PDA

View Full Version : how many characters

Shayo
08-27-2003, 03:33 PM
how many characters can be created on the pc version? and if u buy the ps2 version and u have 3 memory cards, could u create 1 character per memory card or would i be able to make three on one card?

project_mayhem
08-27-2003, 06:54 PM
1 character per account unless you wanna pay an extra... 1.40 i think some where around a dollar a month

Bahamut2000X
08-27-2003, 08:42 PM
It's a extra 75 cents per charcter slot. Not to be confused with charcter.

I'm not sure of the over all total amount of charcter slots you can have though.

Krystic_WLA
08-27-2003, 11:00 PM
plus extra money for the card game....

...which i tried out is is pointless to play and pay more into ur monthly bill.

Flying Mullet
08-27-2003, 11:08 PM
And you use the HDD(hard drive), not your memory card.

Lionx
08-28-2003, 01:05 AM
No its actually $1 more per month for every extra character with the limite being 64 characters.

Basically u pay $13 dollars per month, but if u decide to create another you must pay one dollar more per month making it 14 dollars per month. The card game is also the same.

Shayo
08-28-2003, 01:47 AM
ok so if i have 4 characters then id b paying 17 dollars amonth right? but wut if i have all four humes and i decide to delete one cuz i want a elvaan instead, would i have to pay another $1 amonth or keep the character slot that would have been the humes that i deleted or not??

Bahamut2000X
08-28-2003, 02:25 AM
No, the fee is a one time only fee.

Lionx
08-28-2003, 04:10 AM
No that isnt true Square has different plans for the American verison. The japanese have a one time deal but the American one doesnt. We have to pay one dollar more per month per character.

At the same press conference in which Square Enix USA announced the late-October release date for Final Fantasy XI For Windows, they also revealed the pricing information.

Final Fantasy XI subscribers will recieve their first month of play free. After one month, we will be charged a starting fee of $12.95/month. We have the option of adding the Tetra Master game for an additional $1.00 per month, and can add additional characters to our account for another $1.00 per month.

Square Enix also confirmed that Final Fantasy XI For Windows will retail for $49.95 and will include the "Rise of the Zilart" expansion pack. They also reiterated that the Playstation 2 version will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment America, and will be released alongside the launch of the 40 GB Playstation 2 Hard Disk Drive, which has yet to recieve a specific Q1 2004 release date.

Source: Square Enix USA, square-enix-usa.com

http://www.ffxionline.com/showarticle.php?s=&threadid=17379

from ffxionline.com taken from the main site of the Square-Enix website.

would i have to pay another $1 amonth or keep the character slot that would have been the humes that i deleted or not??

It would be the latter.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-28-2003, 01:44 PM
I plan on getting 3-7 characters so i might be paying $20 a month huh?....

Sounds ok to me.....