PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII Re-Written

Ifrit's Bodyguard
08-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Ok, it's time for another re-written thread. The idea is basically the same as the thread from about a year and a half ago, we are going to re-write FFVIII!

*This thread will contain spoilers*

The thread should be fun but there has to be some rules for this thread:

Stick roughly to the origional story, the events that happened in the story will happen here, however the dialogue and details of the events can be changed.

For example, in the last thread they all returned to Balamb to find the Galbadian Garden there but instead of finding Seifer in the station, he was upstairs with Zell's mum.

DO NOT CREATE NEW CHARACTERS. the existing characters are more than sufficient, this doen't mean you can't bring in an unnamed galbadian soldier for example for the length of one conversation

Note: I remember one instance in the last thread when Laguna was replaced by his fictional identical twin and it was funny but the twin only lasted for one reply of the thread before being killed off, the moral is that if you really must add something to further the story it will not be left there it will be killed adn it will not return to the story, furthermore;

DO NOT ADD CHARACTERS FROM ANOTHER FF. Not everyone has played all of the games and you will spoil these games for other people as well as spoiling the thread for people who don't know anything about the character you are introducing. This is FFVIII Re-written not FF Re-written, if you want to add Barrat or Zidane make a thread in general FF, not the FFVIII forum!

And it's limit break, not trance; GF, not Summon Monster etc. Keep it FFVIII!!

Keep characters consistant with their character in the game i.e. Squall still has issues, Selphie is still on happy pills. Otherwise no-one will be able to relate to the characters and the story will not be entertaining, that doesn't mean an OCCASIONAL out of character remark can't be made.

Keep it entertaining, this is a fun thread!!

EDIT: Don't move the story on too fast, write a little bit, a short paragraph at most. Remember we can take as long as we want to finish the story.

Yeah, and OOC (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode) tags would be a good idea if anyone wants to make a comment on the thread.

This will be a good thread if everyone bears the rules in mind, I hope they are just common sense anyway (if I've missed anything, let me know). So, I'll start...

Keeping the kick-ass intro, squall wakes up on the infirmary bed and speaks to the Dcotor, Quistis walks in and says...

Mr. Graves
08-27-2003, 06:52 PM
"Oh, you both are at it AGAIN??"

Squall says nothing, and just lays there.

Quistis says, "Well, let's go. Briefing for the day is about to begin."

Squall says, "...Fine."

They both leave the Infirmary.