PDA

View Full Version : To Flare or not to Flare... or to Meteor.

lemonation
08-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Okay. I have a Time Mage. He was just a Wizard who just learned Flare. I made him into a Time Mage so that I can get a Summoner. I want said Summoner to have either Black or Time magic as a second ability. So: should I give him Flare by using Black Magic, or should I get Meteor and give him Time MAgic?

SoS.Atlerik
08-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Flare is better than meteor.

ShadyMilkman
08-31-2003, 06:44 PM
It depends. Summoners have discriminate attacks with big range already. Meteor has huge range. But, it also takes a long time to charge and for that reason is very risky. Flare is a bit more powerful and costs less MP. However, it can only attack one enemy at a time. I personally would learn both. Take the Time Magic ability to random battles and use the Black Magic in story battles because you will more often face less, more powerful enemies in storyline battles. Flare is awesome for fighting Zodiac Monsters, while Meteor is great for wiping out several enemies at once. Just take your pick.

lemonation
08-31-2003, 07:44 PM
Thank you. I'll go with your idea. The only problem is, I have 14 Time Mage JP. :eek: I'm doomed. Well, now I'm off to train before I brutally kill Algus! Bai!

ShadyMilkman
08-31-2003, 07:50 PM
Your getting Flare AND Meteor befoe you even fight Algus??? You got a loooong way to go. But you'll be in good shape no doubt.

Gregory
09-01-2003, 08:09 AM
Have you considered mastering all the classes you already are before fighting Algus? Algus sucks in battle as long as you have your good friend speed. I suggest taking out the wizards or healing yourself in between their attacks. Wizards and Knights make Algus seem like Velius in times, but still, bring a few mized classes with nearly unbeatable combos like Blade Grasp for the knights, Magic Defend UP for the wizards, or Arrow Guard on Algus, or break his weapon to make things easier. Basic combos include Yell, and Speed Save, if your an archer. I can name alot more but time is money, right? I wish you luck.

lemonation
09-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks to Delita, Algus is dead. Sadly though, I couldn't get to his minions first. So I didn't get much experience. Ho hum. I'll get Meteor later. I can't even cast Flare, and Meteor costs more. So I'll get it later.

ShadyMilkman
09-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Lemonation, did you draw all those yourself? They are hilarious. You're just too cool.