PDA

View Full Version : A few rare items

Vermachtnis
08-29-2003, 02:41 AM
I'm trying really hard to get Zell's and Squall's ultimate weapon and I can't find anything to Refine into Pulse Ammo and Fury Fragments.

Also, just for the heck of it I want more Devour abilities does anyone know where to get a Hungry Cockpit.

All help is more then greatly apprieciated

ShivaBlizzard8
08-29-2003, 05:49 AM
A good way to get fury fragments is by playing Triple Triad - 4 Blue Dragon cards will get you one fury fragment, which, if I'm not mistaken, is all Zell needs to get his best set of gloves.

Pulse Ammo, however, is a tad more difficult; you need to refine it from energy crystals, which are hard to come by. One crystal will get you 10 pulse ammos, and I believe Squall needs 12 to get the Lionheart. They are generally dropped by Elynoles, but they are hard to find outside of the Lunatic Pandora. The only other way to get your hands on them is to refine 10 Elynole cards into one crystal, which is a pain in the butt.

Zifnab
08-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by ShivaBlizzard8
They are generally dropped by Elynoles, but they are hard to find outside of the Lunatic Pandora.
A man dressed in black is actually a Elynoles battle in Esthar. Just talk to him to fight one, almost always drop Energy Crystals as well.

BG-57
08-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Complete the UFO subquest. *Spoiler* If you give PuPu five Elixirs, he'll give you his card, which can refine into a hungry cookpot.
As far as I know, it's the the only one available in the game.

Lena
08-30-2003, 12:26 AM
If you want to get Fury fragments is a good idea (as ShivaBlizzard has said) to play the Triad card game and refine the items from your won cards. As for the Energy Crystals, the best way to get them is to fight Elnoyle in Esthar. If you already have GF Tonberry you can use the ability LV Up to boost Elnoyle“s level and get the item most likely or equip Bahamut“s ability Rare Item, so at the end of the battle you will earn this items as well.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-30-2003, 02:15 AM
Where is the man in black generally located? I've always wanted to be able to find Elynoles in Esthar, but have never been successful. I want to go hunt him down. :) Does he only exist before the Lunar Cry or after, or is he always kicking around?

EDIT: Never mind, I found him. :)