PDA

View Full Version : Makin' DVD's

ButThePoncho
08-27-2003, 04:55 AM
I am trying to make a DVD-video from mpeg files, but the burning software "nero" needs the files to be in the correct format before it creates the DVD. I've tried VirtualDub and I tried to get DVDXCopy, but I couldn't get a valid registration code for that.

So, my question is, has anyone made a DVD-video? If so, what program(s) did you use. Did that program require you to convert the files first and how did you do it?

crono_logical
08-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Only DVDs I've recorded are by using a camera hooked up to a DVD Player/Recorder rather than to a VCR :p No idea how to do it on the PC though, ain't got a drive and DVDRWs to experiment with :p

Citizen Bleys
08-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Bastard! You've got a burner AND a girlfriend who likes fellatio. Is there anything you DON'T have?

Shockwave Pulsar
08-28-2003, 01:38 AM
Try TMPGEnc, it's the one i use. it's pretty easy to use and the resulting file will be a ready-to-burn mpg.
Even though it's not free you can use the trial to make simple vcd files (standard MPEG-1) an unlimited amount of times. however, making actual dvd files (only to burn with a dvd-burner) will be the restricted.
here's the link to the software:
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

Good luck

BTW: if you decide to give it a shot tell me and i'll give you a link to a great tutorial.

Shlup
08-28-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
Bastard! You've got a burner AND a girlfriend who likes fellatio. Is there anything you DON'T have? The ability to undo a front-clasp bra without looking, apparently. :}

Citizen Bleys
08-28-2003, 12:35 PM
Isn't looking kind of the POINT of undoing a bra?

Shlup
08-28-2003, 09:52 PM
So, uhm, DVDs. Yeah.

Dr Unne
08-28-2003, 10:10 PM
This is far, FAR more information than I ever wanted to hear. *burns out his eyes*

Citizen Bleys
08-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Practice makes perfect, you know. *helpful*

EDIT: I do believe this is the first time I've ever won in an exchange with Shlup. Usually *I* am the one who gets weirded out and buggers off.

Shlup
08-29-2003, 03:06 AM
Guess you two shouldn't see what I've been posting at ASC. >:}

Citizen Bleys
08-29-2003, 11:41 AM

I should have known I couldn't really win :(