PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER THREAD: is Tidus...

blue_midget192
08-28-2003, 10:32 PM
hey, for starters this aint 4 me its 4 my Girl Firend, Claire Smith (the most wonderful person in ther world) not 4 me so dont go all technicall on me i dont acctually play FFX (i play FF 7, 8, and 9)

so anyway she wants to know is Tidus dead?? cos some of our mates think that he is and hes just not been sent (or watever its called!) so can any one tell me the answer to this question, please!!!

IS TIDUS DEAD???????

thanks very much

soulICE
08-29-2003, 02:10 AM
shouldnt your title have a spoiler warning or something?

Vermachtnis
08-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Umm...I may be wrong, but the Faythe's woke up, and the Dream Zanarkan of 1000 years ago where Tidus is from vanished with him and Ject along with it. So I wouldn't say he's died if he wasn't alive to begin with.

blue_midget192
08-29-2003, 11:06 AM
sorry, i can see ur point about the spoiler warning, im very sorry im new at this and therfore bound to get some things wrong. but still is or is't he??

thank you soulICE for the advice i have changed my post to included the spoiler warning you said it should. any more constructive critism would be welcomed.
:)

Edit by Daryl: Please use the "edit post" button found at the bottom of your post to make additions instead of double-posting in the future. Thanks. :)

Psychotic
08-29-2003, 07:09 PM
The real Tidus is dead, and has been for many many years as Bevelle attacked Zanarkand about a thousand years ago, and either he or his ancestors died.

The one in FFX is a dream, so he was never really alive in the first place.

Leia
08-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Well as far I know, there was a big war between Bevelle and Zanarkand and its leader, Yu Yevon feared the worst so he commanded the people of Zanarkand to give up their lives and turn into fayths. The fayths are what manipulate dreams (Yu Yevon uses them to create the dream Zanarkand). The summoner (Yuna) then, without realising it, dreams up Tidus (who is a member of this dream Zanarkand) by using the power of Bahumat but the fayth are growing tired and need to stop dreaming. Hence why he disappears at the end. Wasn't he just a dream created by the fayth not a real person who actually lived in the real Zanarkand 1000yrs ago but because he's living in this dream-created version of it he believes that he lived then? Is that right? Well that's what I always thought... but anyway he isn't dead, he's just a dream that we're yet to find out what happens to him in the sequel X-2! :D

blue_midget192
08-29-2003, 09:58 PM
thanks very much. :) :) :)

§håd0w
08-30-2003, 03:01 AM
Ya know... if your confused. Don't be embarrassed to ask. You don't have to blame it on your girlfriend. I thought that was a weak excuse... but it might be true. Sorry, just wanted to say that.

blue_midget192
08-30-2003, 01:19 PM
thanks for that masamune1287 but it is acctually for my girlfriend. :) like i said Claire Smith, the most wonderful person in the world!! :) but i can see wat you mean it would be a lame excuse, if it was an excuse!!! :)

soulICE
08-30-2003, 04:06 PM
didnt one of the fayth tell Tidus that he is more than a dream as well as Ject because they both touched Sin? I never got that... If he was just a dream and dissapeared... *gets migrane*

Leia
08-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by soulICE
didnt one of the fayth tell Tidus that he is more than a dream as well as Ject because they both touched Sin? I never got that... If he was just a dream and dissapeared... *gets migrane*
That's right. Well, the fayth of Bahumat did tell Tidus that he had become more than a dream (in the part where he revisits Zanarkand when he blanks out in the Fayth Gathering) but it didn't go any further which is why I'm thinking (and hoping) that all is to come in X-2! :D :D :D

Rostum
09-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Tidus is a dream from the fayth of Zanarkand. Well that's as far as I can be bothered going with this game at the moment.

Coolmonkey456
09-26-2003, 05:16 AM
Tidus can't be dead and this is why...

1000 years ago there was a war between Bevelle and Zanarkind. Bevelle used the forbiden machina and destroyed Zanarkind. The survivors escaped and became the faith for the Dream Zanarkind. They "summoned" Zanarkind based on the memories of the city, (These are "stored" in the statues at the other side of Mt. Gagazet) therefore Tidus at one point did exist, but was transported into the future (Same with Jecht only 10 years before Tidus)because of coming into contact with Sin. This is why he is more than a dream.(He was sent to Spira before the war with Bevelle, before he died)

So...

When Sin is destroyed the faith stop deaming, causing the summoned Zanarkind to no longer exist. Therefore Tidus is either...
A) Transported Back 1000 years before the war starts (Playing blitzball where he left off)
B)He goes to the farplane -- or something similar to it.

This is what I have concluded after beating the game over ten times and studying the story very closely.

One more thing..
After you beat the game and pass the credits it shows Tidus curled up in a ball in the ocean. Then he stretches and swims to the surface. Why would it show this? Because he is alive and exists somwhere in time.
just my thoughts...

§håd0w
09-27-2003, 02:41 PM
That's what left it open for a sequel... A very bad one.

arcdragon9
09-29-2003, 03:39 AM
umm...tidus died in the war many years before.....the fayth dreamed up the memory of all who dies. thus the bubles with the people head in them.(tidus was one of them; hinting he died when bevelle attack) he was dreamed up as a memory and was made real soemhow.

§håd0w
09-29-2003, 10:09 PM
And the war happened after the Blitz game. So once the Fayth stopped dreaming, Tidus could just very well go back to the Blitz game while he was about to do the Sphere Shot.

Hell's Judgement
10-05-2003, 11:38 PM
I believe he dies when Auron throws him into sin and says " This is your Story"

Then the Fayth carry him to Baaj.

§håd0w
10-05-2003, 11:45 PM
He dies during the war between Bevelle and Zanarkand. Sin (Jecht) travelled into the past and Auron rode on Sin to Zanarkand. So as soon as Sin was defeated, Tidus could have very well gone back to the Blitz game. He wasn't dead at that point, and won't die for a bit while longer.

eternalshiva
10-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Tidus is a memory called up from the Fayths. Same with Jecht. He was alive at one point, before Bevelle attacked *SIN* but in Spira he is just a memory that the Fayths are using to help destroy sin and put an end to their dreaming.

Have you not payed attention when Tidus goes into a dream-like state before they reach the ruins of Zanarkand? The Fayths explain it there....

blue_midget192
10-06-2003, 03:45 PM
hello eternalshiva were you not paying attention wen i said "this aint 4 me its 4 my Girl Firend" and "i dont acctually play FFX " :D

eternalshiva
10-06-2003, 03:50 PM
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the other people and their various theories ;p I know you were talking about your girlfriend sheesh ^^'

To further my point in FFX-2 Tidus tells yuna in the Ultimate Ending that he was just a memory and that her need for him to be there allows his existance and as soon as she basically hates him he'll dispear again.

blech

blue_midget192
10-06-2003, 04:05 PM
k sorry, thats kool :D
thanks to all of you for these comprehensive and enjoable answers to my relativly simple quandry (that lots probebly spelt wrong for which i appologyse) :D

SeanFThomas
10-07-2003, 07:04 AM
Whether Tidus "died" at the end or not, I think he came back. Remember Yuna whistling at the pier at the end? By the way, this is just riddled with spoilers. SPOILERS! ...spoilers...okay that's enough. Anyway, Yuna was whistling at the pier. If you bear the credits, you see Tidus waking up deep underwater, then looking up and speeding upwards with a smile on his face. My opinion is, by whatever circumstances, whether that fayth went back to sleep, or it was a miracle or something, Tidus came back and answered Yuna's call. And this is fresh in my mind too because, proud to say, I just beat the game not a half hour ago, after only playing it for four days. Ah, it's good to be king!

...I'm actually joking. I have the lowest self-esteem in the world.

eternalshiva
10-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Well, that how the ultimate ending for FFX-2 is, Tidus wakes up from the deep waters off Besaid and whistles for Yuna, she like crash lands near him and blah blah blah. It picks up from the end of FFX but its been two years.See the game can't be that bad. Tidus even explains how he came back... like I mentioned before.