PDA

View Full Version : Worst FF Hero?

Imperia
08-27-2003, 07:13 PM
I did a female version of this a while back, but now it's time for the male one. Which male hero from the FF series do you think is the worst?

Flying Mullet
08-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Squall. Whatever. Arrgghh! :mad: I hated it when he said that. He's a one-dimensional character that showed no growth or change and was always predicatble. :mad:

TheAbominatrix
08-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Zidane. I hate the tired 'ladies man but not really' routine, I think Edgar fished that lake dry (and quite well, I might add). He was far too stereotypical and he was just annoying.

Squall would be a close second, because even though I liked him at first, the whole 'I'll change who I've been all these years for no reason what-so-ever and be stupid enough to fall for a girl who would sleep with a sexy tree if she could' deal made me hate him though.

Psychotic
08-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Tidus, he = annoying girly wimp who should be ran over. A lot. Oh yes.

Leia
08-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
Tidus, he = annoying girly wimp who should be ran over. A lot. Oh yes.

Grrr... I liked Tidus!:love: I vote Zidane and my reasons are the same as TheAbominatrix, Zidane just annoyed me as well sadly!

Pucca
08-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Tidus was good, yeah! He wasn't a girly wimp... but I could mention someone who IS (cough)Zidane!!(cough)...

He was fun- not too stiff and cold like previous heroes, but still retaining some dignity (Zidane retains none!).

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I really shouldn't even need to say it. All right.

Outsider
08-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Squall, I hate him... I guess that Zidane is even worse, but Squall was the one that really bored me.

SpikingZero
08-27-2003, 10:25 PM
My vote goes to Squall. He's all, "I don't need anybody's help; I can live on my own;" he rejects friendship from anybody; makes everyone think he's really deep, then suddenly out of the blue he has feelings for Rinoa.

I say, 'Whatever,' to that. He thinks he's deep, when he's possibly one of the shallowest characters I have ever known in any type of game.

§håd0w
08-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Tidus... ehh... can't think of anything not derrogitory :p

Squall... couldn't stand his attitude towards others... I liked it, but after a while it sorta got to me.

m4tt
08-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Squall is the biggest moron in video game history.

Kenshin IV
08-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Squall for basically the same reason Flying Mullet gave. Although Tidus does come in a fairly close second.

TidaRalique
08-28-2003, 04:31 AM
Zidane for reasons already mentioned.

I also dislike Squall and Cloud because of the constant and shallow praise they receive from fanboys. Stupid, yes.

Madonna
08-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Squall; oh my god, the angst. I BLEED DEATH FROM THIS HEART RIVER RED. And really, what's up with the sudden 180 interest to the opposite sex? It was just so lame and predictable. Granted, he was a badass in battle, but that's where his cool ended.

Madonna
08-29-2003, 01:11 AM
*shrugs* Whatever. :|

*edit* Damn you, Kenshin; deleting your post. >_<

TheAbominatrix
08-29-2003, 01:16 AM
He does that constantly, don't mind it.

Kenshin IV
08-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Lynx, you betrayed me. ;___;

=P

Outsider
08-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Considering the fact that FF6 has no main character, I believe that all main characters after Cecil aren't good.

Even Cloud, who strangely has a legion of blind fans that usually say something like: "Cloud is great, look at his hair"!!! I think that he's just stupid.

Anyway, nothing beats Squall when it comes to "worst character"

Miles_the_11
08-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Outsider
Considering the fact that FF6 has no main character,

WTF???? Terra is the main character, why is it that nobody ever seems to get that in their head?

Cz
08-31-2003, 12:36 PM
You can go through quite a few crucial moments in the game without Terra, whereas the main characters in other FF's were present pretty much all of the time. I wouldn't say anyone in FFVI is the main character.

I voted Squall. I didn't really mind his personality to begin with, but I couldn't stand the way it changed halfway through. That's not character development, that's Schizophrenia.

Sefie1999AD
08-31-2003, 12:58 PM
IMHO, Zidane is cool and there's nothing wrong with him. I didn't think Squall was that bad, either, because he develops a lot during the game (and no, I don't think it's schizophrenia). Tidus, however, is a psychopathic, cowardice, whining, wimpy and dumby character. He makes a fool of himself many times in the game, and he acts even more like a damsel-in-distress than Yuna, seeing how many times the group gets in trouble because of him and how he has to get saved. His voice is also annoying. Especially during that laughing scene in Luca. The only good thing about Tidus is that it's extremely fun totally beating the stuff out of him with Sora in Kingdom Hearts' Destiny Islands.

It's weird how the latest FF heroes (8-10) are leading the poll. I always thought the characters have been getting more develpment in the newer FFs (excluding FFX). FF6, FF7 and FF9 had my favorite characters in the series.

Inuyasha23
08-31-2003, 05:38 PM
this is bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tidus was a major wimp, everyone knows auron was the real hero of FFX ive never played FFVIII but i dont think squall could be worst than tidus unless he ran around in yellow spandex with a big pink G on his chest!!!!!!!

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TheAbominatrix
09-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Inuyasha23
this is bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tidus was a major wimp, everyone knows auron was the real hero of FFX ive never played FFVIII but i dont think squall could be worst than tidus unless he ran around in yellow spandex with a big pink G on his chest!!!!!!!

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah that's super. But seeing as you're in control of Tidus the entire friggin time, that makes him the 'hero'. Get over it.

Reine
09-02-2003, 12:17 AM
Cecil is better than all of them. Tidus, Squall and Zidane suck so badly.

Vermachtnis
09-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Tidus is the worst "hero. " I don't think he deservers that. Inuyasha23 is right Auron IS the hero of FFx. I mean how can someone who can't even punch something that comes up to your waist, can learn to use a sword in a few seconds.

And what's wrong with Squall *CoughCoughPriorDisk3coughCough*. I mean it's not written anywhere that the hero should be happy, open, and giddy. I mean he's a mercenary and uses a gunblade and nothing screams cool like a gunblade IMO.

Mr. Graves
09-02-2003, 01:10 AM
I'll say Locke, since he hides in a cave in the World Of Ruin.

Outsider
09-02-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Graves
I'll say Locke, since he hides in a cave in the World Of Ruin.

No man, He wasn't hiding, he was looking for the Phoenix magicite, so he could bring Rachel back to life

Inuyasha23
09-03-2003, 04:01 PM
i dont think that tius learned to use his sword ever!

Flying Mullet
09-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Inuyasha23
i dont think that tius learned to use his sword ever!
Plus his sword was filled with water.
"Oh look, it's Tidus and his aquarium of doom!":rolleyes2

§håd0w
09-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Lol. Yeah, you never see him hold it up during battle. And sometimes that measley buckler won't do anything.

i90east
09-04-2003, 12:36 AM
I voted Zidane. He has the worst hair style I've ever seen! Plus he's weak. Without Dyne he's nothing.

§håd0w
09-04-2003, 12:42 AM
Maybe you should level him up more. My Zidane rocks my world even without Dyne.

Inuyasha23
09-04-2003, 01:50 AM
Yeah Zidane could kick tidus's butt with out a weapon.

Ashley2
09-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Hmmmm.....Zidane ,he is a sex maniac.:P.I cann't believe that Squall is the worst FF hero

Kenshin IV
09-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by i90east
I voted Zidane. He has the worst hair style I've ever seen!

Why? Because it's normal? o_O

zacks_clone
09-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Tidus.He annoyes the heck outa me

Xander
09-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Hmm, I'll say Cloud. But I don't dislike any of them really I just liked him the least.

I loved Squall, he was anti social and quiet, reminds me a bit of myself... but I haven't played much yet so I don't know how he changes. I just like him anyway, and in the dance scene, aww he looks so sweet :love:

I also liked Zidane a lot, he was more cheerful than any of the others, and he was funny plus he really cared about Garnet which showed in a few places especially at the end. And I loved the tail :p

I also liked Tidus a lot, I just thought he was quite strong mentally for what he went through with his dad, and Yuna...

So.. I like Cloud he just doesn't stand out to me as much as the others.

Kindo
09-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Hmm, I don't think Firion had much of a personality. Don't think they had gotten that far in the game series yet. I'm not so sure about Bartz either. But besides those two, I'd probably say Tidus. Just like everything else in FFX, I hate him. One thing is his incredibly stupid personality, but did they have to have him wear that ridiculous outfit? I mean, sure it's good to be innovative when designing new characters... but Tidus' clothes were just silly.

Squall kicks ass because of his major development of character, same with Cecil. Zidane rocks because he was a generally nice guy. Locke rules too, even though I wouldn't agree with the statement of main character there. And you all know about Cloud, awesome story there.

Rase
09-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Andreil Darkstorn
Cecil is better than all of them. Tidus, Squall and Zidane suck so badly.

All that needs to be said.

i90east
09-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Why? Because it's normal? o_O

How many people do you see walking around with an overgrown bowl cut? I've never seen anyone with hair like Zidane's.

Bahmant zero
09-17-2003, 05:59 PM
altough squalls personality was anoying in places he was o.k, cloud i liked. I thought he had lots of depth and great personailty, and above that was actually heroic! Tidus is an UNheroic girly wimp (ohh what irony)
he ven waxes his legs for gods sake, he fights with a fish tank sword, and well he was just very very anoying. Very.

ChibiInuYasha
09-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Tidus was so incredibly whiney! He reminds me of those stupid jock types who think they're so kool even though they act really childish. I got tired of him always whining to "I hate my old man! I hate my old man!" Not good leadership skills.

eternalshiva
10-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Zidane ... he looks like a monkey and Tidus... whinny BRAT!

I was like *we get it! you hate your dad no F'off and keep going!*

Squall was too ... uncaring and then *pouf* he became all sappy and mushy out of the blue. It was weird but cute >.< I liked Squall

Female Ryuichi
10-31-2003, 07:48 PM
Tidus bugged the hell out of me

Nait
11-01-2003, 02:25 PM
These kinds of hate-threads suck goat.

Voted Bartz.

§håd0w
11-03-2003, 01:56 AM
*agrees*

Ultima_Paladin
11-03-2003, 02:53 AM
I voted for Tidus, he's just... wimpy

sephiroth21
11-09-2003, 11:22 PM
tidues...by far. during the whole game he semeed lost, confused, or both. but other than that the game was great. " hey masuame, where did you find that banner thing"

muchacho
11-10-2003, 12:50 AM
you cant really point out the best/worst hero. they each have their up's and down's. cecil worked for a evil empire and blew up towns, terra kinda disapperd from the story after awhile, cloud was a lier and skitso, sqaull was a asshole, zidane was a thief, and tidus was a selfish winy brat. none of these sound like a true hero to me. but yet they all end up reliseing whats wrong with them and save the world form complete distruction(yes not everyone want to distroy the world(yes i have really bad spelling))

note: i left out frion, and butz cause i havent played those games long enough.

Edgar
11-10-2003, 05:50 AM
Cecil --- No comment. A born hero.
Bartz --- No comment x2. Nothing at all!
Locke --- There isn't really a main character in FFVI, but even if he is, he's pretty much a 'hero' sort of guy.
Cloud --- He's a really funny character. My friends in school always called him a gay for the most obviously reasons (no spoilers). Because I think he's funny, I think he's not bad at all for a change from the 'pure hearted heroes'
Squall --- Urg! Whatever...
Zidane --- He stole my Garnet! GRAH!!!!!!!
Tidus --- Never played FFX but from what I see, he's a wimp...

Masamune Monk
11-10-2003, 02:30 PM
I agree with Sephiroth 1999AD for sure not to mention my new favourite qoute which is from flying mullet "Oh look, it's Tidus and his aquarium of doom!" That about sums it up for me.

I just have one question about Zidane (sort of a spoiler).
If Zidane's race is assexual then doesn't it mean he does't have a penis? if he doesn't have a penis then why the hell is Zidane so girl crazy for?

(Maybe i took this a little too far?)

§håd0w
11-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by sephiroth21
" hey masuame, where did you find that banner thing"

Someone made it for me, and Xander hosted it for me.

Silmaril
11-15-2003, 07:44 PM
I think Zidane was the worst of them all. i wish no one would say anything about Squall and Tidus. i like them sooo much. Flying Mullets quote is funny though. :)

Germ Hamee
11-15-2003, 08:13 PM
I. Hate. Cloud. His hair pisses me off. His lack of personality makes my skin crawl. The FF7 fanboys make it even worse. I really don't see what's so great about that guy. *chill*

Tidus kind of annoyed me at parts, but for the most part I could deal with him. I think it was mainly the voice actor's doing that most people deem him whiny. But I guess I still am trying to figure out why the hell he hates his dad so much. >.>;

DocFrance
11-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Reyn
I. Hate. Cloud. His hair pisses me off. His lack of personality makes my skin crawl. The FF7 fanboys make it even worse. I really don't see what's so great about that guy. *chill* I didn't think he lacked a personality. He seemed pretty emotional to me when he saw Sephiroth stab Aeris through her spine right in front of his eyes. He may act cold and uncaring, but he has seen some shitty things in his life. I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed off at the world if I had failed to attain my life-long dream, my home town had been destroyed, my mother and my friend were both killed at the hands of a mad man, said mad man could easily control my mind, my whole life for the past five years had been a lie that I've been living through another person who is already dead, AND the burden of saving the world had been placed on my shoulders. Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed. And being cold and uncaring is a personality. As much as I hate to admit it, even Squall has a personality, even though he has a dramatic personality change half-way through the game.

Germ Hamee
11-17-2003, 05:35 AM
Eh. I probably would be pretty emotional and angry if those things happened to me too... but the thing was Cloud totally failed to convince me any of those emotions of his were real. It felt more like, "yeah, whatever but I guess I better act like I care to make it interesting."

'Course it's been a long time since I played it, so perhaps there was some real emotion somewhere in there. Either way I left the game with an extreme distaste for Cloud.

DocFrance
11-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Hmm, maybe you have a point. But some people just don't want to show any emotion - think of Shadow from FF6.

And... woah, you're from Colorado... you don't see too many people from Colorado

Sasquatch
11-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Sorry, the main character of FFVI is definitely Terra. Just think about it. It's the first character you meet, and throughout the entire game, the plot centers around her. If you think otherwise, did you notice that you couldn't talk to the Espers without her?

DocFrance
11-18-2003, 03:07 PM
The plot doesn't center around her during the second half of the game, it centers around Celes. You don't even have to have Terra join you at all in the second half.

Outsider
11-19-2003, 02:25 AM
It's good to see that no one voted for Cecil... Yet, maybe there'll be people crazy enough to do something like that...

I just think he's the best main character, ever

Vaan
11-20-2003, 08:49 AM
How can you guys run down Squall? He had great development going from a guy who doesn't care to a guy that cares a lot! Squall is my favorite. I like Zidane too! Tidus is a good character. He had good voice acting and I don't really get it when people whine about him being whiny. People aren't perfect, not even polygon people. I tend to like the characters with problems the most. Cloud is great.

§håd0w
11-20-2003, 09:53 PM
That's why people didn't like him. He had that sudden change that made him seem whipped.

Zidane was really good, why people bash him... I don't know.

Tidus, he's really iffy. He did whine a lot, you have to admit that. That was what made him annoying to be around at times. All he thought was "I hate my father, and no matter what you say, he's a jerk and should not be honored." Even though he helped Braska defeat Sin. It's just the fact that he complains about his father too much is what annoyed me. I could just ignore his voice, but what he said just kept ringing out.

Vaan
11-21-2003, 02:28 AM
I see your point about Tidus...

But about Squall, I thought his change was very moving.

Outsider
11-21-2003, 03:23 AM
Yeah, he moved me to turn off the TV

Vaan
11-21-2003, 03:30 AM
Hey, don't burst my bubble... I like him!

Ramza_Beouvle
11-22-2003, 07:04 AM
I vote goes to squall, though Tidus was pretty, too! He actually left in the middle of the game and didn't fight the final boss!! Now, that was not an everyday life sort of thing, now is it?

Now don't come asking me why my avatar features Squall though I don't like him. Because it was a cool picture for an avatar.