PDA

View Full Version : Original or platinum?

Xander
08-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Do you care which version of the games you have?
I know they are basically the same (platinum is just a cheaper re-release) but do you prefer to have the original?

When I first started buying Final Fantasy's I didn't really mind and I got FFVII platinum. But with FFVIII I thought the picture discs were cool, so I got the original version.

I had platinum version of IX but the box was really cracked so I went to get a new one today and found the original one. I bought that and I didn't even know it had cool discs! But when I looked it had like artwork of the characters on the discs, so I was even more pleased ^^

So..I would rather have the original versions, especially when they have the pretty cds, but if I couldn't find any other version I would get platinum.

What about you guys, do you care which you have or does it not matter?

And platinum may have a different name elsewhere..I don't know? Just cheap versions I guess.

stealth_spider
08-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Original all the way. When you get a platinum disc, that usually means that you got a 'Greatest Hits' version of the game, but the original white discs mean that you got the original direct edition, not some re-release. As a collector, it is necessary that I have the original copy with the jewel case and instructions. In my possession I have FF origins, FF anthologies, FF Chronicles, FF VII, FF VIII, FF IX, and FFX all in original...well, except for FF VII which is hard to find in original.

GogoTheMimic
08-29-2003, 07:45 AM
I prefer the original because it's not in black and white but, alas, I have the GH version of FFVII, VIII, and Chrono Cross.

Rostum
08-29-2003, 08:04 AM
I can tell ya, Chrono Cross original is a hard bugger to find! I have all originals for FF Origins, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX and FFX.

stealth_spider
08-29-2003, 08:15 AM
OMG! I found an original copy of Chrono Cross at Microplay. But it had no jewel case, no instructions and it had Blockbuster Video written on it in gold marker. The guy wanted to sell it to me for $15. I was pretty mad.

Kurohime
08-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Doesn't make a difference to me. They all end up gathering the same amount of dust on my shelf after a few years, anyway. And it's not like they're DVDs where the "originals" have director's cuts or added bonuses or anything.

It matters not, sayeth the Kuro. ^_^

And that, as they say, is that.

Breine
08-29-2003, 12:22 PM
I really don't care... The games is still the same

Pancaek
08-29-2003, 10:40 PM
As long as they both work the same, I don't care. The only time it ever made a difference was with FFIX. I had to try two different Greatest Hits games. One stopped working after only 2 hours, and the other got me to the end of disc 4. I had to trade it for an original copy to finally beat it.

§håd0w
08-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Appearenlty the GH version of Anthology can play on PS2, but the original won't play on it. But the original just looks better.