PDA

View Full Version : MOST ANNOYING/CHALLENGING SIDEQUEST!!!

§håd0w
08-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Ight... I found these to be the most annoying or challenging sidequests in FFVII-FFX. I left any others out considering I haven't played FF-FFVI in the longest time. For most annoying SQ, definately the Card Queen in FFVIII or Cactuar Stones in FFX. As for challenging, getting the Excalibur 2 was a bitch. The first time I tried, my gameclock was 12:00:03... as you can guess, I proceeded to throw my controller against the wall several times. Then I went back and did it in 11:56:04. I'll set the poll for more than one option but don't try to screw the system.

Flying Mullet
08-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Dodging 200 consecutive lightning bolts in FFX is easily the most annoying sidequest that I can think off. The monotnous and teediousness of it makes me cringe right now.

And your poll is set up for only one answer.

Pucca
08-26-2003, 04:49 PM
I think the site quest in FFVII where you have to play a mini- battle on Fort Condor is so bloody BORING!! And you have to pay gil for all the soldiers and tanks etc!!:mad: :sad: That is the most annoying for me, anyways.

Leia
08-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Oh I agree on the Fort Condor game, and also in X that bloody Cactaur Village only gives you two measly boxes after hunting down the stupid cacti for ages! grr:mad2: that made me annoyed- I wanted a v.i.l.l.a.g.e, ya know like The Mage's Village in IX? But no......

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 01:10 AM
Speaking of cactuar village... Was there any point to getting the spheres with names on them? Other than they make cactuars appear more frequently, is there anypoint? Since it said on the game "The more name spheres you have, you will get an award when you return" or something like that.

Flying Mullet
08-27-2003, 02:48 PM
You do get better prizes for getting more of the named spheres, but it's nothing that great. I think you get a megalixir for all of them, an elixir for most and then an ether, but I can't remember for sure.

Zifnab
08-27-2003, 04:46 PM
FFX's Chocobo Racing.

Kenshin IV
08-27-2003, 05:10 PM
The Fort Condor game was fooking GREAT! Seven = best mini-games in any RPG.

The worst mini-games would probably be those stupid card games in Eight and Nine.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
You do get better prizes for getting more of the named spheres, but it's nothing that great. I think you get a megalixir for all of them, an elixir for most and then an ether, but I can't remember for sure.

Ooh... is that when you fight the cactuar and defeat it?

Flying Mullet
08-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Right, if you win the game of "hot & cold" and win the resulting fight, you get a named sphere.

And to correct my earlier post, here's the breakdown of awards:

8-9 named spheres: Friend Sphere
6-7 named spheres: Megalixir
3-5 named spheres: Elixir
0-2 named spheres: Potion

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Crap... I got all the named spheres and don't recall getting any of those :mad2:

Strider
08-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Gettin' a gold chocobo in FFVII is a pain in the ass.

MagicKnight Locke
08-30-2003, 11:21 PM
most annoying/challenging thing in ff history
1.completeting ancient ruins in ff3j at lvl 20,try,just try.
2.completing marsh cave in ff1 on lvl 7 with no silver swords,cure2,harm2 and fire2,came out i managed with only 1 hp on my red mage and fighter,when i was finally at elfland
3.Kicking gizamaluke's ass in ff9 :cool:

as for sidequests for all ffs

1.ff8 weapons
2.-3.ff7 weapons
2.-3.ff5 weapons

Cz
08-31-2003, 12:30 PM
The most annoying would be the Zozo clock puzzle in FFVI. It's easy enough to do, but you're constantly interrupted by random battles.

The hardest would be Excalibur II, Lightning-dodging, or the Chocobo racing from FFX.

BG-57
08-31-2003, 12:48 PM
I found collecting every Triple Triad card in FFVIII challanging but addictive. I even started a new game just to get the Angelo card. The Card Queen part of the subquest is clearly the most annoying, but getting the rare cards makes it worth it.

While chocobo racing in FFVII itself was fun, breeding and feeding nuts and greens to chocobos was really annoying. Especially trying to breed a blue/green couple. After getting a green female, I was so ecstatic over finally getting a blue male after a gazillion tries I named him 'Lucky'. :greenie:

I don't do the clock puzzle in FFVI until I get Mog and the Moogle charm. And with the Tomb of the Nameless King and Odin subquests in FFVIII I use Enc-None. I hate puzzle-solving and fighting at the same time. :mad:

Sesshomaru
08-31-2003, 11:10 PM
The stoopid lithing bolt game to get Lulu's ultimate weapon. This is by far the most annoying and tedious sidequest i've ever done. I literrally broke my controller when i got 199 and got my @ss struck.:choc:

§håd0w
09-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Don't brag about breaking your controller until you have broken an analog stick while executing Lulu's overdrive... Fury. I got 12 Flares, and then I realized I was missing R3 soon after. :grr:

IamTidus
09-01-2003, 02:25 AM
For me it was FF9's hot and cold. I played it for like 10 min. and I had enough.

Octavious
09-01-2003, 11:19 PM
I agree with hot & cold. countless hours looking for a stupid chocograph then when you find it your time runs out before you can dig it up all the way

Pancaek
09-01-2003, 11:35 PM
I don't do many sidequests or fight the Weapons for this very reason. Either they're too annoying or time-consuming, or I just don't care about what they have to offer.

Out of the ones I've tried, FFX's lightning dodging was the most challenging. I also thought it was the most fun, though. The most annoying one is FFX's butterfly chasing game, because the red butterflies always seem to get in the way. Needless to say, I gave up on it after about 2 tries.

Cz
09-02-2003, 10:01 AM
I think the Butterfly catching game would have been fantastic in a 2D FF, but in FFX the camera angle makes it far too difficult.

Kindo
09-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Er, guys... the most annoying (actually, challenging might be a better word) must be Jump Rope in FF9. I still haven't been able to get 1000 jumps! But of the choices above, I'd go with Card Queen (Annoying). The challange isn't that big, you can't really lose a card game if you know what you're doing, but it was hella annoying to get her to travel to the right places.

§håd0w
09-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
I think the Butterfly catching game would have been fantastic in a 2D FF, but in FFX the camera angle makes it far too difficult.

The angles make it so much harder. Since you can't see how close the butterfly is to the edge, you might end up catching a red one because you couldn't avoid it.

Originally posted by Kindo
Er, guys... the most annoying (actually, challenging might be a better word) must be Jump Rope in FF9. I still haven't been able to get 1000 jumps! But of the choices above, I'd go with Card Queen (Annoying). The challange isn't that big, you can't really lose a card game if you know what you're doing, but it was hella annoying to get her to travel to the right places.

Pain in the arse!!! After about 250 jumps I gave up.

muchacho
09-21-2003, 04:23 AM
can anyone say the chocobo dodgeing bird game?

Angel_Reaper
10-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Regent Cid as a frog getting that freaken key to save Zidanes buddies. :mad2: :mad: :grr: Very annoying. Challenging Excaliber II that was a......nevermind.