PDA

View Full Version : Beta rocks!!

woodnman
08-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Recently got to play some beta ffxi, possibly one of the koolist mmorpg's ive seen!! After 4 years of EQ and some time on SWG, FFXI is a breath of fresh air. It has an extremely good FF feel and the gameplay is good also. Apparently theres not a lot of beta info out there because i have been trying to track some down with no luck. Post any questions and I will try to help if i can.

Dunpiel 10th Red mage/ 7th Monk, Beta

Tom Morello
08-31-2003, 09:04 PM
Meh... it's ok...

*got bored with FFXI after about a month*:o

Grand Lethal
09-02-2003, 01:47 AM
*smacks Taerdin*
BLASPHEMER!!! Yeah, I love the game and can't wait until the retail release with the Expansion classes and everything else. Some comments though:
A) Have a lot of free time... later into the game unless you have 5-6 hours set aside in a day you may not be able to accomplish to much
B) they need way more armors and weapons earlier in the game.. even if they do the same damage.. see way to many people walking around looking the exact same... later on that changes a little with Race and Gender specific armors
C) Some of the Quests really suck! Especially the subjob and Chocobo quests... they take a really long time (or can to meet all requirements), and are kind of monotonous.
D) THEY NEED MORE MAGE CLASSES!!!! I hate the fact that if I want a solid mage character it is either a WHM, BLM, RDM, or SMN... they need a few other mage type classes in the mix... because WHM seems dumb with a Power caster.... seems to defeat the purpose of a healer

Valarm
09-02-2003, 02:23 AM
:D I am so glad to find a forum that has people participating in the beta. I was wondering if you could answer a couple questions about the game for me.

Are there ways to form guilds in the game? And if so what are the prominent guilds in the game now? Does PVP exist in the game and if so how does it work?

And if you have the time answer the same question at this forum (u dont even have to log in u can reply as an guest).

http://forums.crgaming.com/ffxibb/viewtopic.php?t=3

Grand Lethal
09-02-2003, 07:23 PM
you can copy and paste this into another forum if you like. But here are your answers.

a) Yes there are clans/guilds in the game its called a linkshell. And while it doesn't seem very important early on in the game, it gets much more important and says a lot about your character as to what linkshell you are in.

b) there is currently no PvP, but apparently it is created but not implimented. They need to find a way to work it into the story... right now PvP make little to no sense as far as the storyline is conscerned.

Krystic_WLA
09-03-2003, 02:40 AM
i dont think they can add classes into patches since that would be huge! Most likely in the next Expansion they will add more classes (not rise of zilart)

Valarm
09-04-2003, 12:19 AM

Grand Lethal
09-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Shows what they CAN do. If you haven't heard yet beta testers can now get access to the expansion if they reach level 40 by sept 30! You will have access to new areas, more missions, and of course all the new advanced jobs!

*goes bak to playing and leveling*

CloudS_1
09-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Good luck Grand Lethal, I hope you can do it. What job/level are you now?

Grand Lethal
09-05-2003, 02:52 AM
at the end of tonight I'll be at least 27/12 WHM/WAR.
After level 30 I should be able to level a little faster, but we'll see. I can't wait to get 40 and try out ninja (saw a friend that got it today... Bastard!)

Valarm
09-05-2003, 06:42 AM
You all so lucky. Wish I could play too. Oh well, see you all after the release.

Renzuki
10-10-2003, 04:00 PM
I have a question, so how do you compare FFXI to EQ?

Flying Mullet
10-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Check this out:http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34743