PDA

View Full Version : Terra or Celes

Flying Mullet
08-28-2003, 10:35 PM
What are we voting on? Only I know? :mog:

Wha ha ha ha!:D

Actually, pick a topic about the two of them and then place your vote. There are a lot of people that compare and contrast the two, so the winner of this poll is the best(and worst) at everything.

I voted for Celes because she's the better magic user of the two.

TheAbominatrix
08-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Terra all the way. I loved Terra's personality, the way she was pretty lost but not whiney about it. She was very pretty, and the fact that she can use magic before everyone else was incredibly useful. She's beautiful in her Esper form, and she devlops and changes so much through the game.

Not to say that I didnt like Celes. She was beautiful, strong, and brave. However, the whole Locke obsession, especially almost dying for the bandana was a bit much. And I'm more for a Terra x Locke than a Celes x Locke realtionship. Call me crazy.

The Man
08-29-2003, 01:21 AM
I vastly prefer Terra. I've ranted tons about this subject elsewhere, so I'll spare you the explanations this time around.

Outsider
08-29-2003, 08:09 AM
I love Terra, and I think that she is an awesome character, but I go for Celes.

I love the way she changes during the game, from the frozen-heart empire general, to the depressed girl in the solitary island, it's beautiful

Strider
08-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Celes all the way.

ForeverZeroUltima
08-30-2003, 04:59 AM
Celes. Runic. Powerful magic. Pure soul like snow. Socially lost, but found her way. Deserves to be with Locke. (she's more towards locke than terra is, terra just becomes protected by locke, that's all). End of discussion.

Celes
08-30-2003, 07:53 AM
I have to say Terra, she was strong, brave and a good friend and a fighter to the end. Celes was too, actually Celes and Terra are both such great characters it is so hard to choose between the two!:p I really liked how Terra could use fire magic, it seems to suit her personality. Plus it was so cool how Terra looked after all the orphan kids, and how she cared for them so much.:) In the beginning of the game, I also thought Terra and Locke would be a great couple, but later on it becomes clear that Locke and Celes just seem to get along better. I wanted Terra and Edgar to be together, Edgar could cheer her up with corny jokes, and Terra seemed to be the only girl he really wanted.....:D

MagicKnight Locke
08-30-2003, 11:04 PM
terra rocks,she is so beautiful :love:

Psychotic
08-31-2003, 01:49 PM
Uh... I am going to guess that we're voting on who has the best hair, so Terra.

Daryl
08-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Let's see....

Terra: green hair.
Celes: blonde.

Terra wins.

Terra: Learns Ultima in time on her own.
Celes: Learns Imp.

Terra wins.

Terra: Half-esper
Celes: Ex-general

Terra wins.

Terra: Whines on a boat ride.
Celes: Jumps off a cliff.

Celes wins.

So, I'll stop and just vote for Terra. Heh.

m4tt
08-31-2003, 04:14 PM
I like Celes with Locke, just cause it's neat.

Ashley has her hands around my neck, so this is scary.

Female Ryuichi
08-31-2003, 09:02 PM
I like both of them. If i have to chose, my head will explode :D

Kenshin IV
09-01-2003, 05:19 AM
I loved them both, but I'd have to pick Terra. Terra was my favorite character in that game, and Celes was my second. They were both very likable and well-developed characters.

Edgar
09-01-2003, 10:46 AM
I go for appearence. Celes' runic saved my life once but Terra's Morph is amazing at midstages *before level 99*.

Terra's shorter so...Terra.

Imperia
09-01-2003, 05:29 PM
I can't vote on this one, because I like them both. Both of them are very strong women, and they use swords for a change! I'm sick of women using arrows and sticks. Go Terra and Celes!

the blitzer
09-03-2003, 11:49 AM
I go for Terra on everything. Although I like Celes with Locke.

sykotikdevil
09-04-2003, 01:00 AM
I'd have to say Celes because she's better looking and a great singer!

Wightraven
09-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Hmmm... tough draw. Spoilers ahead, but I've only marked a few, so be forewarned.

Terra is cool because of the Morph whatnot, and because she has green hair. I'm a goth, we like those kind of things. In my opinion, she was much prettier than Celes, because of her petite frame. She also just had the LOOK. You saw her and thought, "wow, she must be a badass magick-user". She was more emotionally sound than Celes, and she was more important to the story, I thought.

On the downside her love for the children was annoying at best.

Celes, on the other hand, had everything handed to her. She was a "general", but not a very good one. She was emotionally unstable and that's not good for anyone in warfare. Halfway through the game it suddenly became about her, and I thought that was rather screwed up. The Locke thing had the potential to be touching, unless of course you were like me and pulling for Setzer. Aside from that, Celes just isn't as pretty as Terra, IMO.

The winner is? Terra.

CloudDragon
09-07-2003, 12:16 AM
I like them both, but Terra wins mainly because of Morph, and I liked her better. =D

Boss
12-07-2003, 06:36 PM
I voted for terra

Sabin_Figaro
02-05-2004, 01:11 AM
i voted for Celes because.....well i think she is far stronger...at least the way i used her...

Lamia
02-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Fire vs. Ice. Delicate beauty, versus, *flex muscle* i'm a strong, brave, woman beauty.

They are both really awesome and majestic characters. I used both of them throughout the game.
Although I liked Terra better, I even dressed up as Terra for halloween one year. Haha.

They are both very well-rounded characters. Their emotions seemed to be the strongest of any of the characters in the game. Plus, they're both great magic users. Very memorable characters. I love them both.

I think the girls dominated Final Fantasy 6..
some could argue that Terra and LOCKE share the position of main character. But I disagree

1st half = Terra
2nd half = Celes

muahaha.

Although Locke is an awesome character, too. The game revolves around the three really.

Citizen Bleys
02-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Celes has a certain je ne sais quoi. She's more dramatic; I like how she had a high rank within the Empire, but then lost it all.

I bet Celes has larger breasts.

CloudDragon
02-10-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
Celes has a certain je ne sais quoi. She's more dramatic; I like how she had a high rank within the Empire, but then lost it all.

I bet Celes has larger breasts.

I bet YOU have larger breasts.

Yes, I already voted, and my vote still stays with Terra. :D

Edgar
02-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Note that Terra is rather short (well, about average height, 5'6" or so) while Celes is pretty tall. I'm too lazy to hunt for my notebook on their info. :P

DocFrance
02-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Also note that FF characters is general are pretty short. Cloud in FF7 is only 5'8".

Edgar
02-15-2004, 02:46 AM
does that include his hair? :P He's shorter can me =\

I noted that characters in FFVIII are generally taller.

EDIT: But let's get back to the topic :)

MrFrost
02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
celes because she hotter

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Tough decision. I'm going to refrain from voting, but I will say that for a game with three female characters, those two were excellent representatives for women in the game.

Marcus
02-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Terra.

Celes' shoulders are way to manly for my taste. And she got that sad look in her eyes, which makes me gag everytime I play the game. Terra's sudden maternal feelings worried me though.

The Man
02-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by MrFrost
celes because she hotter what an intelligent post!

i found terra more attractive, personally. <3 turquoise hair

Azrael85
02-26-2004, 01:53 PM
I picked Terra. I enjoyed using her more throughout the game; I really like her Morph technique, and I find that her magic is more powerful than Celes' (even without the Morph technique being used).

On the "who's hotter" issue, in the outfits that they use throughout the game, I say Terra is hotter; except when Celes is in that opera outfit, she takes the cake at that point in the game.

I generally liked Terra more, so I picked her.

Evil Looking Teddy
03-02-2004, 07:42 PM
I picked Celes because Terra is all emo.

Marcus
03-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Well, Celes too.. For an Empire General, she sure can whine like a little girl.

§håd0w
03-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by InDeCeNt_CaReSs
celes looks better.

:rock:

FallenSilence
03-11-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm gonna go with Terra. Yeah, Celes has a pretty cool Runic ability and is probably better looking, but Terra is definately the better magic user and a half-esper! I mean, come on, no competition, really.

babybahamut
03-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Looks? Celes. Everything else (y'know, the important stuff)? Terra. She is just brilliant in my opinion, she has great ownage. High attack power AND powerful magic? that would be enough, but no, she couples it with morph too, which just saves your life in EVERY fight. I beat atmaweapon at a lower level than my friend here (hey doom!) thanks to morph.

Christmas
03-26-2022, 02:17 PM
Terra of course. She nurture little children while Celes lusts for a thief. And using my eagle sharp eyes, i think Terra's boobs are slightly bigger than Celes'. I hope this answers everything.:bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
03-26-2022, 11:25 PM
And using my eagle sharp eyes, i think Terra's boobs are slightly bigger than Celes'.

Not to mention pointier, when she's in Esper form at least.