, that's all.

Sefie1999AD
08-31-2003, 06:56 PM
I don't really think graphics make a game, but I must admit that the graphics and music together made an incredible experience and made me almost feel like FFX was a movie where I'm involved. This was really thrilling with some parts such as fighting Sin while en-route to Kilika, Operation Mi'ihen, Al Bhed Home invasion etc.

Auron and Rikku are good characters, and I was pleased to see that their voices were done pretty well. Even though I wasn't too sad when I saw Tidus dying in the ending, it was more emotional for me to see how Auron was sent. I didn't want him to die. Let's see what else... there is lots of extra material coming with FFX in a bonus DVD, which taught me a lot of interesting things about the making of FFX, and the bonus DVD also contained Kingdom Hearts trailers. When I saw those trailers, I was hooked almost right away. A sequel for FFX is also a good thing, and I'm really looking forward to FFX-2 coming to Europe.

To say something good about the battle system, I liked how you could instantly switch to other characters. The transitions between bosses and normal movement were also done well. Sometimes there were FMVs, dialogue, cutscenes and lots of other things during boss fights. Not bad.

Leia
08-31-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
Tidus dying in the ending,
X ending He didn't die he was just a dream created by the fayth but they grew tired and so he faded

Radje
08-31-2003, 10:28 PM
Never let anyone have any chance of disturbing you during the ending sequence of FFX. It ruins the whole game if your certain annoying big brother sits there laughing *kills random people*

Xander
08-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Yeah and it always seems to happen to me at the worst places, end of FFIX, end of FFX.... luckily I was alone for the kiss in FFX. :D

But I might replay the end of X again round my friend's house and we can watch it together, cos we understand the emotion of it :cry:

Parents just..don't get it..mine anyway.. :rolleyes2

lemonation
09-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Let's see... all of it. I loved it so frigg'n much! But now I'm stuck on Braska's Final Aeon. I hate that god**** sword! But at least it's not uber-easy. Hard bosses make a game better because you feel really good when you beat them. So props to Seymour Flux, Sanctuary Keeper, Yunalesca and Braska's Final Aeon! And all the other schmoes I can't remember their names.
The battles ruled, I loved the plot. Especially after Seymour proposed. It went from good to awesome after there. At first I was shocked, then excited as the plot really picked up. Yay!
Voices were excellent, especially for FF's first voiced game. Everyone was good, except Yuna. She lacked emotion in many parts of the game and put pauses in her lines when they weren't needed. Does this make me hate the game at all? NO! This was the only acting problem aside from the laughing scene, so I'm happy to Overlook it.
Aeons kick ass. IT's that simple.
Music ruled. I'm still trying to find the version of Otherworld that plays when you fight Jecht. I downloaded Suteki Da Ne. It rules too.
The characters ruled. I've heard a lot of hating of Tidus on this board. But, they are all just jealous because they are Tidus not. He ruled. Only beef I have with Tidus is the fact that his narrative voice sounds nothing like his game voice. But this is small, irrelevent beef. Tidus is cool.
I agree on playing games alone. Other, non-gamer people just don't get it and make you feel akward. Thank ye gods my family wasn't there for the kiss. :p
All in all, X ruled. It is my favorite, alough my current experience includes VII, X and Tactics. Thank you so fubbing much for starting this thread Xander. I... I love you.;)
PS: Aeons rule.

Xander
09-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Yay lemonation you rock :D
I did find the last bosses kinda easy but only cos I spent ages before getting break HP limit and break damage limit on Tidus and Auron, 2 overdrives later and Braska's Final Aeon died.

But agreed, Seymour Flux and Yunalesca were kinda challenging.

Originally posted by lemonation
Voices were excellent, especially for FF's first voiced game. Everyone was good, except Yuna. She lacked emotion in many parts of the game and put pauses in her lines when they weren't needed. Does this make me hate the game at all? NO! This was the only acting problem aside from the laughing scene, so I'm happy to Overlook it.

I thought I was the only person who thought the voices were fine! Agreed about Yuna but as you say it can be overlooked, I thought everyone else's voices were cool, even Tidus.

Yes, the music was great I *love* that Otherworld song, and Suteki Da Ne.

Also, I had no problem with Tidus! He didn't whine too much I mean he found himself in a different world, what would you expect. Plus Tidus was quite sezy ;)

I find it hard to pick favourite Final Fantasy's cos I like them all in their own way but I would put FFX as joint second favourite with FFVII (FFIX comes first).

Did I mention I loved being able to customise weapons? It was fun at first putting poisontouch, sleeptouch etc on people's weapons, and better later on when you could get counter-attack and much more. It was just fun throughout the game to me.

ps. I love you too :p

lemonation
09-01-2003, 05:55 PM
VCGRMJVGRJM48930 62$^%b %4G BVRTS 54$%y G054~~! He(BFA) killed me again! I've started a new file where I'm gonna go on the sidequests, and I'm enjoying knowing little details you find out later in the game. I now understand certain referances to the fact that (Minor) Summoners die. It is good.
Frigging Boss... he'll be easier when I have the secret Aeons and LEgendary Weapons. Damn Sword...

Xander
09-01-2003, 10:31 PM
A tip - you may do this anyway -
Spend a long time in each area getting your sphere levels up where it is fairly easy to do so - start early on, so in the first place where you get to do random battles and are near a save point, take advantage, keep fighting and getting your levels up. Give yourself an aim, say "I will learn Fira before I move to the next area" or something.

I did this a lot, from the start, which meant I didn't have too much trouble. When I had trouble with the Yunalesca fight, I thought to myself, I will get Yuna to learn double-cast and auto-life before I go back, well my plan wasn't so good since I didn't realise you couldn't double-cast Holy. (How stupid is that by the way) :eep:

Even so it helped a lot, and the next time I went back Yunalesca was a doddle. And it's pretty easy to level up in Zanarkand, my guys were getting sphere levels almost every fight.

I didn't get all the secret aeons (only Yojimbo) and only Auron's legendary weapon, but I think as long as you level up a lot where you can the end shouldn't be too bad.

Mind you if you do decide to do sidequests, the monster arena one is fun and challenging and 5 in each area gets you 99x dark matter so you can put break damage limit on someone's weapon ;)

Plus you can get break HP limit pretty easily too if you fight mimics for a lot of money and then bribe marlboros.
So just get this on a few guys, and the last boss shouldn't be too much trouble :)

ps. sorry if I rambled on or you knew any of this already :p

DMKA
09-04-2003, 06:53 PM
I loved FFX - it was a beautiful, masterpiece of a game. It had a great story, great characters (although Tidus was my least fav, and there were better characters than him in earlier titles), awesome graphics, great battles, and it was just overall compelling. It was also great to see what makes the series great come back after the dissapointments I had with 8 and 9 (no offense to 8 and 9 intended). Although my fav is still 7, 10 defenitely comes in second:) I really wish I owned it though:( Oh well...I'll probably buy it when I buy FFX-2...that is, whenever I get around to getting a PS2.

Leia
09-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by radje
Never let anyone have any chance of disturbing you during the ending sequence of FFX. It ruins the whole game if your certain annoying big brother sits there laughing *kills random people*
lol! I hav a big sis and I bet u she would do exactly the same... luckily I have my PS2 in my room so no one really comes in! I've seen the ending a lot and the first couple of times it was just so sad that I was either crying or near-tears so I would be pretty infuriated if the first time I had ever seen it, someone had come in during the middle of it (in fact I paused it at the bit where you could just to shout at my mum to not come in!!!)

ChibiInuYasha
09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
I guess I love everything that's everyone's already said. (Battle and Sphere Grid and such) I too disliked Tidus and Yuna but I love it how we get to watch them grow up and mature in to independent people. Same with everyone really. Except Auron who pretty much already knew everything there is to know. But now for the ending. I didn't just shed a tear. Or even cry for a while. I threw myself to the floor sobbing and Screaming "WHY?! WHYYY!?!?!?" No joke I swear it. I didn't leave my room for days. I just slept, stuck in deep depression. And that's why it's so great. The effect it has on you. ^^

DMKA
09-06-2003, 06:57 AM
I guess I love everything that's everyone's already said. (Battle and Sphere Grid and such) I too disliked Tidus and Yuna but I love it how we get to watch them grow up and mature in to independent people. Same with everyone really. Except Auron who pretty much already knew everything there is to know. But now for the ending. I didn't just shed a tear. Or even cry for a while. I threw myself to the floor sobbing and Screaming "WHY?! WHYYY!?!?!?" No joke I swear it. I didn't leave my room for days. I just slept, stuck in deep depression. And that's why it's so great. The effect it has on you. ^^
:p I cried quite a bit...it was very sad and depressing, which is what makes it great. I liked Yuna and Tidus......Tidus just isn't one of my more-liked FF characters...however, I really did like Yuna alot.

And I just kept thinking of KImarhi as Yuna's big stuffed teddy bear for some reason.:)

Xander
09-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by devilmaykickass

And I just kept thinking of KImarhi as Yuna's big stuffed teddy bear for some reason.:)

Yeah aww, he was like that, although I didn't like using Kimahri in battle much, I thought he was sweet and I liked the relationship between him and Yuna, and the way he was always there for her :) I loved his funny talking too, such as "Pick spot. Shut up. Wait" or something like that :p

Radje
09-06-2003, 11:53 PM
I can never refrain from crying at the ending sequence. So sad :( *sniffle*

Leia
09-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Yeah aww, he was like that, although I didn't like using Kimahri in battle much, I thought he was sweet and I liked the relationship between him and Yuna, and the way he was always there for her :) I loved his funny talking too, such as "Pick spot. Shut up. Wait" or something like that :p
I agree on all of that! He was sort of cute... in a weird gruff way!!!! ha ha!

Ryan
09-07-2003, 03:10 AM
Kihmari was awesome! I loved him, he was my favorite character in the whole game. He was the personification of what a good dragoon character should be: Quiet, intimidating presence to those who don't know him, a gentle kinda guy to those who do, feircly loyal, and a master of all things long sharp and pointy. You got to love a character that is big and muscular and yet you can only open up his ultimate weapon by catching butterflies. He dealt with his own problems in his own way, which i think many people can relate to.

While on the subject of characters, Wakka was pretty alright himself (though i could have done without the gravity defying hair.) He started off as one of those bible beating religious sorts that was kind of annoying, but then he came to learn so many things and became his own person, which was an awesome story path.

This game was great because there was a connection to a classic peice of literature, but for the constraints of time i will not put it here. Did anyone else find it?

DMKA
09-07-2003, 03:27 AM
Well here I have attached a file with 3 quotes from the big blue fuzzy one himself (the "pick spot..shut up...wait" is included;) ) for your listening pleasure.

(right-click the attached file, 'save-target as')

Xander
09-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Hehe, thanks Devilmaykickass. Gotta love those quotes :D I love doing my own Kimahri impressions.

Ryan - I didn't notice a literary connection but I always miss those kinda things.. I liked how Wakka changed too his attitude annoyed me to start with but he learnt to accept the Al Bheds, and everything.

lemonation
09-07-2003, 06:21 PM
I liked the hair of gravity defiance. I also liked how Wakka changed attitudes. And the Kimahri quote. Mahahahahahaha...

Phoenix729
09-07-2003, 07:59 PM
i agree, FFX does have one really great feature - the disk was exceedingly round. i dont think i've ever seen a disk this round in my life! seriously square have outdone themselves for disk roundness. Well done square well done FFX :D

Xander
09-07-2003, 10:22 PM
This is a thread for people to gather positive thoughts of FFX for some good "FFX karma" round here. Please don't post sarcastic remarks it ruins the idea of the thread :(

Contribute something you liked about the GAME.... if there is nothing then don't post. :)

lemonation
09-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, he does have a point. A stupid, intended-to-be-sarcastic point, but still, a point that is valid. It is very round. But still, Xander is right. But I wonder. I've read your posts before, and I can't figure out why you come here if you don't like X. There are plenty of other threads, so why come to one about the game you hate? I don't mean to sound rude, but I really do want to know.

Xander
09-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Yes, the disk is round, but so are the disks for every other Final Fantasy on the PS1/2. :p

Anyway I don't wanna start an arguement so sorry if I was touchy back there... okay cool the disk was round, was there anything else you liked? I liked the bonus DVD with the PAL version, esp as FFX only cost me £10, the bonus DVD was a good extra. I liked watching the video to "Suteki Da Ne" and the interviews with the producers, etc. It's cool to hear their inspirations for the game.

Ryan
09-08-2003, 03:19 AM
I'm pretty sure i've brought this up on another thread or something, but FFX was connected to 1984 by george orwell. That part when Yuna is on trial and Mika says that Yevon embodies unchanging continuity, that is what they were trying to do in 1984, freeze a moment in time so that those with power got to keep their power. An obscure relation, but still a relation.

And i liked that they included more stuff on the international version, but i didn't like that i didn't get that extra stuff 'cause i'm an american. :cry:

*think happy thoughts think happy thoughts*:D

DMKA
09-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Woah...I never noticed that connection between FFX and 1984...thats neat:)

Oh and I know this is a tad off-topic, but I was watching the credits yesterday, and Wakka and Kimarhi had the same english voice actor! Isn't that crazy?

Anywho, I really really loved Wakka's change over the course of the game as well.....and I prefer gravity defying hair:)
(SPOILERS)
And the whole concept that Tidus's entire being...his world, an entire city full of people and their entire lives were all nothing more than a dream of some mere other beings.......thats something I've pondered about before myself:greenie: . Its just a great game, though I think you'd need to be semi-emotional, semi-philosophical, semi-symbolic understanding to get the most out of the game, which is probably why some people thought so negatively towards it.

Reguardless its one of my all time fav games:)

Xander
09-08-2003, 11:49 AM
I haven't read that book Ryan, which probably explains why I didn't notice :D

Yeah the thing about the voice actors was on a thread here a while ago, apparently Tidus' voice actor is Fry in Futurama and Wakka is Bender too, which I never noticed but I don't watch Futurama that much...

You might wanna put the thing about Tidus in spoiler marks...just in case someone isn't that far yet ;)

But yeah that was cool but it was just too sad especially for Yuna :cry:
I sorta wished he explained more to her at the end rather than just saying goodbye.

ChibiInuYasha
09-09-2003, 12:20 AM
But yeah that was cool but it was just too sad especially for Yuna
I sorta wished he explained more to her at the end rather than just saying (SPOILER)
I always thought cause it was too painful for him to say more and he had to walk away before he broke down. Or maybe he knew he would see her again one day?!!? O.o

Xander
09-09-2003, 11:45 AM
ChibiInuYasha - Yeah you are probably right there that it was too painful for him. It just seemed really unlike him, especially when he said "I know it sounds selfish....but this is MY story". I just thought he owed Yuna more of an explanation.... but despite that, the ending was still beautiful :love:

And I hope they *do* see each other again. :D (*doesn't know a lot about X-2*).

DMKA
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Ohh I found out that Wakka and Kimarhi's voices are also done by the one who does Bender's voice on Futurama (John DiMaggio is his name), however, Fry is not done by James Taylor (Tidus)......I must say DiMaggio must be quite talented to be able to do these three great roles, and none of them sound the same or have even near the same personality.

Xander
09-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah he probably is talented but anyone can do Kimahri's voice just speak very deep and in very short sentences like "Me Kimahri", "Kimahri tired" :lol:

Mind you I'd have to be a female Kimahri....there's an idea wouldn't it be sweet if Kimahri had a ronso girlfriend...a big furry pink creature maybe...hehe. :D

But yeah Wakka and Bender are pretty different roles and as far as I can remember they don't sound very alike...

Leia
09-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by devilmaykickass
Ohh I found out that Wakka and Kimarhi's voices are also done by the one who does Bender's voice on Futurama (John DiMaggio is his name)

Yes that's right. I've added a photo of him as an attachment! Another thing I really enjoyed about X- the addition of the voices. It made the characters more personalised whether you liked their voice or not.

Xander
09-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Cool, thanks Leia, I was wondering what he looked like ^^ Almost has hair like Wakka...hehe....ok not really :p

I totally agree, I loved the addition of the voices and to be honest they never bugged me, although Yuna was a bit quiet. They made me laugh in battles too and just made the characters so much more real than they would have been otherwise.

Pucca
09-14-2003, 08:59 PM
This is a point I totally agree on. The story suddenly became more personal and you knew how the characters were feeling when they spoke, whereas with the old textboxes you had to guess how they were speaking at that point (sad :(, dissapointed :eep:, angry :mad2: ). It adds a whole new dimention to Final Fantasy that we had never seen in the past. :cool:

Think what the ending movie would have been like without voices!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sometimes I wonder what previous final fantasy games would have been like with voice acting- in ff7, Aerises death would have been made much more sad with voices. But this is the positve 10 thread, not the voice acting in 7 one!!:p It's a point, though.

Voices in battles were so cool!!! :love: :choc: I remember the first time I heard them!! The whole battle system in general was great, it ran so smoothly in comparrison to previous titles. :love: ;) :D :D

Sefie1999AD
09-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Pucca
This is a point I totally agree on. The story suddenly became more personal and you knew how the characters were feeling when they spoke, whereas with the old textboxes you had to guess how they were speaking at that point (sad :(, dissapointed :eep:, angry :mad2: ). It adds a whole new dimention to Final Fantasy that we had never seen in the past. :cool:

Think what the ending movie would have been like without voices!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sometimes I wonder what previous final fantasy games would have been like with voice acting- in ff7, Aerises death would have been made much more sad with voices. But this is the positve 10 thread, not the voice acting in 7 one!!:p It's a point, though.

Voices in battles were so cool!!! :love: :choc: I remember the first time I heard them!! The whole battle system in general was great, it ran so smoothly in comparrison to previous titles. :love: ;) :D :D

For Auron, Rikku, probably Tidus and some other characters, voices were indeed a way to express their feelings. However, the voice thing backfired in Yuna's case. Instead of explaining Yuna's character and feelings better, the voice actor just messed up, and we were never too sure about what Yuna was feeling.

As for what the ending would have been without voices, it would have been just as good. Like Tifa said in FF7, words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking. The characters' body expressions tell us as much, and the music, if done correctly, will tell us even more. That's why the earlier FFs still felt as emotional (if not more) even without voice actors. But for FFX ending, the part when I felt sad was when Tidus was hugging Yuna for the last time, the camera was rotating all around them, they both looked sad and a dramatic orchestral score was playing in the background. No words were said on that moment. No voices. But it still was the most dramatic part of the ending, and I think it was well done. The part when Yuna says "I love you" to Tidus is, IMHO, a lot less emotional part than the final embrace. Especially when Yuna said "I love you" in such a quick and emotionless way. Overall, I think the best stuff of FFX ending were the parts where there were no voices. Good thing there were plenty of those, and I thought FFX had a well made ending.

ChibiInuYasha
09-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Yeh about that last embrace thing I wonder if Yuna even knew Tidus was holding her until he walked through her. Poor Yuna she never even got to feel him :cry: Even though I think hadn't there been voices up until that point. It would have been much less emotional.

Sefie1999AD
09-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
Poor Yuna she never even got to feel him :cry:

She did. Don't you remember that kissing scene at Macalania? That was also a well made FMV, if not a bit overdone.

Leia
09-15-2003, 07:38 PM
The ending was just like the icing on the cake (I feel like Lulu saying that lol) to what was already such a great game! ;) I've seen it so much yet still it is so sad. I actually was keeping the tears in pretty well until the instrumental version of Suteki Da Ne came on and then that was it- I was off! lol :crying: I was thinking (or rather seriously hoping) that at the part when the music uplifted that he was going to become real or something because of what the fayth had said previously but when the camera angles rolled around them and they looked so sad, it just was so emotional! When the end cliffhanger came on I was just like "Noooooo! Don't leave it like that!" and that, for me, is why X is such a highlight to the FF series because throughout the game it delivered everything the old FF's gave but added new things that turned out for the better for example the demise of the ATB and the world map... at first I wasn't too sure but I actually found I preferred it from others- like the game itself! OMG! I've just written tons again! lol

DMKA
09-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Lookie...even though shes wearing hotpants and carrying pistols, she still loves her teddy bear:D
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/ps2/finalfantasyx2/0911/ffx_screen021.jpg

ChibiInuYasha
09-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Is it just me or has Kimhari gotten bigger?

DMKA
09-17-2003, 05:55 AM
Is it just me or has Kimhari gotten bigger?
naw, its probably just unleveled ground and Kimarhi is just standing on a higher point then Yuna....but then again, who knows...yuna may have just had some 2 by 4s in those tall boots of hers that shes no longer wearing:tongue:

Kenshin IV
09-17-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
That was also a well made FMV, if not a bit overdone.
I'd say "a bit overdone" is a bit of an understatement.

Xander
09-17-2003, 05:31 PM
The kissing FMV was beautiful :love: I just loved it. But Yuna's eyes looked odd cos she didn't close them for a while. Hehe. It just made me want Tidus bad ;)

Leia
09-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Hehe. It just made me want Tidus bad ;)
.... ohhhhhhh yeah :love: lol

Pucca
09-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by radje

Originally posted by Leia
lol! I hav a big sis and I bet u she would do exactly the same... luckily I have my PS2 in my room so no one really comes in! I've seen the ending a lot and the first couple of times it was just so sad that I was either crying or near-tears so I would be pretty infuriated if the first time I had ever seen it, someone had come in during the middle of it (in fact I paused it at the bit where you could just to shout at my mum to not come in!!!)

I so want a ps2 in ma room.... ahh!! I have to play 10 downstairs in the room everyone always walks into- think my small 10 year- old brother sniggereing and gagging at the spring kiss sequence:mad:, mum telling me its a load of rubbish and badly acted (WTF?!??!?), Dad clearing his throat as a kind of 'read-my-mind' signal for me to get off it, and so on. Urh, so annoying...:cry:

10 is the best,:D Seymour was a great baddie. And Tidus was great. Xander and Leia- WANT TIDUS BAD?!?

OK, I agree..... reluctantly. :love: :love:

kimmi
11-11-2003, 11:32 PM
I Liked the movies! They were so cool... especially how you can go back and watch them again in the sphere theatre... My favourite movies would have to be the one in Zanarkand at the start and the one with Tidus and Yuna in the lake... *aaa* but first time I saw it my sister was sitting there watching going *ungh! its so cheesy* some people just dont have a clue....

But yeah... i may sound dumb... but which one is seymour flux?

Big D
11-12-2003, 10:43 AM
The only 'complaint' I have about FFX's movies is that Auron and Lulu aren't in them enough. Oh, and Tidus' hair looks too shiny and perfect - almost metallic - when it's wet in the videos.

I love the movie of Yuna performing the Sending at Kilika. Beautiful, mystical, but sad of course, because of what it symbolises.

Seymour Flux is the one you fight at Mount Gagazet, I believe.

SomethingBig
11-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
Once you actually get into a fight the game is good, the battle system is very good compared to previous systems.

Before and after you get into a battle however...

I agree to some extent. The battles were the only things that stopped me from throwing FFX out the window, but I found the battles in other FFs more exhilarating.

kimmi
11-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Ah... thought so...

oo! and I also like what all the charaters say in battle... though some of them are pretty random! :)

DMKA
11-13-2003, 06:25 AM
Wow...it makes me sad to know so many people...didn't like this masterpiece:( ...

Maybe you people just don't like or appreciate symbolism through storyline.

I will agree it wasn't the greatest and it didn't have everything, but it was still grand. I think the main prob with it is that EVERYONE had these super-high expectations for "oooo, the first FF on ps2. PS2! Its gonna kick ass!*plays*....HEEEEEYYYY that wasn't the best RPG ever:mad2: ". Its kinda like what happened with so many people and FF8. I mean come on, it came right after 7, and 7...man, that was just too much FF8 had to live up to...

But all in all, beautiful graphics, storyline, and some memorable emotion filled voice acting and a stupendous ending made this game IMO, along with some grand battles.

Its my 2nd fav FF. Please don't shoot me.:riiight:

Jack
11-23-2003, 07:16 PM
I liked the love between Tidus & Yuna. It was really well done, rather like FFVIII

I liked the story in bits

Donm't know right now......

Get back to you on that

Mr. Gary
11-23-2003, 07:23 PM
I loved everything in X except that it's the most linear game ever, and that the sidequests sucked. The best thing in X are of course the movies.

DMKA
11-23-2003, 11:01 PM
I loved everything in X except that it's the most linear game ever, and that the sidequests sucked.
But if you want a more linear game, play Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon, and a ton of others;). I guarntee its not the most linear game out there - infact, its very far from it. Its just the most linear FF;).

That was one of my beefs with the game as well - how very linear it was. However, this is the *positive* FFX thread, so I won't address this any further.

Jack
11-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Yeah, It was a bit wasn't it (Realises its a positive thread........) BUT I LOVED IT (Hopes the thought police arn't listening in)

The love between Tidus & Yuna was lovely, almost tear jerking in places, where the the two would just have these glances and you knew AWWWWHHH
It was great how it was done, I'd wish FFVIII was remade with the facial shots, because then I'd love it more.
The end almost made me cry (And I'm a guy) I just find that sorta thing upsetting, yu know?

And I know that veryone thing Tidus is cute, but i'm sorry, but Yuna is far greater. I think it's that she not out there like Tidus is (His chest is oot urgghh) and she's kinda shy and retireing, ans she feels the worlds on her shoulders at times so i feel she's like me and thats why shes cute.

DMKA
11-24-2003, 08:30 PM
Umm not sure what that pic had to do with anything...I own that CD BTW...

And I'm a guy too, and the ending DID make me cry...I was 17 at the time...heh.:riiight:

Jack
11-25-2003, 08:04 PM
You could say, that image symbolises Revolution againist the empire, essentially what FFX is about (In the 2nd half) after Bevelle, where the team is trying toi undermine Yevon.

Or you could say that I wanted to implement that image becasue I wanted to see who liked them.
Have you got anymore of their albums, Ive got them all

I almost cried, it makes me upset more, then sobbing.

I also liked the setting, becasue it was different and was inventive and i loved the relaxaition aspect of FFX with the water theme, very tranquil it was at times.

But I still love FFVIII

Savannah
01-01-2004, 05:32 AM
I've played FFVII, 1/3rd of FFVIII and a little of FFIX, and of those, I prefer FFX's characters. I don't dislike any of the FFX characters, but in the case of FFVII and FFVIII it was a challenge just to keep playing because of how annoying I found some of the main ones (i.e. Rinoa, Aeris, Tifa, Selphie). The fact that no one in FFX grates my nerves enough to discourage me from playing really helps.

Other than that, I really liked the storyline (whereas FFVII's storyline felt sort of random), Spira's environment (Spira was just more lush, exciting, and fantasyish than the FFVII and FFVIII worlds), and the graphics (as much as people object to the idea of the graphics being a major part of the game, it really helps to insert you into the environment and I came to think of each new FMV as a reward).