PDA

View Full Version : Non-Theme Music

i90east
08-29-2003, 09:15 PM
So which non-theme song is your favorite? I know that some songs have multiple uses, but I picked scenes that should be easily recognizable. I came up with 28 but there's a limit of 20 so I'll take out 8 of the less prominent songs (and least likely to be voted).

Other includes these (and any I didn't think of):

Zozo
Floating Continent
Auction House
Colosseum
Kefka Fanatics Tower
Train at Magitek Factory
World of Ruin Narshe
Ghost Train

*edit* whoops, Serpent Trench wasn't supposed to be in the poll, oh well :)

The Man
08-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Dancing Mad. (listed as "End Game Battle" or something to that effect on your poll)

Strider
08-29-2003, 09:55 PM
I really like "Wild, Wild West", other referred to as the Veldt theme, but "Dancing Mad" is the best, yeah.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-29-2003, 10:40 PM
"Protect the Phatom Beasts!" deserves some mention, too. It's the song that plays during the snowfield, factory escape, and IAF battle sequences. Its bland alternate title is "Save Them!" Really good song. Okay.

i90east
08-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Don't forget to vote :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Oh it's not really a matter of remembering or forgetting.

The Man
08-30-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
"Protect the Phatom Beasts!" deserves some mention, too. It's the song that plays during the snowfield, factory escape, and IAF battle sequences. Its bland alternate title is "Save Them!" Really good song. Okay. Just out of morbid curiosity, would you happen to have the proper translations of ALL the track titles in the game? Cause if they raped "Protect the Phantom Beasts" THAT MUCH, God only knows what they did to the other tracks ;x

Outsider
08-30-2003, 02:12 AM
Zozo all the way... Its the best non-character theme song in the game. But I love that Jidoor theme in the WoR too.

And I think that "Dancing Mad" is also great, but I conssider it to be a charcter theme.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-30-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by The Man
Just out of morbid curiosity, would you happen to have the proper translations of ALL the track titles in the game? Cause if they raped "Protect the Phantom Beasts" THAT MUCH, God only knows what they did to the other tracks ;x First of all, with the exception of "Kefka," any character theme that consists only of its character's name originally had "'s Theme" tacked onto the end of it. So, I won't bother with those individually.
"Opening Theme" is "Sign."
"Colliery Nalsh" is "Coal Mine City Narshe," which is prettymuch the same thing, but okay.
"Fanfare" is "Victory Fanfare." No surprises there, since that's its name in at least most of the rest of the series.
"Cefka" is "The Mage Kefka," just like how Lydia's theme is "The Girl Lydia." Nice.
"Mt. Coltz" is "Sacred Mountain Coltz."
"The Returners" is "The Rebels."
"Troops March On" is "March of the Empire."
"The Mystic Forest" is "Forest of Illusion," which makes more sense in the context of the location in the game.
"Mystery Train" is "Phantom Train." Nice.
"Wild West" is "Beast Field." How boring. No, don't mind that the veldt isn't even in the West. "Beast Field" still loses.
"Kids Run Through the City Corner" is "Children at the Street Corner."
"Under Martial Law" is just "Martial Law."
"Save Them!" is "Protect the Phantom Beasts!"

"Coin Song" is "Coin of Fate," which certainly adds something to it all, yessir.

"Aria di Mezzo Carattere" is "Aria." Uhm.
"Grand Finale?" is "A Grand Dance."

"Devil's Lab" is "Magic Factory," so you're beginning to realize that these weren't all quite cases of rape.
"Blackjack" is "Airship Blackjack," is is about par for the series; see "Giant Battleship Invincible" from FFIII.
"??" is "What?" This interestingly sets it parallel to the similarly odd-sounding "What?!" from FFV.
"Another World of Beasts" is "Phantom Beast World." Great song. Glad they changed the title.

"New Continent" is "Magical Continent," which is nice because the continent really isn't all that new so much as it's, you know, incredibly ancient.
"Dark World" is "The Death World."
"The Magic House" is "Mechanism Residence." Owzer naturally had a lot more mechanical obstacles on the way to his innermost sanctum than magical ones, anyway.
"Last Dungeon" is "Devil's Tower." Now that, you might call rape.
"Dancing Mad" is "Ominous Star Mad Dance." Wtf I love it.
Let's end it on a rape-note with "Ending Theme," originally and lovingly entitled "Reviving Green." Great.

m4tt
08-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Atma Weapon boss battle. <3

I also love Zozo theme.

i90east
08-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Searching for Friends has always been my favorite, even though it's a little old now. I also like Jidoor, South Figaro, and all the battle themes among others. All of the songs are good in their own way. I'm glad that there are so many to choose from.

The Man
08-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
First of all, with the exception of "Kefka," any character theme that consists only of its character's name originally had "'s Theme" tacked onto the end of it. So, I won't bother with those individually.
"Opening Theme" is "Sign."
"Colliery Nalsh" is "Coal Mine City Narshe," which is prettymuch the same thing, but okay.
"Fanfare" is "Victory Fanfare." No surprises there, since that's its name in at least most of the rest of the series.
"Cefka" is "The Mage Kefka," just like how Lydia's theme is "The Girl Lydia." Nice.
"Mt. Coltz" is "Sacred Mountain Coltz."
"The Returners" is "The Rebels."
"Troops March On" is "March of the Empire."
"The Mystic Forest" is "Forest of Illusion," which makes more sense in the context of the location in the game.
"Mystery Train" is "Phantom Train." Nice.
"Wild West" is "Beast Field." How boring. No, don't mind that the veldt isn't even in the West. "Beast Field" still loses.
"Kids Run Through the City Corner" is "Children at the Street Corner."
"Under Martial Law" is just "Martial Law."
"Save Them!" is "Protect the Phantom Beasts!"
"Coin Song" is "Coin of Fate," which certainly adds something to it all, yessir.
"Aria di Mezzo Carattere" is "Aria." Uhm.
"Grand Finale?" is "A Grand Dance."
"Devil's Lab" is "Magic Factory," so you're beginning to realize that these weren't all quite cases of rape.
"Blackjack" is "Airship Blackjack," is is about par for the series; see "Giant Battleship Invincible" from FFIII.
"??" is "What?" This interestingly sets it parallel to the similarly odd-sounding "What?!" from FFV.
"Another World of Beasts" is "Phantom Beast World." Great song. Glad they changed the title.
"New Continent" is "Magical Continent," which is nice because the continent really isn't all that new so much as it's, you know, incredibly ancient.
"Dark World" is "The Death World."
"The Magic House" is "Mechanism Residence." Owzer naturally had a lot more mechanical obstacles on the way to his innermost sanctum than magical ones, anyway.
"Last Dungeon" is "Devil's Tower." Now that, you might call rape.
"Dancing Mad" is "Ominous Star Mad Dance." Wtf I love it.
Let's end it on a rape-note with "Ending Theme," originally and lovingly entitled "Reviving Green." Great.
kishi, this is why all of us love you :love:

Would you happen to have similar translations for the rest of the series? If so, plz make an faq *begs*

Sefie1999AD
08-30-2003, 09:30 PM
I like the original translations of Dancing Mad and Ending Theme. Especially when they are my favorite non-character themes in the game. I'd vote for Ending Theme aka Reviving Green.

Daryl
08-31-2003, 03:21 PM
Dancing Mad is great, but I love Blackjack's theme, too. Heck, I love most the music in this game. Like, whatever the music in the Esper cave is called. If I knew it's name, I'd vote for that one, but I don't, so I'll vote for Blackjack's music (WoB Airship, rawr).

Edit: Went to vote and saw "The Opera" listed. If it's referring to the music played therein, I'll go with that, 'cause I really like singing that vocal theme Celes-posing-as-Maria does. xD

The Man
09-01-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Daryl
whatever the music in the Esper cave is called.
"Another World of Beasts," or "Phantom Beast World" as kishi translated it. :)

Daryl
09-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I should really pay attention to the long posts in the thread before just posting my response, shouldn't I? *lazy* Thanks, Aaron.

That song is great. I like that title, too. "Phantom Beast World" is neater sounding than "Esper Cave."

The Man
09-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Both "Another World of Beasts" and "Phantom Beast World" are nice, methinks.

It wasn't made explicitly clear which track that was in kishi's post, anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much ;)

Strider
09-04-2003, 10:15 PM
I personally prefer the "Ominous Star Mad Dance."

:D